Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Okay, so my SM580 came yesterday. Found out the Arctic 280mm is too thick... Interferes with the clip upper clip mechanism. And even if it did fit there the hose are insanely rigid and the block does not rotate at all with them at all. So I called it a wash, sending it back (well soon at least) and ordered an X62 since its recommended to fit anyways. Also sending the Gigabyte X570 back since the Strix came in stock. Now for more of the waiting game.

Still debating on just using my MORA3. Just trying to find a clever way how I would keep the pump + fans powered without running random wires from the 580.

Unfortunate to hear about the Arctic 280 being too thick. I'm not sure the Strix is any better than the Aorus X570i, and gigabyte definitely has a better track record of timely bios updates with AMD chips than Asus.

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
Unfortunate to hear about the Arctic 280 being too thick. I'm not sure the Strix is any better than the Aorus X570i, and gigabyte definitely has a better track record of timely bios updates with AMD chips than Asus.

Gigabyte has been pretty good to me. Always want to mess with stuff, I should probably just skip it since I already have it in hand. That both Z390 and X570 Aorus Masters have treated me well. Either way, pretty excited. Might replace the fans on the X62 with some Arctics or Noctua Chromax.

Really excited to have the case up and running either way though.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Might be worth delidding and LMing your chip. My 4790k dropped by nearly 20 C after said process.
I thought about delidding, but it's mainly worth for OC processor with beefy cooler..;)

@Josh | NFC made an interesting video about graphene and impact of temperature of delidding with "humble" cpu coolers :
Don't get me wrong, compared to my previous "humble SFF" aircoolers (Noctua nh L9x65, ID cooling IS-VC45), Asetek 645LT is way better (tested on sustained linpack cpu load, Intel Burn Test 2.54...not representative of gaming or video encoding..;))

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I thought about delidding, but it's mainly worth for OC processor with beefy cooler..;)

@Josh | NFC made an interesting video about graphene and impact of temperature of delidding with "humble" cpu coolers :
Don't get me wrong, compared to my previous "humble SFF" aircoolers (Noctua nh L9x65, ID cooling IS-VC45), Asetek 645LT is way better (tested on sustained linpack cpu load, Intel Burn Test 2.54...not representative of gaming or video encoding..;))

Yeah, I've seen his rant, and I know that that overall LM is going to be most suited to high watt loads due to the physics of conduction and inter-facial resistances, but even my idle temps dropped by ~10 C which allowed me to reduce my fan curve significantly.

As an additional point, I delidded a 7700 (non-k) for a buddy of mine's Sentery 1.0 build, and he was able to run 4.0ghz all core at 1.05 V with only a 65C max temp under prime95 small FFTs using only an L9i.

Reactions: MarcParis

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Bumping this to let everyone know we are hosting a case giveaway on Instagram, can win any SM, SV, CL, or Cerberus case.

No coupon codes for SM series for Black Friday, but we will be having a discount on the Cerberus and Cerberus X if anyone is on the fence about the price of the SM series.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah, I've seen his rant, and I know that that overall LM is going to be most suited to high watt loads due to the physics of conduction and inter-facial resistances, but even my idle temps dropped by ~10 C which allowed me to reduce my fan curve significantly.

As an additional point, I delidded a 7700 (non-k) for a buddy of mine's Sentery 1.0 build, and he was able to run 4.0ghz all core at 1.05 V with only a 65C max temp under prime95 small FFTs using only an L9i.
Right now i’m reaching 4.0ghz @ 1.03v on my 4770k (90w) but it’s too noisy (2500rpm) for my ears too toasty (90°c)
I managed to find sweet spot at 3.7ghz @ 0.95v (76w). Max rpm 2000rpm and max temperature at 80°c

Edit : stability tested on Intel Burn Test 2.54, very useful...:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Coming back on Asetek 645LT max performance :

I like this table (delidded 8700K) from OptimumTech Youtube Channel (link below), showing Asetek 645LT is best cpu cooling solution for Dan A4 & SM550/560..:D

@KSliger is there any easy way to make 2.5 slots GPU with Asetek 645LT in SM550? I tried to rotate radiator with tube looking at front panel, but I was unable to move (I didn't want to push too hard).
I saw @3lfk1ng setup with setup, but i was unable to replicate it :

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
What GPU are you trying to use?

Can you try mounting it without using the the adapter bracket? Doesn't look like ElfKing used his.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Can you try mounting it without using the the adapter bracket? Doesn't look like ElfKing used his.
I was thinking of my future upgrade, using msi gtx 1080ti gaming x, 51mm thickness. Right now i’m using msi gtx 1070 gaming X, and it barely fits, but it fits..:)

Sure, without asetek bracket, it should provide more freedom of placement, but it could block some airflow...to be checked..:)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Well, I spent several hours today to try, as best as possible to fit my MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X (2.5 slots GPU, 51mm thickness) inside SM550, while using asetek 645LT.

Conclusions are :
  • MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X is fitting SM550 witrh no issue while NOT using Asetek 645LT
  • MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X is NOT fitting SM550 while using Asetek 645LT. I tried 3 radiator orientations, with/without sliger plate...either fan or either GPU is blocked. Only solution will be passive radiator...not recommended at all (did it by mistake today, forgot to connect back fan...:) and temperatures were at around 90°C under gaming load...instead of 60°C). I even tried Node 202 riser to offset in height PCIE slot...but GPU was blocked by rear I/O
  • Proposed position and orientation of Asetek 645LT Sliger plate is the best for cooling as 100% of radiator surface has access to fresh air
Only solution to make compatible MSI GTX 1080TI Gaming X or any 2.5Slots GPU with Asetek 645LT in SM550 will be to offset pcie slot..:D

By the way : @KSliger how can we remove pcie extension please? (mainly in case of update/repair to pcie 4.0, for example?)

I also spent quite a lot of time to test my SM550 with my GTX1070 and I must admit : I'm very impressed how quiet is my setup during load (gaming, rendering). The only way my cerberus-X is quieter is on idle (due to Asetek 645LT pump noise, even at 9v...not very distractive though)
Combo SM550 and Asetek 645LT is really great!

I was even thinking to put my Cerberus-X components inside an SM550..:D

@KSliger Are you ready to take up this challenge?!

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
Updates from my SM580, Issues with the stock FTW3 cooler insanely high temps. I think I need or order some fresh thermal pads maybe. Ended up tossing the hydrocopper back on it and the EK Velocity block with my MORA3 420 with D5 Heatkiller tube. Temps are pretty close to my former setup on the P5 with the GPU hanging out 41-45C in games. Probably too much tubing with the MORA3.

I need to order some pass through fittings if I stay on water or try and figure out the FTW3 cooler and use the X62 I ordered after the Arctic didn't want to fit. Will have to wait until after I move this weekend for anymore testing or hardware changes.

Here's a question, does the Arctic Accelero 3/4 or Rajintek Morpheus fit in the 580 with 25mm fans on said coolers?

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
I am cooling Evga 2080ti black with 3xNoctua A9. At 1000RPM I get 74 degrees max with 25 ambient. At 1800RPM I get ~66 with the same ambient