Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I am planning on buying a SM560 from Density.
I just have one little question about the side panels, can we swap them from gpu side to cpu side ?

Yes sir, panels can be moved to either side or even to an SM550.

First i said - finally ...

Then i went and see prices , so, the SM570 went from 260 USD to 337 USD . Damn ...

Shipping to EU from us would be $50~$70, and then 19% VAT + import fees on top of $260 + shipping, it comes out to a reasonable savings.

Will the C14S Noctua fit in SM580?

As count said, no, the SM580 is designed for using liquid coolers.

However if you do need a larger heatsink I would recommend the ID Cooling IS-60, it's the biggest one that will fit. It does require a vented side panel and possibly changing the fan / screws on the heatsink if it rubs on your panel.

If you are trying to put some HDDs in the top you can use the 92mm AIO in the bottom front, or if you only need 2x 3.5" HDD you can put two in the bottom and still use a 240mm or some 280mm AIOs in the top!

Megaman0025

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
Hey guys, I posted on here awhile back asking about GPU compatibility - wanted to let you know, I fit a 2.3 slot GPU with room to spare in the SM550. It’s the Gigabyte Gaming OC 2080ti. Measures 50.2 mm wide and fits like a charm. I bet you could even fit something wider. Just wanted to let you know because a Sm560 would have been waayy too wide. @KSliger

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Shipping to EU from us would be $50~$70, and then 19% VAT + import fees on top of $260 + shipping, it comes out to a reasonable savings.

I understand m8, i get it all with low volumes and development prices, but forking out 300+ euros for a case is really too much. i was expecting US prices , low 200, not a 100 more.

La_Moelle

Efficiency Noob
Oct 5, 2019
Hey guys, I posted on here awhile back asking about GPU compatibility - wanted to let you know, I fit a 2.3 slot GPU with room to spare in the SM550. It’s the Gigabyte Gaming OC 2080ti. Measures 50.2 mm wide and fits like a charm. I bet you could even fit something wider. Just wanted to let you know because a Sm560 would have been waayy too wide. @KSliger

That's cool ! Do you think if something like 1.5mm wider would fit too ? Thinking about buying a SM550 but not sure if my Asus Strix RX 56 (2.5 slot) would fit with vented side panels...

Misguided

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
V2 of the SM580 is 100% cancelled

So, does this mean no Black Friday coupon? ?
I’m planning a new build and been trying to come up with a component list so I can bargain hunt next month. Amazing how tough it is to find an itx case to fit an msi 2070 super gaming x.

btw, the website hasn’t been updated with the new 560 specs. The 560 is tempting, because I could use a trio, but I feel like it won’t have the same long term cpu flexibility after reading some of your posts here. Dropping a kraken x62 into a 580 is going to be ludicrously overkill for the Ryzen 3600 I am planning to use, but it will have amazing airflow and thermal overhead to upgrade down the road.

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Finally finished my SM580 build! 240mm nemesis GTS at the top with 2x F12 IPPC 3000 and TX240 at at the bottom with 2x Silverstone slim ARGB fans. I have not stress tested yet, but wanted to show it off nonetheless!

On you reservoir - is that a fill port at the top and a drain at the bottom?
Totally Amazing, BTW

Reactions: CountNoctua

shadowfear

Cable Smoosher
Dec 11, 2018
www.density.sk
First i said - finally ...

Then i went and see prices , so, the SM570 went from 260 USD to 337 USD . Damn ...

Hi,

not sure I follow..

SM570 starts at approx. 267,-€ INCLUDING VAT. The standard case (the default configuration available also on SLIGER.com website for 259,-USD) costs approx 281 € Inc. VAT/TAX. This is approx. 30€ to well over 100€ less compared to self import (depending on exact delivery country) when factoring in various EU VAT rates of 18-27% and an exchange rate (our VAT rate is one of the lowest in EU).

And when paying in the US via PayPal, most people do not notice PayPal's extremely bad conversion rate.

And we also offer free shipping to almost all EU (difference is only in total order value for the most distant countries).
?️ FREE shipping for orders ABOVE 300,-€ to SK, CZ, AT, HR, FR, DE, HU, IT, LU, NL, PL, SI ?️
?️FREE shipping for orders ABOVE 330,-€ to BE, BG, DK, EE, FI, IE, LT, LV, PT, RO, ES, SE, UK ?️

Especially when buying the case with many other accessories, you can save a hefty sum of money thanks to our import service.

If any questions open, feel free to contact us.

Regards
Michal from Density.sk

BTW. we now have a special promotion on all dust filters by DEMCifilter. Use code 15DEMCI to get 15% off of the filter price*. And do not forget, we offer 5% off of filter price as a standard when ordering with a full system. When combining with this code, you can save additional 15%.

