Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

giro21

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 27, 2020
SFX_L won't fit I think. The steel frame is made so that an SFX like corsair 600 fits perfectly. You can get a D5 inside easily, question is rather which reservoir you want. EK-XRES D5 REVO PWM 100 for example does not fit because the brackets, which hold the reservoir are too wide in width.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Is the SV590 discontinued?
Either that or just temporarily unavailable. It's likely that at the moment orders can't be fulfilled or something so it's still visible on the site but not able to be ordered.

I reckon it will be back once things calm down a little - at least I hope haha

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
I saw this on reddit a few weeks ago. I think they are real busy with the OEM side of their business. Like all of us they are dealing with Covid-19 issues and likely supplier issues.

Will the sv590 be for sale again soon?

Been waiting on this case for a while now - all the other parts for my new computer have arrived and can't wait to start the build. I saw some updates a while ago saying it would be available by now so just checking in.

SligerChris

7 points·1 month ago

Unfortunately we don't have a solid date for when they're coming back. We originally were hoping to have them back online a couple weeks ago but we've been running into unrelated snags that have myself and everyone else that would be working on the 590s stretched thin. At this point all I can really promise is that they'll be back Soon™.

Reactions: madmax

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
We are almost caught up!

SV590 and SV540 will be back/launching in 2~3 weeks.

The SV540 is going to be a short version of the SV590 for 3-slot GPU and 280mm/240mm AIO.

Here's pictures of the prototype:

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
We are almost caught up!

SV590 and SV540 will be back/launching in 2~3 weeks.

The SV540 is going to be a short version of the SV590 for 3-slot GPU and 280mm/240mm AIO.

Here's pictures of the prototype:

Love to see the vertical slot design make it down to the 540!

Reactions: Kundahli

Leo

Chassis Packer
Dec 1, 2017
@KSliger Is there anything stopping you from having a power button cut out on the "bottom"? So you could move the power button between the top and bottom?

Would be nice if you could flip the SV's so that you have the options of cables coming out from the bottom

Reactions: robojim

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@KSliger Is there anything stopping you from having a power button cut out on the "bottom"? So you could move the power button between the top and bottom?

Would be nice if you could flip the SV's so that you have the options of cables coming out from the bottom
He replied on reddit in a thread about the SV540 that the SV540 will be reversible and have a swappable power button (so cables come out the bottom), but with the SV590 they felt flipping it would make it so top heavy that it would tip over. I don't really see how that's the case since the motherboard and GPU are mostly at the top right now, and the only thing on the bottom really is the PSU, but that's what he said.

@KSliger why not make it so the PSU is mountable mid-ship in the SV590 (like OptimumTech suggested) which gives you more space in the bottom of the case for pumps/hard drives, and also makes it less "top heavy" when you flip it over? I think most people would prefer cables exiting the bottom.

Reactions: Leo and DrHudacris

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
I love the red here. I can't help put be worried about the cooling on this though. It looks alot like the H1. Would the back as exhaust/negative pressure be the best for temps?

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I love the red here. I can't help put be worried about the cooling on this though. It looks alot like the H1. Would the back as exhaust/negative pressure be the best for temps?
The intended airflow pattern of the SV590 (and the forthcoming SV540 in its current iteration, anyway) would be to have a radiator in the rear as exhaust, which creates negative pressure in the case. This feeds cold air in through the side intakes slots, which improves GPU airflow and creates airflow over the motherboard for things like VRM and M.2 cooling. It does theoretically put more hot air into the rad, but overall it would be a superior setup than the alternative.

Reactions: Kundahli

saturncries

Case Bender
New User
Jul 29, 2020

I can only go off of my 590, but my 3700x barely ever hits 60 under load. I can't imagine a 280mm AIO being drastically worse than a 360mm AIO, so I doubt the SV540 will have the same issues the H1 seems to have.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
What's the overall volume of the SV540 prototype?

Looks great, would love to see it in the rust panina colour!