Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
For custom loop, yes (27mm rad plus 15mm fan are officially supported). AIO are not officially recommend in the bottom
The problem I think with a 140mm rad in the bottom is I don't think you will be able to fit a 140mm fan on top of a 140mm rad. You can do this with the 120mm rad/fan because the adapter offsets it towards the front of the case, avoiding the spine and the PCIe bracket. But while you have ~28mm of clearance under there for a fan, you don't have 27mm+15mm of clearance for a 140mm square object. So you could do a 140mm rad, put an adapter on top, and then put a 120mm fan on top, but I don't think 140+140 are supported.
And again, this is only for custom loops/rads and not AIOs because of tubes, unless you are using the 92mm AIO from Asetek.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
The problem I think with a 140mm rad in the bottom is I don't think you will be able to fit a 140mm fan on top of a 140mm rad. You can do this with the 120mm rad/fan because the adapter offsets it towards the front of the case, avoiding the spine and the PCIe bracket. But while you have ~28mm of clearance under there for a fan, you don't have 27mm+15mm of clearance for a 140mm square object. So you could do a 140mm rad, put an adapter on top, and then put a 120mm fan on top, but I don't think 140+140 are supported.
And again, this is only for custom loops/rads and not AIOs because of tubes, unless you are using the 92mm AIO from Asetek.

You are right, I misquoted the specs. Only 120mm rad/fan (not for AIO)

Reactions: CountNoctua

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
thank you for the replay, but he drilled holes in the case to mount it, also the SM570 is smaller than my case "SM580". I want to know if there is a pump that will fit without drilling holes in the SM580. @KSliger help please.

You can save a lot of trouble if you get a smaller graphics card than the one I had. The 1080 Ti FTW3 is about as big as they get.

thomas17496

Efficiency Noob
Sep 3, 2019
So is there enough clearance for 25mm fan for a 27mm rad? or it must be a slim 15mm fan?

longnosedgoblin

Cable Smoosher
Sep 4, 2019
I am planning a sm550 build with a 3600 and a 5700xt, the mobo will probably be the Aorus 570i. What is the best air cooler for this setup? I can easily get a l9, which I have used before and I know fits. The other 2 options are the cryorig c7 and the I'd cooling. I assume the c7 has no fit issues but is louder, and I have seen some people say the I'd cooling won't fit that mobo. What sort of extra cooling performance will they offer over the l9?

polarium

Trash Compacter
Aug 31, 2019
I am planning a sm550 build with a 3600 and a 5700xt, the mobo will probably be the Aorus 570i. What is the best air cooler for this setup? I can easily get a l9, which I have used before and I know fits. The other 2 options are the cryorig c7 and the I'd cooling. I assume the c7 has no fit issues but is louder, and I have seen some people say the I'd cooling won't fit that mobo. What sort of extra cooling performance will they offer over the l9?

Another guy mentioned to me the absolute best is the Black Ridge Cooler, but you have to import it from the UK from overclockers.uk.

The other option is the C7 CU/G, replacing the fan with the Noctua fan.

If you don't want any hassle/want it now, you could get the L9 with a fan shroud from J-Hack, which in some reviews I read improves the temperature to compete with the C7cu. Check this out for recommended parts for the SM550:
Hope this helps!

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
The black ridge is not making any miracles for me. I have a 3700x and it´s hot as hell, more or less the same temps than with the stock cooler and similar noise also. The difference is that is not as tall obviously. I also have a big shuriken rev 2 (old one, 775 socket) that gives me similar temps to the black risge. But if I use a Scythe Mugen temps go down a lot.

I don´t think that theres a magic formula here. number of heatpipes is nice, but you also need disspation surface, and the black ridge has very little, the same than other low profile coolers.

longnosedgoblin

Cable Smoosher
Sep 4, 2019
I am in the UK so I can get the black ridge but I had heard mixed things. I don't see any copper c7 for sale at the moment so it would be the aluminium model. Just wondering if the possible extra noise from the c7 is much better temps. My current rig had a l9i cooling a i5 6500 in a sentry and that works great.

polarium

Trash Compacter
Aug 31, 2019
I am in the UK so I can get the black ridge but I had heard mixed things. I don't see any copper c7 for sale at the moment so it would be the aluminium model. Just wondering if the possible extra noise from the c7 is much better temps. My current rig had a l9i cooling a i5 6500 in a sentry and that works great.

What prompted you to switch to the Sm550 from the Sentry? I have it too and was thinking about switching.

The blackridge though I heard good things from someone using the 560. He's using the Black Ridge V2 and replaced the fans with the Noctua one, though both sides are double vented. Temps in his Ryzen 5 3600 is around 60C under load, which is great

longnosedgoblin

Cable Smoosher
Sep 4, 2019
Sentry is a great case but I think it works best with low - midrange components. I like the idea of the 2 case fans exhausting heat in the sm550 to get better temps with hotter components. I will look into the black ridge some more. Anyone specifically have the aluminium c7 in the sm550?

