Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I cant even keep my 3700x cool in my 560 with the Cryorig or L9a. I went with a bigger cooler and just keep that side of the case off as it does not face me anyways so you cant see it lol.
It's not a problem of the 560, just the lack of larger cooling capacity.
My Strix 2080 Ti stays ridiculously cool and quiet.
I have debated moving to the vertical case but i'm not gonna wait a few months to get one.
It's just my opinion but I think its pointless to try that cpu in here. My system is as quiet as one gets. You try to cool that thing and it's gonna be heard in the neighbors house haha.

Reactions: Kazker

Kazker

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
I cant even keep my 3700x cool in my 560 with the Cryorig or L9a. I went with a bigger cooler and just keep that side of the case off as it does not face me anyways so you cant see it lol.
It's not a problem of the 560, just the lack of larger cooling capacity.
My Strix 2080 Ti stays ridiculously cool and quiet.
I have debated moving to the vertical case but i'm not gonna wait a few months to get one.
It's just my opinion but I think its pointless to try that cpu in here. My system is as quiet as one gets. You try to cool that thing and it's gonna be heard in the neighbors house haha.
Why don't you try asetek 92mm? I think you still have some interesting options to try. Maybe the 3950x is too much for the sm560 but I think the 3700x should handle it well...

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
It ramps up the fan pretty good from what I have heard about it. All I care about is silence haha. It's also too much a pita for me to fit in there. Don't feel like ripping the machine apart atm.
@KSliger do you have any cases in stock ready to ship, or are there big time problems on all them due to the pcie riser availability? I was thinking of grabbing a brown sv590. I already have a extra riser from my sm550 so I could even have it shipped w/o one if the wait times are too bad.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
It ramps up the fan pretty good from what I have heard about it. All I care about is silence haha. It's also too much a pita for me to fit in there. Don't feel like ripping the machine apart atm.
@KSliger do you have any cases in stock ready to ship, or are there big time problems on all them due to the pcie riser availability? I was thinking of grabbing a brown sv590. I already have a extra riser from my sm550 so I could even have it shipped w/o one if the wait times are too bad.

As far as the Asetek 92mm goes, the pump is quite a bit more obtrusive than sticking an A9x15 on the rad.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
As far as the Asetek 92mm goes, the pump is quite a bit more obtrusive than sticking an A9x15 on the rad.
Yea I have seen a few pictures and actually own one. Don't wanna to through the hassle of installing really. I don't find it much of a better solution than I am currently doing.

wooki

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 4, 2020
I think the mounting holes are a little different than other SFX PSUs.

Not in a 580, I built a rig for a friend with a LF2 280mm in a Meshify C and it performed fantastically, particularly for the price. In an SM580/570 though, it suffers from the same problem as the EVGA CLC280, namely that the tubes come out perpendicular to the top of the pump block. I was able to fit the CLC280 but the tubes definitely rest against the side panel, which I anticipated, so I opted for a solid panel on the CPU side.

When installing CLC280 on SM580
Is it a problem that the hose comes up from the cpu block?
I have a clc280.
Do I have to bend it a lot? Would it be a problem to install it on the side?

Has anyone ever installed CLC280 in SM580?
The description states that CLC280 is difficult to install.
Can anyone explain to me why it is difficult?
It would be better if I could show me the picture

Last edited by a moderator:

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
When installing CLC280 on SM580
Is it a problem that the hose comes up from the cpu block?
I have a clc280.
Do I have to bend it a lot? Would it be a problem to install it on the side?

Has anyone ever installed CLC280 in SM580?
The description states that CLC280 is difficult to install.
Can anyone explain to me why it is difficult?
It would be better if I could show me the picture

1.) Yes, the issues are associated with the hoses coming up from the CPU block.
2.) Yes, you will have to bend the tubes quite a bit to get the side panel on. I managed to cram the majority of the slack up over the PSU and pin them behind the 90degee power extension connector.
3.) Yes, I have a CLC280 in my SM580, and I would recommend getting a blank CPU side panel if you decide to go the same route, as the lines will be sitting on the side panel and will transmit a bit of vibration. The vented panel is rigid enough not to buckle, but you will get noise attenuation if you go with the unvented panel which more than makes up for the 1-2 C temp rise.

j6runner

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
Is anyone having issues getting a response lately from Sliger customer support? I've sent numerous emails with no response in over a month.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Is anyone having issues getting a response lately from Sliger customer support? I've sent numerous emails with no response in over a month.

Sorry for lack of responses lately, been working 80+ hours a week and not getting caught up.

There seems to be a lot of panic buying going on right now and we are buried.The emails are just out of control. Please call tomorrow if you get time, we're good about phone calls.

Only thing we have delays on right now are the power buttons. Stock should be here next week. The front panel IO boards will probably be here the week after that. If there are any delays on your case most likely it's related to these two items.

Will try and keep people updated as best we can.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
One more thing to note is we will be adding a trifurcation riser in the coming weeks to the SM560/SM580/SV590 for the occasional person who needs 3x PCIe slots.

How does trifurcation work? 16 isn't exactly dividable by 3; 16x -> three 4x's maybe? Or is it a special riser that takes in both a PCI-E slot and an m.2 as inputs?

j6runner

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
Sorry for lack of responses lately, been working 80+ hours a week and not getting caught up.

There seems to be a lot of panic buying going on right now and we are buried.The emails are just out of control. Please call tomorrow if you get time, we're good about phone calls.

Only thing we have delays on right now are the power buttons. Stock should be here next week. The front panel IO boards will probably be here the week after that. If there are any delays on your case most likely it's related to these two items.

Will try and keep people updated as best we can.

Appeciate the response here. My issue isn't a critical one, but I would like to get it addressed at one point or another (it has to do with my motherboard IO shield not aligning properly in the SM580). I understand you guys are super busy and swamped, which is why I've tried to be very patient. I may call at one point or another but a simple "we've received your email and are aware of your issue" response would have been nice just so I know the issue is known and I'm not feeling like I've been left in the dark. :)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
How does trifurcation work? 16 isn't exactly dividable by 3; 16x -> three 4x's maybe? Or is it a special riser that takes in both a PCI-E slot and an m.2 as inputs?
My guess is its one x8 and two x4. I wonder what motherboards support that though
The Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro shows this in the BIOS settings manual, "Allows you to determine how the bandwidth of the PCIEX16 slot is divided. Options: Auto, PCIE 2x8, PCIE 1x8/2x4, PCIE 4x4"

HarvinDhillon

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 19, 2019
Thinking of getting the SM580 and replacing my NCase that i have at the moment just to try and reduce the fan noice of my GPU. Trying to get a quieter build :)

I guess if I start the order now, it will be like the rest and stuck for 5 weeks? :(

Joejoe317

Chassis Packer
Dec 17, 2019
I ordered mine on 2/25 and it hasn’t shipped yet. When I called originally jack said prob that Thursday or the week after. It didn’t ship, so I called back yesterday and he said probably this Thursday.
I don’t think it will at all ship this Thursday.
I also emailed about a model of the sm580 a few weeks before purchase and had a response 5 days later saying they would send it. I called multiple times with the same response, but nothing.

they just have to be slammed right now if they don’t have time to even send an attachment, so the 5 week estimate is probably accurate.

Now the sad part is that for me I have to wait to get the case so I can measure the power supply cables, check fitment for a pump etc. I was hoping to have this done by using the model.

I am now using as many top/side/bottom view pics I can find, along with some of the dimensional photos from the reddit feedback post to build out a sketchup model. I asked jack on the phone if it would be okay to share and he said yes. He gave me a few needed dimensions, but realize now I need a few more.