Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

UdoG

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
@j6runner
Thanks for your feedback.
Custom WC loop sounds interesting - could you please give us some details? Which pump/res did you installed? Maybe you have a pic of your WC loop?

j6runner

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
@j6runner
Thanks for your feedback.
Custom WC loop sounds interesting - could you please give us some details? Which pump/res did you installed? Maybe you have a pic of your WC loop?

Here's a couple of pics. It's a work in progress.
EK Momentum ROG Strix Z390I Monoblock
EK Vector RTX 2080 Ti GPU Block
Phanteks Glacier R160 Res w/ Alphacool Laing DDC pump
Corsair XR5 280 Rad (Top)
XSPC TX240 Crossflow Rad (Bottom)
Bitspower fittings
EK ZMT tubing

Still waiting on Pslate orders to open up and that's pretty much all I am waiting on at the moment.

Not OP but, here's mine:

SM580 Dual rad
Phanteks r160c with an alphacool DDC.
@DrHudacris which feet did you replace the stock ones with and how did you secure them? I bought some 20mm aluminum feet and used a drill tap to make the threads to they screwed right on, but honestly I don't like the look.

Last edited:

j6runner

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
Thank you very much for your feedback. Are you happy with the case? It's black, right?

I am mostly happy with the case. I have one small problem that I'm still trying to get help with but Sliger has been unresponsive. See my comment below.
And yep, the case is black!

@KSliger I know you guys are busy and a bit slammed, but I've had an issue with my SM580 and I've been trying to get a response on it. The issue is that I received what appears to be Revision B of the case and I love the quality of the case, but when installing my motherboard (Asus ROG Strix Z390-I) the IO shield on the back does not align with the cutout. The same motherboard fits perfectly in my Fractal Define R6. Other people also appear to have this issue and I found one example on Reddit of a user with Revision A of this case and the same motherboard which appears not to have this issue. It seems like either the standsoffs are too high or the center part of the case was not riveted in the proper spots causing this misalignment. I do not believe it to be a problem with the motherboard as it does fit perfectly in the Define R6. Here are some pictures to show what I am talking about.

Could anyone else with Revision B that has issues with the IO cutout also post here?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@DrHudacris which feet did you replace the stock ones with and how did you secure them? I bought some 20mm aluminum feet and used a drill tap to make the threads to they screwed right on, but honestly I don't like the look.

I bought these rubber feet 1.125 inches high

And used these threaded inserts

Easy peasy!

j6runner

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
I bought these rubber feet 1.125 inches high

And used these threaded inserts

Easy peasy!

Ah perfect! I had found similar feet but was unsure how to secure them without doing anything like permanently gluing them to the case or modifying the case drastically in some other way...which I didn't want to do.

Thanks much!

Reactions: DrHudacris

Kazker

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
Do you think it would be interesting to create a Telegram group where we can share our experiences with the sliger cases in a more direct way?

Kazker

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
I've heard from Density that Sliger is also having a lot of difficulty because of the coronavirus. My sm580 will not be available for 5 weeks! That's crazy!
Is someone waiting like me?

Kazker

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
I've bought an sm580, but I'm considering an sm560 instead. I know it's crazy, do you think it's possible to cool a ryzen 9 3950x (without undervolt) on an sm560?

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I've bought an sm580, but I'm considering an sm560 instead. I know it's crazy, do you think it's possible to cool a ryzen 9 3950x (without undervolt) on an sm560?
Not under any sustained load. Your best shot is with the Asetek 645LT, but it will quickly be overwhelmed.

Reactions: Kazker

Kazker

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
Not under any sustained load. Your best shot is with the Asetek 645LT, but it will quickly be overwhelmed.
Do you know if there is an alternative, such as corsair, here in Europe it is difficult to get Asetek. I guess nobody's crazy enough to build an sm560 with a ryzen 9 3950x...

