Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Are there any 120mm aio's that would fit the bottom of the sm580. I'm confused as to why they wouldn't fit.

I read on the page "Prefilled 120mm AIOs are not compatible here as AIO hoses will kink on the chassis middle spine." Just confused on the orientation and how this happens. Maybe a picture or something?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Are there any 120mm aio's that would fit the bottom of the sm580. I'm confused as to why they wouldn't fit.

I read on the page "Prefilled 120mm AIOs are not compatible here as AIO hoses will kink on the chassis middle spine." Just confused on the orientation and how this happens. Maybe a picture or something?

You might be able to get it to work, here is a picture of one stuck in without a fan - I advise against it because the tubes are bent over so tight.

Mind this picture is on the wrong side of the case.

Reactions: CountNoctua

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019

Radiators aren't 120mm x 120mm square, because one side will be longer due to the U-bend and the other side requires space for the inlet/outlet ports. Because of the width of the case, you must orient the radiator such that the hoses come out on opposite sides of the spine. This means most AIO tubes will not fit because they have to come up out of the rad, then immediately dip back down and go under the spine to make it to the other side of the case where the CPU is (because one port ends up on the CPU side and one on the GPU side). Most tubes will not make that bend gracefully and can break or crack.

The Asetek 92mm AIO uses 90 degree bends fittings to keep its hoses from breaking, which is why that works in SM5xx cases. If you were doing a custom loop, you can use 90 degree fittings to snake the pipe around the spine without kinking.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
You might be able to get it to work, here is a picture of one stuck in without a fan - I advise against it because the tubes are bent over so tight.

Mind this picture is on the wrong side of the case.

Is the case wide enough to orient it 90°? (Tubes on GPU or CPU side)

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
@Poblopuablo very intriguing, I would be curious to see if this is possible. My 92mm really isn't doing the job, and the fan is very loud. I think one consideration is also the tube length. The 645LT has a tube length of 250mm, which is already quite long for the case. The Kraken M22 has a 400mm tube length. I think that could actually be problematic, but it just might work. It will be painful because neither radiator has rotating tubes like the 645LT does.

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
I regretted not buying a handle during my order. Sliger wanted $30 +13 shipping for what would have been $20 during the order. So instead I decided to make one from Paracord and QD Sling swivels made for rifles. Costs all of $14, and handle quick detaches for putting inside a tight fitting bag, though the QD cups still stick up 1/2". If interested, you will need 4mm countersunk screws to mount the QD hardware. Will probably change the weave as this was my first time weaving Paracord. BTW inner cord is AMD red, it is bad lighting.

longnosedgoblin

Cable Smoosher
Sep 4, 2019
Damn that's really neat, smart thinking by the Sliger guys.

Ah I mean an extra $200 for the SM550 compared to the Sentry hahaha . Glad to hear the Pulse will fit, and it's cool that you can max out the 50mm max size!
I am ditching my sentry and going for a 550, I will be using that exact same graphics card.

Just ordered my case from the US and came on here to post only to find there will be an EU supplier soon. Doh!

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Received the chrome feet and the ventilated side panel the other day and got them on my SM580. I think the little extra clearance on the bottom that the chrome Cerberus feet offer combined with the ventilated panel on the GPU side have really helped moderate my GPU temps on my 2080 Ti, although the weather being a little cooler out now helps too.

Wolfenstein Youngblood seems to be the most thermally demanding game I've tested out- before with the acrylic panels on both sides, my GPU was routinely pushing 85C after playing for 20+ minutes. With the ventilated panels and new feet installed, playing for 50+ minutes and temps never went above 65C. My 3700X with a Corsair H100i was usually dancing around 60C with a spike to 75C while gaming.

Pretty happy with how everything is performing and looking now. But I think I've been bitten by the SFF bug and am tempted to get a Cerberus X to transfer my old 4670K/1070 build into now...

polarium

Trash Compacter
Aug 31, 2019
I am ditching my sentry and going for a 550, I will be using that exact same graphics card.

Just ordered my case from the US and came on here to post only to find there will be an EU supplier soon. Doh!

Yeah after my current build dies out I'm going for a Sliger, but that's still a few years away (ended up getting a 2060 super due to the driver issues in amd)

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
So my sm580 build is finally nearing completion. It took a while for indecision and shipping parts from EU + customs. Using an Eisbaer LT + Nexxos ST30 + 4x Be quiet Silent Wings cooling a 1700x with and an air-cooled RTX 2070. While stressing both simultaneously, both stay below 59C while making little noise. All fans are set to exhaust with vented panels. I am just thrilled. I'm very confident a 3950x will be viable in this. Love the case and the Alphacool AIO.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Made some significant progress on my SM580 build, really just the loop to finish up and final cable management.

