Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2018
Support for 280mm radiator or radiatorS? The case would be worth the $279 price tag if we can fit two 280mm rads in it. Also cool, 280 + 140 (I like at least 1x240 for GPU and 1x140 for CPU minimum). I've marked my calendar and have started fasting to save money for this case.

titanrocker

Cable Smoosher
Oct 20, 2020
Support for 280mm radiator or radiatorS? The case would be worth the $279 price tag if we can fit two 280mm rads in it. Also cool, 280 + 140 (I like at least 1x240 for GPU and 1x140 for CPU minimum). I've marked my calendar and have started fasting to save money for this case.
I was prepared to buy this, but noticed SFX PSU's required. Any chance something like this will work in it? https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-focus-plus-850-platinum-ssr-850px-850w/p/N82E16817151190

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Reactions: DrHudacris

titanrocker

Cable Smoosher
Oct 20, 2020
ATX won't fit even if it's shorter. Needs an SFX. Any reason you're going for 850W btw? You should be fine with an SF750 from Corsair.
Thanks for the details. I bought the PSU thinking I’d go ATX, but the SFF bug got me, and was hoping to use the PSU as I just bought it.

I’ll attempt to sell it I guess and get a good SFX.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Thanks for the details. I bought the PSU thinking I’d go ATX, but the SFF bug got me, and was hoping to use the PSU as I just bought it.

I’ll attempt to sell it I guess and get a good SFX.

Sliger does have cases that can support ATX (cerberus and cerberus x) but not the SV.

Reactions: robojim

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2018
Luckily I'm trying to move from an Ncase M1 v6.1 to this, so I have an SFX PSU already. The reason before anyone asks, cooling. Want to get more radiator size (waiting for XSPC TX240's is taking too long).

Clevername3000

Efficiency Noob
Nov 21, 2017
I'm sure someone's tried it before, is it possible to use that sliger styled vent slotting as a place to screw on a fan? Like on the back of the SV540 there, I'm wondering if you'd be able to stick a 120 or 140 mm fan on the outside behind the GPU and Motherboard.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I don't think it will be. I emailed them earlier this week and was told mid November. Why it says October 23rd on their website is baffling.

Reactions: DrHudacris

titanrocker

Cable Smoosher
Oct 20, 2020
I don't think it will be. I emailed them earlier this week and was told mid November. Why it says October 23rd on their website is baffling.
Well crud! Gotta get a super vertical case either matx, or it’s that supports closed 360mm AIO Coolers.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Well crud! Gotta get a super vertical case either matx, or it’s that supports closed 360mm AIO Coolers.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Been looking at the Evolv Shift and H1 but both have terrible design compromises.

The email reply told me that preorders will start mid November so who knows when you'll be able to get it in hand. Maybe by the end of November or early Dec. They need to change that date on the webpage for sure though.

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2018
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Been looking at the Evolv Shift and H1 but both have terrible design compromises.

The email reply told me that preorders will start mid November so who knows when you'll be able to get it in hand. Maybe by the end of November or early Dec. They need to change that date on the webpage for sure though.

I had the Shift X and it was an awesome case with the one fatal flaw of the front panel. It was so constricting of airflow. I got a quote for like $150 to have it machined with hexagon holes and although that would have made great improvements, I decided to just get rid of it. The cost of the case and machining it was just too much. That'd put it in the SV590 range then.

If you can machine it yourself, I would go for it.

titanrocker

Cable Smoosher
Oct 20, 2020
I had the Shift X and it was an awesome case with the one fatal flaw of the front panel. It was so constricting of airflow. I got a quote for like $150 to have it machined with hexagon holes and although that would have made great improvements, I decided to just get rid of it. The cost of the case and machining it was just too much. That'd put it in the SV590 range then.

If you can machine it yourself, I would go for it.
Does that take a 360mm cooler? All I need is a case like this that can either support a ATX PSU, or 360mm AIO.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Not "SFF", but you can check out the thermal take G3. SFX only, and can fit 360s if you remove the front drive cage. A little large (23L?) but very cheap.