Hi, i'm looking for smallest possible case for these :

i5 9400
Asrock z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC

Gigabyte RTX mini 2060
3000mhz 16gb memory
NVME 1tb
HDD 2.5/3.5 1TB for cctv
PSU silverstone SX-500 LG

Googled some case but most of them are made for full sized gpu..

Also i was wondering if there will be temp issue with my build above?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Other than the custom cases here, maybe..
- Silverstone SG13?
- Cooler Master CM110?

denywinarto

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 5, 2018
Other than the custom cases here, maybe..
- Silverstone SG13?
- Cooler Master CM110?

Thanks, but i think those are a little too big for me, i've had cooler master 110 before, and i'm looking for something with similar size of Dan A4-sfx or possibly smaller, cause even Dan cases are made for full-sized GPU

denywinarto

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 5, 2018
Skyreach S4 Mini. But it's currently not in stock.

Thanks, i'll keep an eye when its available.
Any other cases?

Edit : after watching the vid on their web, looks like it only fits DC to ATX psu.
Is there any other cases that could fit mini PSU such as Silverstone's SG-500?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
The problem is not the RTX 2060, but because the case need to support SFX-L and 3.5" drive (at least that's what I understand based on the spec you wrote).

NFC S4 doesn't support SFX psu nor 3.5" drive.

If you can sacrifice either one, I think you'll have more option.

denywinarto

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 5, 2018
Ah sorry should have been more clear, for my 2nd drive, 2.5 inch hdd or ssd is fine.
I'm gonna use nvme as my main os drive anyway.

After some googling looks like Zs-A4 is the best one so far,
however it only supports Flex-atx so i guess i'll have to find one as well..

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Ah sorry should have been more clear, for my 2nd drive, 2.5 inch hdd or ssd is fine.
I'm gonna use nvme as my main os drive anyway.

After some googling looks like Zs-A4 is the best one so far,
however it only supports Flex-atx so i guess i'll have to find one as well..

Oh now we're talking.

If 3.5" drive is not a must, then for ITX GPU & SFX-L PSU, look no further than the build log in my signature.

* Edit: rumor has it that the creator is creating a top extension to accommodate case fan and/or AIO. It'll block the exhaust holes & you need to be a bit creative, but MAYBE it can house a 3.5" drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Lazer3d LZ7 and the MI-6 both support all your components except for 3.5 drives. The lazer is available now and the MI-6 just completed a production run but should have another one upcoming.

denywinarto

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 5, 2018
Oh now we're talking.

If 3.5" drive is not a must, then for ITX GPU & SFX-L PSU, look no further than the build log in my signature.

* Edit: rumor has it that the creator is creating a top extension to accommodate case fan and/or AIO. It'll block the exhaust holes & you need to be a bit creative, but MAYBE it can house a 3.5" drive.

Lazer3d LZ7 and the MI-6 both support all your components except for 3.5 drives. The lazer is available now and the MI-6 just completed a production run but should have another one upcoming.

Thanks for the advice, but i already pick up Zs-4m through superbuy,
Those 3 cases still looks bigger than Zs-4m..

I actually plan another 27 inch monitor AIO build that could house mini-itx + SFX PSU + mini-gtx,
But i want to be able to swap the GPU to the mini itx case in case i need it ,
and carry it back and forth between my office and home,
so that's why portability matters to me..

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Glad you found your case of choice.

Yeah FlexATX will always be smaller but personally I don't think I can live with the fan noise.

Reactions: rfarmer

illuminerdi

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 8, 2019
Consider talking to Matt3d (https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/modivio-xcase-customizable-console-style-case.2732/) who lurks in this forum and also runs modivio.com - he 3d prints SFF cases in custom shapes and sizes, so you can more or less have him print one that fits exactly your part combination with very little wasted space.

He's also willing to build custom versions of his cases with changes and modifications to squeeze every last drop of space out of your hardware combination, though he does charge for it.

You may also want to consider a Flex ATX PSU. They're slightly smaller than SFX PSUs, and 500W is probably overkill for your build. Yes, Nvidia officially recommends a 500W PSU for a 2060, but the card itself only draws about 170W peak and your processor is 65W peak. Assuming you don't throw in a ton of fans and spinning-disk HDDs, you can probably squeak by with about a 300W or 350W Flex ATX PSU. Or if money is no object, get an HDPlex 400W which is positively miniscule compared to even Flex ATX.

The benefit of Flex ATX is that some cases like the modivio can squeeze one in next to the GPU and it adds less height than a SFX and is about the same length as the GPU, so it also doesn't add length.

denywinarto

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 5, 2018
Glad you found your case of choice.

Yeah FlexATX will always be smaller but personally I don't think I can live with the fan noise.

Hmm yeah i think i have an idea of how loud it is,
i got a HGST 4u60 JBOD rack with 2 flex ATX PSUs, and its a bit loud even during idle,
and its really loud during startup.

I couldnt find a quiet flex PSU though,
This was recommended cause it's passive, but not sure if it'll fit Zs-am4
https://streacom.com/products/zf240-fanless-240w-zeroflex-psu/

Thinking of getting silverstone's SST-FX350-G, cause it's the only one with decent reviews

Consider talking to Matt3d (https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/modivio-xcase-customizable-console-style-case.2732/) who lurks in this forum and also runs modivio.com - he 3d prints SFF cases in custom shapes and sizes, so you can more or less have him print one that fits exactly your part combination with very little wasted space.

He's also willing to build custom versions of his cases with changes and modifications to squeeze every last drop of space out of your hardware combination, though he does charge for it.

You may also want to consider a Flex ATX PSU. They're slightly smaller than SFX PSUs, and 500W is probably overkill for your build. Yes, Nvidia officially recommends a 500W PSU for a 2060, but the card itself only draws about 170W peak and your processor is 65W peak. Assuming you don't throw in a ton of fans and spinning-disk HDDs, you can probably squeak by with about a 300W or 350W Flex ATX PSU. Or if money is no object, get an HDPlex 400W which is positively miniscule compared to even Flex ATX.

The benefit of Flex ATX is that some cases like the modivio can squeeze one in next to the GPU and it adds less height than a SFX and is about the same length as the GPU, so it also doesn't add length.

Thanks for the Flex PSU inisght,
I think i will get silverstone's SST-FX350-G
I already ordered Zs4 though, will check out the Matt's custom mods if i'm not happy with it..

hat1324

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks, i'll keep an eye when its available.
Any other cases?

Edit : after watching the vid on their web, looks like it only fits DC to ATX psu.
Is there any other cases that could fit mini PSU such as Silverstone's SG-500?
From smallest to largest, your first three options are probably going to be
  • Skyreach S4 Mini / Logic Supply MC600
  • Dr Zaber Sentry
  • Dan A4
for the forseeable future

Last edited: