Production Sliger SV590 and SV540 - Vertical SFF Cases!

Bigtruckboom

Chassis Packer
Apr 2, 2019
@Bigtruckboom do you mind taking the picture showing how much space is left for cables with 420 radiator? If it is enough, it would make this case crazy efficent in terms of space/cooling capacity

I’m getting an error everytime I try to embed images so just follow the links for now

There’s about 20mm of space for cables to pass through. The Corsair 420mm is the only 420mm rad that will fit, all the other brands are either too wide or longer than 450mm.
On Monday I’ll try to cram a an ek D5 with 100mm reservoir in the bottom (overall length 149mm) and if that won’t fit I’ll just do a stand alone ddc with no reservoir. I’m ready to get this built and I’m tired of waiting on parts lol.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I’m getting an error everytime I try to embed images so just follow the links for now

There’s about 20mm of space for cables to pass through. The Corsair 420mm is the only 420mm rad that will fit, all the other brands are either too wide or longer than 450mm.
On Monday I’ll try to cram a an ek D5 with 100mm reservoir in the bottom (overall length 149mm) and if that won’t fit I’ll just do a stand alone ddc with no reservoir. I’m ready to get this built and I’m tired of waiting on parts lol.
Oh. My. God. Amazing.

Reactions: DrHudacris

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

What on earth that is amazing. Looks like I'll be updating the specs!

@KSliger For the SV590, is it possible to mount the PSU in the exact same way as the SM cases, orientation and distance from the motherboard? I have custom cables that are designed for those cases and would like to reuse them for the SV590. Should also open up space at the bottom.

No this had to be a different layout as the SM series are bottom to top airflow (which in this vertical layout would be rear to front) this layout is designed for in sides, out rear. Fan in the PSU has to therefore exhaust into the radiator which takes the air out of the case. If the PSU was in the same spot as the SM series it would just blow hot air against the front panel, not great. I need to get one of these case to @pslate here in the next few weeks.

Right now trying to get feedback from early adopters, then will make tweaks and send out review units / custom cable sample units.

3.) There is this piece that came with the case which I wasn't sure what was for. Maybe post a picture later and someone can answer it?

4.) Mounting ITX board onto the case, there are 2 bottom screw areas where you will need a skinny and a long phillips-head screwdriver to go through the holes.

5.) GPU mounting took me the longest labor/build (~45mins) because either the case area or GPU bracket or both somehow did not align at all other than the very first screw portion. I had to use the plyer to bend on both the case (really hard to bend which shows the case is very well made and sturdy as hell!) and GPU bracket to somehow match and magically able to screw 2 screws but cannot get the last screw. Will show a picture for the better understanding.

6.) When the build is done and closing the case, CPU side panel has a little bulge in the middle maybe due to PSU cables but not sure. Will double-check later. Perhaps, having able to screw in the middle of closing panel will help reduce for future revision. Will show a picture for the better understanding.

3. This is the power cable mounting bracket to the top side of the case frame. There should be 8x countersunk holes, this bracket matches up to those so you can adjust it around to not block your motherboard IO ports. Be sure to run the PSU cable through the grommet.

4. Hopefully people have the right size driver for this. Haven't heard complaints. We have been considering providing a screw driver set with every case (SM, SV, and Cerb)

5. Really would appreciate pictures of this. We had one other person say they had issues with this, want to keep on top of it. Do not see any issues with cases in production or in inventory.

6. Pictures please!

The rust patina looks so damn amazing! Hope to see other cases with it.

The rust is pretty incosistent, so if anyone is not happy with theirs please let us know and we can work out an exchange to either a different rust panel set, or move you over to black/silver.

welsper

What's an ITX?
Jan 26, 2020
How big is the fenestrated area on the floor of the case? Trying to figure out if it's possible to mount a D5 with an EK or Alphacool top down there.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
My SV590 showed up Monday afternoon. It is more attractive in reality than the photos and really a quality build, extremely solid. Easy to build in even without the manual being available yet, just follow the photos on the website. I spent about 3 hours putting it together. It could have been quicker but it was my first water cooled project, so took my time. I also wasted a lot of time looking for a fan splitter that I knew I had but couldn't put my hands on. If you are using a blower GPU the top compartment on the case gets a bit hot after a few hours of gaming, easily remedied by taking the top cover off. All is running at relatively cool temps which will improve once I order in the fan splitter. A huge thank you to the Sligers for a great product!

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
No this had to be a different layout as the SM series are bottom to top airflow (which in this vertical layout would be rear to front) this layout is designed for in sides, out rear. Fan in the PSU has to therefore exhaust into the radiator which takes the air out of the case. If the PSU was in the same spot as the SM series it would just blow hot air against the front panel, not great. I need to get one of these case to @pslate here in the next few weeks.

Right now trying to get feedback from early adopters, then will make tweaks and send out review units / custom cable sample units.

That sounds good to me! ;) I also have some builds in the SM570 and Cerberus I need to share.

Bigtruckboom

Chassis Packer
Apr 2, 2019
Build complete. For the time being. Need to go back and fix a few things that are annoying me.

Parts:

Ryzen 3950x
Evga 2080ti
Gigabyte I WiFi x5
32GB GSkill cl14 3200mhz
1TB Samsung 970 Pro
1TB Sabrent Rocket
1TB Mushkin Reactor SSD
Corsair SF750

Ek Velocity Nickel AM4 block
Watercool Heatkiller IV block
Ek Quantum fittings
Ek DDC 3.25
Alphacool pump top/Eisstation res
Ek ZMT tubing
Corsair 420mm radiator

Sorry I suck at taking pictures.
So there’s not a lot of space to work with. Cable management is difficult and I can’t wait to get some custom cables. The two eight pin cables in particular take up a ton of space.

Some annoyances/dumb things I did:

The Alphacool stuff is crappy, I will replace it with an ek pump top and short tube at some point.

Ordered some fittings from Titan rig on amazon and they sent me some dirty fittings with pastel deposits in them. Thanks Titan rig.

The Corsair rad is 450mm tall and does not leave enough space to get the power cable out the back. I will probably have to cut away some of the lip on the top frame in order to fit the cable through.

Once I get shorter cables I will be able to hook up the 1TB SSD, right now it’s just mounted in there so I can hide cables behind it lol.

Fans are connected to an Aquacomputer Quadro and are run off Water temp. I’ve only played about three hours of Destiny 2 and re-downloaded my entire stream library since I’ve finished the build, but temps are:

Water temp: 30-33C under load
CPU: average of 55, spike of 70 while downloading steam/epic games launcher at the same time. (PBO on)
GPU: average of 40 while gaming(stock settings)

got some further tweaking to do. Fans set between 800-1200 rpm depending on water temp, pump set at constant 60% off cpu fan header.

CrypticSplicer

Minimal Tinkerer
May 21, 2019
I just got my case and I'm very excited. I see a couple people have managed to fit in 420mm radiators. Has anyone tried fitting thicker radiators in? It appears to me that a 40mm radiator + Noctua fans would barely fit. A 40mm thick 360mm radiator is almost as much cooling as a 30mm thick 420mm radiator, but I feel like it will be easier to fit in.

Bigtruckboom

Chassis Packer
Apr 2, 2019
I just got my case and I'm very excited. I see a couple people have managed to fit in 420mm radiators. Has anyone tried fitting thicker radiators in? It appears to me that a 40mm radiator + Noctua fans would barely fit. A 40mm thick 360mm radiator is almost as much cooling as a 30mm thick 420mm radiator, but I feel like it will be easier to fit in.

you’ve gotta consider fittings as well. With a 30mm rad + 25mm fans + 10mm of fittings protruding you’re left with very little space, a couple mm at best. I can measure later for you if you’d like.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
The only rads in that thickness are something like the EX rads from XSPC. They are ~36-38mm thick. But the GTS radiators from HWLabs outperform them. But the dimensions of both might be too large (too tall and too wide) for this case. The Corsair is an OEM HWLabs product with "compatibility" dimensions as its focus, so that's probably the only reason it fits (and still has issues with the power cord as mentioned).

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Phone is acting up so almost impossible to search through the thread. I saw the 590 on the Sliger page but no 540. Will the 540 be available soon?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Everything here looks good!

Phone is acting up so almost impossible to search through the thread. I saw the 590 on the Sliger page but no 540. Will the 540 be available soon?

any updates on the SV540?

Still working on the spine that can be moved. Unfortunately it's rather complicated, and makes the case a little bigger than I want. I might just make the SV540 a vertical M1 layout.

If I do that the previous SV540 posted earlier in this thread will probably get renamed to SV520.

Unfortunately so many supply chain / order bottle necks right to manage right now that I haven't really had much time to work on it.

nzilliox

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2019
@KSliger For the SV590, is it possible to mount the PSU in the exact same way as the SM cases, orientation and distance from the motherboard? I have custom cables that are designed for those cases and would like to reuse them for the SV590. Should also open up space at the bottom.

I"m looking at the SM580 myself, do you mind sharing the cable lengths you have? Thanks

UdoG

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
What is the temperature of a graphics card with air cooling? It seems that the airflow is better with the SM580 - due to the vented side panels. Does the SV590 has also a good air supply for the graphics card?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Sorry on delays on the current shipments of gun metal SV590s everyone, the panels have been victim of a few mistakes this last week. Small learning curve for our fabrication team. Will have it resolved this week.

What is the temperature of a graphics card with air cooling? It seems that the airflow is better with the SM580 - due to the vented side panels. Does the SV590 has also a good air supply for the graphics card?

SM580 and SV590 both have similar GPU temperatures in my testing. I have heard some issues with blower cards getting hot in the SV590, but none of the users that report these issues have sent me information on their fan setups so I can't say anything certain yet.

Case is designed to pull air in through side vents, and exhaust out the back of the case, so long as you use it that way your temperatures will be good.

Best option is send a PC Part Picker list to our support@sliger.com. They can check everything for you and make recommendations. =]

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

UdoG

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
ek pump top and short tube at some point.

Are you able to close the case without any problems (because of fittings)?
Did you tried an EK pump top and short tube in the meantime?
Could you please tell me your tubing between your components - e.g. radiator > GPU > CPU > pump... I would like to know if it's better to install a cpu block with in/out one above the other (e.g. Aqua Computer Kryos) or side by side (EKWB)

Thanks!

Last edited: