Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
No issues closing the case, had to shorten the tubing run from res to cpu from what is shown in the pictures but all panels line up flush with no bulges. The top panel does not close all the way as the 420mm rad is too tall to allow the power cable to fit through the passthrough. I have not tried the ek pump yet, the Bitspower D5 RGB top will allow the Bitspower Multi-Z 40mm Reservoir to thread directly on and is the smallest D5 pump/res combo out there and should fit no problem, I just haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Tubing goes from Pump >GPU>Rad>CPU>Res. I couldn't tell you what water outlet order is preferable.
I've decided to get 420 rad for SV590(thanks for trying it out, btw), but decided to go a little different mounting way:
1. Turned radiator top to bottom(so fittings are on top)
2. I've used EK Vardars behind radiator and drilled 120 mounting holes in their frames, so it's easy to mount and does not requires sticky tape

As a result - plenty of space to route cables in(even power cable get's in without any issues)
Here's how it looks like:
Mounted rad+fans:

Top cover removed:

Reactions: UdoG

UdoG

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Hi @Sugaroverdose
Thanks for sharing your build. Could you please post some photos from inside - to see the tubing and where the pump/res is placed? Is the GPU and CPU in your loop? Could you please post your config too?

Maybe the Noctua NA-SFMA1 will fit too - together with the Noctua NF-A12x25. It's not necessary to drill some holes in the frame.

"The NA-SFMA1 is a set of two NA-FMA1 fan mounting adaptors that permit the installation of the NF-A12x25 and several other Noctua 120mm fans on 140mm watercooling radiators."

Last edited:

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
Hey @UdoG

Hardware:
CPU: Ryzen 3900X (where i didn't win lottery, it's extremely hard to get post 1800FCLK)
GPU: MSI 2080 ti Ventus OC (cheapest variant of 2080ti with reference PCB at moment when i decided to buy it)
MB: Asus Strix X470-I (not happy with it, hate asus a lot)
RAM: G.Skill F4-3200C14-16GTZR 3600@16-16-16-32-48
Storage: m.2 intel p760 1tb

Colling:
Fans: 3x EK Vardar BB 140
Rad: 1x Bykski B-RD420-TN
CPU Block: 1x EK-Velocity D-RGB - AMD Nickel + Acetal
GPU Block: 1x Barrow BS-NVG2080T-PA with rotational bridge BSQT360-01
Pump: 1x EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM (it can be placed properly only in single place and requires drilling)
6x of 90 degree bridges
8x of 16x10 fittings
1x EK QDC(it cannot fit into hole where tubes comes, so there's no reason to have two of them)
1x EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 15,9/9,5mm 3m
0x Res, used only in filling process

Mods:
4x Holes on the bottom of case to mount D5 pump
4x Rubber legs made from 5mm pieces of EK-Tube attached to lower plate of a case with superglue

Best option from my PoV without drilling would be is to find Noctua NF-P14 FLX and insulate them with something like sticky tape, since they don't have frame - you'll need to force them to pull air from rad, but it's disappeared from stock in Soviet Russia, so i've got vardars for something like $12 so i didn't mind to drill them.
I wouldn't go for 120mm fans on 140mm rad - it's just less efficient and more noisy.

It's troublesome for me to get proper images of insides atm(i'll make them a little later), but i have couple from test run:

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
It might looks tight, but it's not - tubes aren't tight anywhere and moves freely(thanks to 90 degree rotational bridges)

Loop connection:
Radiator->CPU->Pump->GPU->Radiator

Under CPU+GPU furmark i've hit
80 degree on CPU(can be lowered by applying liquid metal)
71 degree on GPU(overclocked core-1950 ram-8000)
61 degree CPU VRM
53 degree RAM

It's pretty silent for exception of a pump which is noisy at 100%, thanks to crappy asus software i can't limit it and when cpu hits 75 degree it starts to spin at max, other time it's at 50% which, according to observing GPU block is more than enough, may use some third party software later :)

Bigtruckboom

Chassis Packer
Apr 2, 2019
Yep, those one, lost in translation :)
Beautiful work!
I think i'll flip my rad sometime soon, I was hesitant to drill holes in the case but it looks like you didn't have to cut much. I didn't measure the bylski brand rads but it looks like they fit. I am using the same fans you're using, not super impressed with them.

