Prototype 8.4L Case with 240mm AIO and Dual Slot GPU Support

KimchiKimKim

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 7, 2020
Hi guys!

My name is Gray and I've been working to create my idea of a perfect case that can handle any GPU and CPU combo with ease. As I just upgraded to a 10700k my 92mm AIO was just not cutting it anymore. So I fired up Solidworks and went through a few iterations until I struck a balance with everything I was looking for in my ideal SFF Case. It's overbuilt and should be a tank of a case that can be put in a vertical or horizontal orientation. I have been in contact with the manufacture but wanted to get a feel to see the demand for a case like this or if anyone will even buy one. Pricing will be anywhere from $250-350 due to the low quantities and close to no bulk price breaks.

Specs
  • Mini-ITX Motherboard
  • Flex ATX PSU
  • GPUs 278mm in length
  • Any 240mm AIO should fit
  • 3x 2.5inch SSD or HDDs Could fit up to 9 pretty easily

Dimensions
  • 267mm x 282mm x 111mm
  • 8.4L in volume

Any questions? Please feel free to ask!

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Interesting concept - I think accomodating these parts is great although somewhat limiting in GPU height and PSU choices but for the diehard enthusiests I'm sure this will offer a tasty solution!

What is the space beside the Motherboard and under the GPU used for? Is that HDD/SSD space?

KimchiKimKim

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 7, 2020
Interesting concept - I think accomodating these parts is great although somewhat limiting in GPU height and PSU choices but for the diehard enthusiests I'm sure this will offer a tasty solution!

What is the space beside the Motherboard and under the GPU used for? Is that HDD/SSD space?

That's where one can fit up to 9 SSDs

SeBBBe

Case Bender
New User
Jun 28, 2020
It looks like there would be a lot of positive pressure with the config pictured, GPU and AIO sucking in air. How do you plan on venting that? I would suggest vents both top and bottom along with small feet to allow air flow underneath.