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Do you know if there is an alternative, such as corsair, here in Europe it is difficult to get Asetek. I guess nobody's crazy enough to build an sm560 with a ryzen 9 3950x...
Asetek makes coolers for Corsair, in fact 75% of the AIOs Corsair sells are Asetek-based. They also sell a few CoolIt based ones. Asetek 645LT is available in the EU the UK on OcUK's store. It's in stock right now.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Thank you very much! I'm going to check if they send to Spain.
There's one other option which I thought about, but I haven't seen anyone do yet, and that's the Alphacool Eisbaer LT120. With a single fan, or maybe a slim fan like a Noctua A12x15, it might fit in the SM550/560. You will need to orient the LT120's radiator with the tubes on either side of the spine, and then route one of the tubes underneath the motherboard (so no second fan under the motherboard) back to the CPU block. I don't know if the included tubes are long enough or flexible enough to do this.

You could also just buy the Eisbaer LT pump block, get an XSPC TX120 radiator and build your own custom AIO for the case.

Reactions: rjeftw and Kazker

Kazker

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
There's one other option which I thought about, but I haven't seen anyone do yet, and that's the Alphacool Eisbaer LT120. With a single fan, or maybe a slim fan like a Noctua A12x15, it might fit in the SM550/560. You will need to orient the LT120's radiator with the tubes on either side of the spine, and then route one of the tubes underneath the motherboard (so no second fan under the motherboard) back to the CPU block. I don't know if the included tubes are long enough or flexible enough to do this.

You could also just buy the Eisbaer LT pump block, get an XSPC TX120 radiator and build your own custom AIO for the case.
Thank you again for your response, I find very interesting the option you mentioned with Alphacool Eisbaer LT120. Regarding build my own custom AIO I have never done it, I am not an expert, I have a lot of respect for it. But do you think that with these options you could really successfully cool a 3950x? That's my fear...

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Thank you again for your response, I find very interesting the option you mentioned with Alphacool Eisbaer LT120. Regarding build my own custom AIO I have never done it, I am not an expert, I have a lot of respect for it. But do you think that with these options you could really successfully cool a 3950x? That's my fear...
It entirely depends on what your definition of success is. There's a very recent reddit post where someone moved their 3950X into the Dan A4-SFX specifically for the 645LT, after using Eco Mode and disabling PBO. You mentioned "not undervolting" but if you are willing to put some guard rails around the boosting behavior then a 645LT can definitely cool the 3950X. Will the 3950X run as fast as in an SM580 with a 280mm CLC? No, the Ryzen 3rd gen CPUs are very temperature sensitive and will boost higher the cooler they run (see Gamers Nexus's testing of this using LN2). So for best performance, neither the 645LT or the LT120 (or any 120mm-based AIO) will get you the best performance. But will it be good performance? Yes, probably better than a 3900x as long as you're utilizing all the cores.

Set your expectations appropriately and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Kazker

Kazker

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
It entirely depends on what your definition of success is. There's a very recent reddit post where someone moved their 3950X into the Dan A4-SFX specifically for the 645LT, after using Eco Mode and disabling PBO. You mentioned "not undervolting" but if you are willing to put some guard rails around the boosting behavior then a 645LT can definitely cool the 3950X. Will the 3950X run as fast as in an SM580 with a 280mm CLC? No, the Ryzen 3rd gen CPUs are very temperature sensitive and will boost higher the cooler they run (see Gamers Nexus's testing of this using LN2). So for best performance, neither the 645LT or the LT120 (or any 120mm-based AIO) will get you the best performance. But will it be good performance? Yes, probably better than a 3900x as long as you're utilizing all the cores.

Interesting answer. I'm going to study it carefully and decide what to do. Thank you again for your answer. It was very helpful, thank you very much!

Kazker

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020

I've been researching, maybe the aio TD02-SLIM (https://silverstonetek.com/product.php?area=en&pid=597) will fit well.