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
Beautiful work!
I think i'll flip my rad sometime soon, I was hesitant to drill holes in the case but it looks like you didn't have to cut much. I didn't measure the bylski brand rads but it looks like they fit. I am using the same fans you're using, not super impressed with them.
The only drilling i've did to a case is 4x mounting holes for D5 pump, if you don't need them for mounting of yours - than you don't need to drill case at all, only not that expensive vardars(they aren't exceptional, but for their price it's a pretty good performance/noise)

This build can be a lot easier and cleaner if going to CPU Block+Pump combo like Swiftech Apogee Drive 2(which is awesome piece of hardware - it's can be bought without pump and it's ddc compatible) but not alphacool eisbaer lt solo(i have one and do believe that it's not powerful enough to use it as single pump in full loop)

UdoG

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
I thought that the Swiftech Apogee Drive 2 with DDC is very noisy? Maybe the Swiftech will not fit, because height = 61,5mm

I'm waiting for the XSPC Tank Reservoir - Laing D5 (not V3 - the old version). Usually it should fit on the bottom of the case - and you can use a D5.

Dimensions: 121.5 x 72 x 90mm (90mm = height)

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I thought that the Swiftech Apogee Drive 2 with DDC is very noisy? Maybe the Swiftech will not fit, because height = 61,5mm

I'm waiting for the XSPC Tank Reservoir - Laing D5 (not V3 - the old version). Usually it should fit on the bottom of the case - and you can use a D5.

The Apogee pump is only loud if running at 100%, it is PWM adjustable though. I have one in my Ghost and have it set from 25-50% and can't hear it.

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020

Well, it's pump what makes noises, but considering that you will not have extremely complex loop it can run at something like 25-50% without limiting cooling performance.

Laing D5 most definitely won't fit in place where i placed my D5 - it will conflict with PSU cabling, but since it has lower width you may mount it in multiple places under gpu

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
About swiftech heigh, idk but it does not seems that sv590 is limited to exactly 55mm, also you can just remove or use different pump heatsink and save plenty of space, most definitely i'll order it later w/o pump(i have barrow DDC laying around)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
About swiftech heigh, idk but it does not seems that sv590 is limited to exactly 55mm, also you can just remove or use different pump heatsink and save plenty of space, most definitely i'll order it later w/o pump(i have barrow DDC laying around)

I forgot about the 55mm cooler limit in the SV590. The height problem with the Apogee isn't the pump and heatsink so much as the height of the fittings. I am using Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters in my Ghost and the top of the adapter is 64mm which is fine for the Ghost but too high for the SV590.

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020

I forgot about the 55mm cooler limit in the SV590. The height problem with the Apogee isn't the pump and heatsink so much as the height of the fittings. I am using Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters in my Ghost and the top of the adapter is 64mm which is fine for the Ghost but too high for the SV590.
If i remember it right, both G1/4" can be turned to something like 45 degrees, which will be enough with proper adapters to not hit heigh limit

UdoG

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020

So the Apogee is still to high with Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters - it doesn't matter if you turn the G1/4?

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
So the Apogee is still to high with Koolance low profile 90 degree adapters - it doesn't matter if you turn the G1/4?
Trigonometry says that it's matter, 45 degree turn makes things have twice less vertical heigh, add 90 degree adapter on top (so fitting won't stand out more than adapter angle) and it should be somewhere near 50mm heigh, i can't check it(since i don't have apogee) but it might work

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Trigonometry says that it's matter, 45 degree turn makes things have twice less vertical heigh, add 90 degree adapter on top (so fitting won't stand out more than adapter angle) and it should be somewhere near 50mm heigh, i can't check it(since i don't have apogee) but it might work

Couple of incorrect assumptions here.

1) Pythagorean theorem: 45 degree turn would change height by about 1/3 (eg from 64 to 42)
2) only the inlet/outlet with 90 degree fitting attached is being turned, thus the height reduction is less than that

Reactions: Sugaroverdose

Sugaroverdose

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2020
Couple of incorrect assumptions here.

1) Pythagorean theorem: 45 degree turn would change height by about 1/3 (eg from 64 to 42)
2) only the inlet/outlet with 90 degree fitting attached is being turned, thus the height reduction is less than that
Well, you're more educated than me :)
but that's a thing: if you have 1/4 turned 45 degree and 90 degree adapter turned into same direction - you'll compensate 1/3 of adapter heigh and whole width of fitting which in other case will be addictive to whole construction heigh, adding 45 degree adapter turned into opposite direction will make outlet parallel with motherboard, but definitely will introduce spacing issues, still, you definitely can fit apogee in sv590 if you don't scared of stacked adapter monstrosity