Howdy folks. Newbie in the forum here. I just joined the S4 mini cult and migrating from a Node 202 build. Below is what I currently have:
- Asrock Z390 ITX motherboard
- Intel 9400F CPU
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM
- NVME and 2.5" SSD drive
- Zotac 2060 Mini (twin fan model). Exactly the same dimensions as Josh's zotac 2070 brickless build
- Ordered these - S4 Mini case, power button, C8 wire from amazon, HDPlex 400W AC-DC and DC-DC unit
- You cannot use a C14 Connector as there is not enough space with the brickless build. So if I use a C8 connector that is included in the HDplex package, where do I connect the yellow ground wire in the C8 female connector so that the system is safe? I did google a lot about this and I see people connecting it to the chassis. But I also read that its not safe thing to do.
- Withe the 2 fans on the GPU removed, can I use the Skybracket (not the duo) and mount a Slim 120mm noctua fan instead of the 2 that I remove from the GPU? The reason I want to do this is because the 2.5" SSD is required for my usecase. And the Skybracket duo was going to be used for that purpose. (I was going to buy another duo bracket but NFC is sold out).