Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Well, you're more educated than me :)
but that's a thing: if you have 1/4 turned 45 degree and 90 degree adapter turned into same direction - you'll compensate 1/3 of adapter heigh and whole width of fitting which in other case will be addictive to whole construction heigh, adding 45 degree adapter turned into opposite direction will make outlet parallel with motherboard, but definitely will introduce spacing issues, still, you definitely can fit apogee in sv590 if you don't scared of stacked adapter monstrosity

You might be right, I will take a close look at my ghost today, and really see how much spacing there is between side panel and fitting.

Reactions: Sugaroverdose

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Well, it's still listed as available http://www.swiftech.com/ApogeeDrive2.aspx, for exception of 1155/1366 version with pump, which is out of stock(but it can still be bough w/o pump or for other socket+1155/1366 mount kit)
Thanks!
So I'm waiting for the feedback from @DrHudacris ?

Here is a picture I took:

As you can see, at 45 degree with 90 degree low profile fitting, I have just a couple of mm of side panel clearance. If I used a 45 degree elbow and a compression instead, things might be different.. but not dramatic. I don't think this will fit :(

UdoG

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Is there any way to fit a D5 pump with top and a separate reservoir?

The XSPC Tank Reservoir - Laing D5 / MCP655 w/ Blue LED Light - Acrylic will fit, but only with a GPU which is no linger than around 27cm (e.g. RTX 2080 TI with standard layout).

Actually I have installed a Gigabyte RTX 2080 TI Waterforce WB , with a length of 29,5cm... I will post some pictures later.

Even if you have now a GPU with the right length, you don't know how long becomes e.g. a RTX 3080 TI.

Last edited:

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
Is there any way to fit a D5 pump with top and a separate reservoir?

The XSPC Tank Reservoir - Laing D5 / MCP655 w/ Blue LED Light - Acrylic will fit, but only with a GPU which is no linger than around 27cm (e.g. RTX 2080 TI with standard layout).

Actually I have installed a Gigabyte RTX 2080 TI Waterforce WB , with a length of 29,5cm... I will post some pictures later.

Even if you have now a GPU with the right length, you don't know how long becomes e.g. a RTX 3080 TI.
Why do you want to have a reservoir in your loop anyway?

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
With no reservoir - how do I know if enough water is in the loop - e.g. after 3-5 month?
Ah, your gpu block isn't transparent at all. You may place D5 like in my case and add "flat" reservoir in GPU zone, but they mostly designed to be vertical mount, so you'll need to improvise with drill

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Hey @raulnorry , I decided to grab a rust to try out. Will this fit?
I have it left over from my previous atx 2700x build. Figure I may as well put it to use if it'll fit here.

UdoG

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
OK, the AquaComputer D5 Next with a ULTITOP D5 fits. Now I'm waiting for my res.
If you install a standard D5 pump with the ULTITOP D5 you will get some space more (around 1-1.5cm). Advantage of the D5 Next - you can connect your fans directly, have the water temperature and a virtual flow meter. Furthermore you can use the AquaComputer software to monitor and manage the pump speed, fans etc.

Last edited:

Insomnium

Chassis Packer
Oct 7, 2019
Hi @KSliger dropped you an email regarding the suitable PSU custom cables measurement, can you help me check? I'm thinking of ordering custom cable from somewhere else as it doesnt seem PSlate will be able to provide them anytime soon

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
OK, the AquaComputer D5 Next with a ULTITOP D5 fits. Now I'm waiting for my res.
If you install a standard D5 pump with the ULTITOP D5 you will get some space more (around 1-1.5cm). Advantage of the D5 Next - you can connect your fans directly, have the water temperature and a virtual flow meter. Furthermore you can use the AquaComputer software to monitor and manage the pump speed, fans etc.

Wow, it's so compact in comparison to ekwb d5, did you need to drill to place it?

UdoG

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
No, it's not necessary to drill some holes. The four mounting holes from the ULTITOP D5 fits - and the D5 Next is mounted directly to the ULTITOP.
I will post some additional pics as soon as my reservior was delivered.

Reactions: Sugaroverdose

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I want to get a SV540 not NZXT H1, please hurry up?

Other than the 590 the SV line is getting completely changed.

Will update everyone soon to get feedback on the changes.

Hi @KSliger dropped you an email regarding the suitable PSU custom cables measurement, can you help me check? I'm thinking of ordering custom cable from somewhere else as it doesnt seem PSlate will be able to provide them anytime soon

Got the email, but will probably have to wait for PSlate to get his unit to measure first.

I unfortunately am so buried I don't have time to figure out measurements for all the various boards and things right now. Sorry I'm not much help there.

Any plans to make the panels similar to the nzxt h1?

For the SV590 no plan to change anything about it right now, seems almost perfect as is.

Smaller SV cases might get round holes, but most likely will just have more venting than the SV590 in a pattern similar to the Console and Conswole.

Reactions: Sashby

Fankle

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 6, 2020
Are there any plans of sending a SV590 review sample to Optimum Tech? Would love to see his analysis of the case and not buy it on the pictures alone since it's quite expensive in EU at 295 €. Also the IMHO the defining feature of the SV590 is the unique venting on the side panels, it looks really good and it would be a shame if you would replace it with round holes on the SV540.