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
I would just go with the L9a. It's not ideal for the 3700X or higher, but for the 3600 it's good. As paulesko said, the limiting factor here is low-profile. Vented panel will help.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
What are the dimensions of the squarish opening in the front frame of the SM580? (top left opening when looking at the case from the front with front panel off) Are there any other openings in the front? It looks to be more closed off than the SM560 front

Embedding images apparently isn't working, here's a link:

thank you for the replay, but he drilled holes in the case to mount it, also the SM570 is smaller than my case "SM580". I want to know if there is a pump that will fit without drilling holes in the SM580. @KSliger help please.

The SM580 should have the infinite vent pattern you need to mount it anywhere along the front - I would second the motion for the DDC pump.

Hi!Is there a sm 5x0 3d model so I can fiddle with it to see what I can put inside? I´ve found a cerberus one, but not this sandwhich stile...

thank you!

We have a stripped down frame model if you email us!

Any plans on doing a version with 3 slot pcie slots and more cpu clearance?

Have a few designs in works that might be up this alley, one in vertical layout and one in standard layout like the M1 / A1 / QBX.

Just wrapped up my (first ever SFF) build in the SM560 and here are some thoughts of mine:
  • The case feels really premium. I had no quality control issues with mine, everything looked perfect.
  • The manual is good for pointers, but it seems to be missing some really important steps and information. I suppose because this is such a niche market, the expectation is that you know what you're getting into, but that wasn't true for me. Luckily I got some help on the Discord from @3lfk1ng. If I hadn't had that help I don't know how I could have done it.
    • The manual doesn't cover installing an AIO, even though that seems to be an extremely popular option. Knowing how to orient the cooler and arrange the tubing is really tough and I struggled quite a bit with this part. The way I ended up doing it (at 3lf's suggestion) was putting one tube on the GPU side and one on the motherboard and routing it under the spine and RAM. I had to slide it in at a pretty gruesome angle, and I ended up not using the 92mm AIO adapter at all and screwed it into the bottom vents directly (mostly because I couldn't figure out how to use the adapter).
    • I was a moron and didn't take the top off while installing most of my components. I don't know why I did this, but maybe stress how helpful it is to have it off (this seems like idiot-proofing, but we exist). I would not recommend trying to install a motherboard with the top on. Somehow I did manage, but man, that was an exercise in stupidity.
  • I had a lot of trouble with my I/O shield. It would sound like it was snapping into place but not stay put. I have a B450-I Strix.
  • The internal bar of the case always seemed to be in the way, especially when installing the cooler. I know it has to be there, but it was pretty frustrating to work with. It makes routing tubing especially difficult.
  • Installing the PSU and routing the cables was actually quite easy for me, even with the stock cables. I expected it to be a lot harder.
  • I had no issues with screws stripping, or with the side panels being too difficult to take off. The retention mechanisms seem well adjusted to me.
  • Very minor nitpick: the cutouts for the ports going all the way to the panel (instead of perfectly tapered around the port) mildly bugs me.

I've been using the case for a few days and here are some of my thoughts on performance:
  • My 3700X seems to be getting cooled decently by the 645LT. I ran some stress tests on it for about 15 minutes and it was maxing out around 80C. I will say however that it is quite loud. I'm not sure I have my fan curves exactly perfected, but it ramps up pretty quickly and is really audible due to the vented panels (though I can't hear it with my headset and music on). It seems to idle around 60C, which seems high.
  • My 1080Ti has so much ventilation that it rarely spins it's fans, though I don't play any particularly intensive games.
  • I haven't done any BIOS tweaks or undervolting, etc. I might be able to squeeze more performance or better thermals out of it still.
Overall, it performs pretty well, especially for the size. Though I still can't help hoping for Sliger to make a Cerberus mini so we can take advantage of larger air coolers that perform much better, which I would still purchase even after already buying my 560. @KSliger pretty please?

Anyway, I'm happy with my purchase. The case is gorgeous (despite the ugly Noctua) and the size is wonderful. Finally, a case I'm happy to have on my desk. Great job to the entire Sliger team!

I love break downs like this, helps me improve on the minor things.

The cutouts for the IO are stupid but only thing that works due to the minimum distance a hole has to be from a bend. It is not possible with these IO boards to have material there as it will pull/warp and look really really bad, so in turn I had to cut out to the bend strike point.

If we can get stabilized here in the next few weeks I will be working on new user manuals. @3lfk1ng is a champ for all the help he gives as well!

See @rfarmer with the ID Cooling IS60 and the slim fan that is a killer setup, 2nd best option is the L9a, 3rd is the C7 or C7G.

Do you guys have troubles closing the front panel?

What kind of troubles?

Also sorry for the delays everyone, was out all last week and getting caught up! Good to see you all happy and no major problems!