The concern I have is about the riser..I managed to pinch the riser between the fan and the spine, like it really can't be pushed down any further...push pull setup with standard sizes fans and xspc tx rad, which theoretically should leave 1.5mm space right? Kinda worried the riser won't be able to take this stress and wondering if it's advisable to just go push only, because I'd be crestfallen if after the loop is filled only for it to be torn down again due to riser stress

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
Made some significant progress on my SM580 build, really just the loop to finish up and final cable management.

The concern I have is about the riser..I managed to pinch the riser between the fan and the spine, like it really can't be pushed down any further...push pull setup with standard sizes fans and xspc tx rad, which theoretically should leave 1.5mm space right? Kinda worried the riser won't be able to take this stress and wondering if it's advisable to just go push only, because I'd be crestfallen if after the loop is filled only for it to be torn down again due to riser stress
I would also be worried that the riser cable is choking the fan right above it.

Reactions: CountNoctua

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
SM580 v2 -- your input is needed!

I need everyone feedback on the SM580 v1 - only what you didn't like and think could be improved!

Will be changing the SM580 to be 14mm wider, this allows almost any 280mm radiator I can find on the market. 8mm of this will be to the CPU side so that there is a total of 63mm height for CPU pump block, GPU side will 6mm more for additional airflow.

Will be changing the handle mount / radiator mount bracket to be reversible so there isn't a correct direction to install it, had a few complaints of it being installed backwards and having to rebuild the system to get the handle to mount.

Adding one more screw to the PSU mount bracket in the front of the case so that it doesn't wiggle as much. Might remove one of the screws that attaches PSU mount bracket to the middle spine.

I am also removing the 2x rear plastic caps & 1" round holes for custom loops as I have not seen a single person use them.

late reply but here goes as I'm now completely done with my build... at least until I upgrade cpu...
-have ac power outlet recessed flush to make PCIE screws less a pain.
-move ac power outlet up 5+mm and alot closer to mid spine for better GPU clearance and cleaner cable routing, assuming no EMI issues with riser cable. If you could easily route the ac cable between riser and motherboard that would be really clean.
- make the ac outlet cover plate removable without having to remove the whole AC cord like the pigtail version, which is a pain if everything is zip- tied down like mine is. It has to be left uninstalled or removed to remove gpu which I do semi frequently.
- add 4th screw (in front up top) to psu tray to stabilize it better
-I know this is probably heresy, but get rid of water cooling hose holes in the rear of the case. They are less clean looking and take up valuable cable/hose space and I bet are rarely ever used. *feel free to contradict me here*
- on the spine, the top bar is a L shaped strut, if feasible move the Horizontal part to the bottom of strut instead of the top. I think this would make for neater, less visible cable management
-slightly shorter pcie riser cable. mine just seems too long and bulges out in undesirable places. Or better yet, neatly pre-bent riser cables that just barely clear the spine to maximize clearance and airflow. I'm new to bending these, and that cable was surprisingly robust for how fragile I expected it to be.

Oh and my ANTI-RGB build :)

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
SM580 v2 -- your input is needed!

I need everyone feedback on the SM580 v1 - only what you didn't like and think could be improved!

Will be changing the SM580 to be 14mm wider, this allows almost any 280mm radiator I can find on the market. 8mm of this will be to the CPU side so that there is a total of 63mm height for CPU pump block, GPU side will 6mm more for additional airflow.

Will be changing the handle mount / radiator mount bracket to be reversible so there isn't a correct direction to install it, had a few complaints of it being installed backwards and having to rebuild the system to get the handle to mount.

Adding one more screw to the PSU mount bracket in the front of the case so that it doesn't wiggle as much. Might remove one of the screws that attaches PSU mount bracket to the middle spine.

I am also removing the 2x rear plastic caps & 1" round holes for custom loops as I have not seen a single person use them.

Would this allow for 120mm radiator mounted at the bottom with tubes facing GPU or motherboard?

Reasoning for this is to allow 240mm rad for GPU (if lower power CPU(like 8600k) is used and a high power GPU is used(like a 2080ti or)) or 120mm aio for you (if high power CPU is used or you have a hybrid card)

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
@KSliger I got to thinking about all the empty space in the GPU side on my build (sm580), and how well the gpu fan intake + top&bottom exhaust works for thermals. For v2 what about throwing in 4 rivnuts top and bottom/ front back and have an optional support bracket for a 240mm slim rad vertically like the nCase M1 has. Correct me if I am wrong, but there is about 80+ mm from back of gpu card to outside panel. That, I think is enough room for a slim 240mm rad + fans + waterblock + gpu card + 10-20mm air routing clearance. It would be tight, but a slim 240mm + 280mm rad up top + 6 fans would be alot of cooling tdp. I've got a rivnut tool on order, so I plan tinker myself. I'm also thinking of adding a similar bracket to mount a slim fan directly over vrms to better support the 3950x when it comes out.