Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I actually bought a couple on your recommendation!

Yeah, unless you're going all out or themed, $25 or $30 fans aren't that great in price/performance. I know what you mean *looking at my 6 boxes of NF-A12x25s, 4 boxes of Noiseblocker eloops, 4 boxes of silentwings 3, 4 boxes of NF-F14 ippc 3000, 6 boxes of Fractal Venturi 140mm... and that's only the boxes I kept, and doesn't include the CPU coolers.
True Fan collector you are..:D

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
True Fan collector you are..:D

For a while I was experimenting with different fan testing, both as case fans, and through radiators/towers; combining that with building quite a few rigs for friends and having them throw an extra fan or 2 my way as compensation, led to an entire closet that the wife wishes she could have back.

Reactions: wsgroves

Sahaj

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2017
Yea man I said a long time ago that those fans are outstanding for the money. It's just my opinion but no reason to pay the extra crazy price for the Noc fans, and I have all the fans.

To the guy who was looking at the Asus AIO's with the led screen, I would definitely pass on them. I had two different version and they were junk when I tried them. The software was soooooo bad I can't even put it into words. Maybe 1/10 times it would actually display what you wanted it to on the screen. Look on their forum. Nightmare stories all over the place about them.
@Sahaj doing pretty well buddy just been real busy with a bunch of things going on. The lockups are fixed and as funny as it sounds, I don't remember what I did to fix it haha. That is how busy I have been.
I'm sure I posted it but I cant remember. That time if year I guess.

Glad to hear! Busy is good. I know you posted about it, more than likely, but did you ultimately stay semi-passive?

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Well, I had a lot of issues with my 3700x on the itx Asus Strix x470 board. Memory was not working right and Temps were nuts. I was able to get my hands on the Gigabyte x570 itx and it worked better but temps were still high. I actually said Fooook it and threw on a NH-U9S. That has kept the temps good and quiet.
The reason I still have that config is because I have been busy, and the pc sits on my desk so that I don't see the cpu side anyways so as far as anyone knows, the side is on the case haha.
Sadly, I am one of those people that when they get into something, they go nuts. I must have 40+ mechanical keyboards/Topre boards. Don't even get me started on the Fightstick collection.
Fan's are pretty easy to buy in comparison haha.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Long building day finished...SM550 assembled!

I’ll do a full review, here are some thoughts..:)
  • Using passive noctua nh l9x65 is not really effective
  • Using asetek 645LT
    • is limiting gpu thickness to 2-slots (tubing is touching bottom of GPU)
    • is not imposing customized cables (i’m using corsair sf450) but it requires 92mm fan grid
    • Asetek 645LT should be introduced from gpu side, instead of mb side
  • I understand now why top cover is screwed as it needs to push all top cables
  • Appreciate a lot symmetrical front dual ssd bracket, but it require specific flat power cables
Globally SM550 is a very very good case, thanks @KSliger for designing & building it and @shadowfear for importing it to EU!

madmaxx890

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2019
Any chance we could get a set of 550 panels in unpainted stainless steel? Cybertruck special edition - it's already got the front-end angles for it,

• Haha

Misguided

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
I’ve been looking at the Asus Rog strix b450i gaming for use with an SM580, but neither of the front panel I/O options look like they match up with the board. Help?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
appreciate it, but I’m having a difficult time understanding why that looks nothing like the connectors shown in the manual.

page 43

Will need the first option on the page "19-Pin Connector*" as that board does not have the Type E header.

This is Type E:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Updated my SM550 with a Noctua NF-A12x15 Chromax. The Prolimatech I was using worked fine but when Noctua finally released the 15mm I had to grab it to match my NF-F12 Chromax.
LOL..:)
My choice is way more complicated as I already own original Noctua fan...so switching to chromax variant makes no sense, especially from recycling point of view (I've 6 fans in my Cerberus-X..;).

Here is a small trailer of my SM550 setup (definitely won't change my NF-A9x14 PWM (2500rpm version from nh L9x65) to NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap ) :

From my current study I'm assuming that Aseek 645LT (9v) is capable to cool Quietly 76W cpu..:D And I truly appreciate, even compare to Noctua NH L9x65..:D
In max performance I found something like 90W cpu, but it become noisy&hot cooling. It could be limited to poor original thermal paste between cpu and IHS in my 4770K.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
Okay, so my SM580 came yesterday. Found out the Arctic 280mm is too thick... Interferes with the clip upper clip mechanism. And even if it did fit there the hose are insanely rigid and the block does not rotate at all with them at all. So I called it a wash, sending it back (well soon at least) and ordered an X62 since its recommended to fit anyways. Also sending the Gigabyte X570 back since the Strix came in stock. Now for more of the waiting game.

Still debating on just using my MORA3. Just trying to find a clever way how I would keep the pump + fans powered without running random wires from the 580.