Power Supply SlimQ 330W GAN DC+USB Brick

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
It should be a good pairing. Ive used their 240w with the HDplex without issue. Also used it direct to a 19v SBC (Deskmini)

SlimQ has an interesting feature which is it flashes a blinking orange warning light when it detects usage in the top 10% of it's output, supposed to let you know when it's being pushed too hard. Except that i have seen it do that on 60 watt loads, so I don't think it works properly. Ive been running a GPU at 150 watts on the 240 brick and it just flashes continuously.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Purchased 2 240's one for a 12-gen Asus thin itx build and the second for my Clevo laptop. Runs really cool compared to another GaN I got off Ali which is much smaller. I am happy with their quality and service.

Reactions: XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
I was looking at their 65W unit as an option for my PS1. Might swap out the stock PSU for a pico one.

As for the PC side, SlimQ if you are reading this, why not try making a GAN 330W DC-ATX to go with that 330W charger?

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
There's still HDplex.

But we really need the Dynamo 360 back now too as it was more compact

Also this might have been announced already but I found out HDplex will revise the next version of the 400w dc-dc to support 12-48v wide input, paving the way for dc step down from 48v Gan pd chargers, but more importantly, [a high quality option] for industrial 12v psu and 12v automotive application

Last edited:

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
Pre order price is $129, which seems reasonable but no idea how long the wait will be.

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
Just got this email update

Dear SlimQ F330 backers,
Just a quick update on where we are about order fulfillment.
1. For the 330W charger, we just received all the required components and will start manufacturing early next week. If everything runs smoothly, we should be able to start shipping by end of this month or with a few days' delay in early December.

Seems to be on track for production

Reactions: eedev

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
According to the Dec 30 2022 update, these have been shipping:

Has anyone ordered one of these? I'm considering using one (or even two) of these in conjunction with one or multiple Pico PSU to power a Deskmini plus GPU build.

I have one but haven't pushed it past 150 watts to report on the full performance yet, but so far it seems to be working as intended with the Deskmini. Also tested with an HDplex on an itx build.