Only 40 codes left - order yours fast ;)

*only 1 code per buyer can be used. Can be used in combination with already present rebate on filter price when ordered with a full system. Valid for orders placed after 08.10.2019

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
On you reservoir - is that a fill port at the top and a drain at the bottom?
Totally Amazing, BTW

Yep! I'll have some better pictures soon, but at the bottom there is a valve fitting on a 90 degree rotary that I can swing out to drain.

Biggest gripes about the Phanteks res is no additional ports at the top so bleeding was a nightmare.

Thanks!

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
I got all parts of my build finally complete! If anyone would be so kind, what's the best "order" of component installation that I should follow to make my life easier in building in an SFF case? This is my first SFF build so I don't want to make mistakes that will waste time because I need to finish this ASAP. Here is the components list:

Case: Sliger SM570
PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: F4-3200C16D-32GTZSK
CPU AIO Cooler: Corsair H100i Pro RGB
AIO Cooler Fans: 2 x Noctua AF12
Bottom Fans: Included fans of CPU AIO Cooler
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo - $109.71
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus X570 I Pro
GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 AMP

@KSliger @CountNoctua

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I got all parts of my build finally complete! If anyone would be so kind, what's the best "order" of component installation that I should follow to make my life easier in building in an SFF case? This is my first SFF build so I don't want to make mistakes that will waste time because I need to finish this ASAP. Here is the components list:

Case: Sliger SM570
PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: F4-3200C16D-32GTZSK
CPU AIO Cooler: Corsair H100i Pro RGB
AIO Cooler Fans: 2 x Noctua AF12
Bottom Fans: Included fans of CPU AIO Cooler
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo - $109.71
MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus X570 I Pro
GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 AMP

@KSliger @CountNoctua

In my experience:
0.) Install the CPU and M.2 into the MOBO
1.) PSU
2.) Radiator and fans
3.) MOBO (route cables from PSU and chassis)
4.) CPU/CPU block
5.) RAM
6.) GPU

Reactions: KSliger

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
In my experience:
0.) Install the CPU and M.2 into the MOBO
1.) PSU
2.) Radiator and fans
3.) MOBO (route cables from PSU and chassis)
4.) CPU/CPU block
5.) RAM
6.) GPU

I see. So you install the AIO rad first before the actual mobo installation making sure to put the CPU pump/block out of the way while doing it?

Is there like a best route to take for the AIO tubes?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I see. So you install the AIO rad first before the actual mobo installation making sure to put the CPU pump/block out of the way while doing it?

Is there like a best route to take for the AIO tubes?

Yeah, with the case on its side flip the tubes and the CPU block over the top portion to set them out of the way while you install the mobo.

That's going to depend on your AIO, but I think that the cleanest route is the one shown on Sligers product page. If you don't have enough length to go around the PSU, then something like this minimizes the slack you have to deal with:

macmittens

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 20, 2019
Just pulled the trigger on an order for the SM580, would appreciate any comments / concerns / feedback on the other bits I'm looking at picking up before I launch all of my orders off (yeah, I've listed a lot of ASUS stuff...):
  • Asus ROG RYUO 240 RGB 80.95 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
  • Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
  • Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card
  • Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory (CAS16)
Quick edit: with that GPU I'm guessing I would need a side vented panel? Better off with a blower style GPU?

Last edited:

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Yeah, with the case on its side flip the tubes and the CPU block over the top portion to set them out of the way while you install the mobo.

That's going to depend on your AIO, but I think that the cleanest route is the one shown on Sligers product page. If you don't have enough length to go around the PSU, then something like this minimizes the slack you have to deal with:

Ok, so I started to take the SM570 out of the box now and have already some issues/questions:

1. The SM HW Kit Screws says it should contain:

12 x 6-32x1/4 BLK ZC (I have all 12)
14 x M3-.5x5 BLK ZN (I have 15)
14 x M3-.5x6 BLK ZINC (I have 13)

So it looks like there was a mistake with those M3 screws.

2. Where are these three main screw types used? Will they all be used? Because if so, I would have a problem because of the mixup.

3. The screw kit also contained the two other screws which I only assume are to be used for the power cord cover mount. Is this correct? I used them there and they fit just fine.

4. I haven't checked the case all over yet but so far I see one scratch on one of the side panels. Here's a pic:

@KSliger, can you comment on these please? Thanks.

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
Ugh... So after a month of waiting I got a replacement X570i from Gigabyte for the one that failed and it won't turn on in my SM580, but will on the cardboard. Has anyone had any grounding issues or know how to fix them? I've never experienced this before in my 20 whatever years of building my computer's.