Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
One other thing I noticed with my 580 build- as I think has been mentioned, the Corsair Commander Pro seems way too big to hide anywhere in the case.

Quick question- what's the easiest way to hook up a Corsair LL140's RGB? I goofed in getting the LL140 single pack, which doesn't come with the required fan hub. I already have the RGB hub and even a Commander Pro from my old build. But in reading more about it, I'd need the fan hub and the rgb hub to get the RGB working on it. Add in that both would need SATA power connections. And my H100i AIO is using its own USB port on the Gigabyte X570-i motherboard, which seemingly only has the one USB port, so I'd probably need an internal USB hub to hook up the RGB hub's USB port...

That seems like too much work for just one RGB fan...
Yes pretty tight in there. Have you tried the space between the chassis front and PSU? or behind the PSU? Neither will be easily accessible with the PSU bracket / chassis spine.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Yes pretty tight in there. Have you tried the space between the chassis front and PSU? or behind the PSU? Neither will be easily accessible with the PSU bracket / chassis spine.
Those would be the next options. I guess since I don't have the Fan Hub, I'd have to buy another 2 pack of fans just to get the Corsair fan hub which seems like a bit of a waste. Probably just try to clean up my existing cables first and then see how much space I have left for anything else to fit in there.

raiistar

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
Those would be the next options. I guess since I don't have the Fan Hub, I'd have to buy another 2 pack of fans just to get the Corsair fan hub which seems like a bit of a waste. Probably just try to clean up my existing cables first and then see how much space I have left for anything else to fit in there.
I am using this fan hub here and it does not require any extra power cables.
fanhub

Reactions: Jibbajabbawockers

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018
One other thing I noticed with my 580 build- as I think has been mentioned, the Corsair Commander Pro seems way too big to hide anywhere in the case.

Quick question- what's the easiest way to hook up a Corsair LL140's RGB? I goofed in getting the LL140 single pack, which doesn't come with the required fan hub. I already have the RGB hub and even a Commander Pro from my old build. But in reading more about it, I'd need the fan hub and the rgb hub to get the RGB working on it. Add in that both would need SATA power connections. And my H100i AIO is using its own USB port on the Gigabyte X570-i motherboard, which seemingly only has the one USB port, so I'd probably need an internal USB hub to hook up the RGB hub's USB port...

Get this two-pack of 5-pin Mini USB 2.0 cables. You can plug both into a single header. That's what I did in order to concurrently connect my NZXT Kraken X62 and Corsair Lighting Node (connected to four ML140 PRO RGB fans).

Last edited:

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019

I have a Commander Pro mounted behind the front panel on my 560. I assume this is possible on the 580? If you can mount the Commander Pro then it should have all the required ports to get your fan, rgb and AIO running without any additional hubs.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
I am using this fan hub here and it does not require any extra power cables.
fanhub
Get this two-pack of 5-pin Mini USB 2.0 cables. You can plug both into a single header. That's what I did in order to concurrently connect my NZXT Kraken X62 and Corsair Lighting Node (connected to four ML140 PRO RGB fans).
Awesome, I'll have to give these a try!

I have a Commander Pro mounted behind the front panel on my 560. I assume this is possible on the 580? If you can mount the Commander Pro then it should have all the required ports to get your fan, rgb and AIO running without any additional hubs.
My only relucatance in doing that was that I was thinking of maybe getting a 2.5 inch SSD there down the road. Not any time soon though so removing the 2.5inch bracket behind the front panel probably frees up enough room there for the Commander Pro, like you did. That picture helps a bunch though, thanks!

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
Awesome, I'll have to give these a try!

My only relucatance in doing that was that I was thinking of maybe getting a 2.5 inch SSD there down the road. Not any time soon though so removing the 2.5inch bracket behind the front panel probably frees up enough room there for the Commander Pro, like you did. That picture helps a bunch though, thanks!

Would it fit above the SSD tray? You could also try to mount it horizontally. I stuck a velcro command strip on the back of my Commander Pro in case I need to remove it temporarily.

TheArkratos

Caliper Novice
Mar 26, 2019
Double checking the SM560 (bifurcation version) doesn't support 140mm fans in the bottom? is this because they don't fit or is it just the mounting holes?

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
Finally, I have all of my parts.

Only bummer is I don't know if the rotated BS3 will fit with my ram. If not then I guess I'll need a different cooler to run semi-passive? Because I'm assuming having the fins running horizontal instead of vertical results in less than ideal temps

TheArkratos

Caliper Novice
Mar 26, 2019
Purely a mounting hole issue. 140mm fans will physically fit

@KSliger Any chance of a new revision where 140s would fit? Your setup at quake con in the sm550 looked so good I'm considering it for a bifurcation setup but I'd need the sm560.

Also can I email you about that case we discussed at quake con?

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
SM580 build complete!
You'll have to forgive the messy cable management (really should have opted for custom lengths, but went for default from CableMod as I ordered the cables before I got the case and wanted to make sure I erred on the side of the cables being too long... will likely measure next time and go for pslate). Will go back in later at some point to clean it up a bit, but got lazy. :p Didn't have any issues with the build; quality and everything with the case is great so far, and I want to thank @KSliger and team for their excellent communication from first email to final shipping. :)

More pics:

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
SM580 build complete!
You'll have to forgive the messy cable management (really should have opted for custom lengths, but went for default from CableMod as I ordered the cables before I got the case and wanted to make sure I erred on the side of the cables being too long... will likely measure next time and go for pslate). Will go back in later at some point to clean it up a bit, but got lazy. :p Didn't have any issues with the build; quality and everything with the case is great so far, and I want to thank @KSliger and team for their excellent communication from first email to final shipping. :)

More pics:

You should look into getting sponsored lol, nice build!

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Finally, I have all of my parts.

Only bummer is I don't know if the rotated BS3 will fit with my ram. If not then I guess I'll need a different cooler to run semi-passive? Because I'm assuming having the fins running horizontal instead of vertical results in less than ideal temps
As a owner and lover of both the 550/60. I don't recommend the passive solution. I wouldnt go any higher than a 2600 cpu if you must do it.
Yes, you want the fins vertical in the passive mode.
I was able to use the intel mounts for the BS3 to orient it correctly but eventually, it stopped making good contact and my cpu was hitting in the 90's.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Custom length is what people mean by custom generally, stock cables are just sleeved but they are always at a fixed length not specific for any case.
I see what you're saying, thanks.

So, pretty much the only X570 board that's best for the SM570 will be the Gigabyte Aorus given that I want to use the SATA ports of the board in the future, right? The ASRock board SATA ports are not accessible based on some comments here.

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
As a owner and lover of both the 550/60. I don't recommend the passive solution. I wouldnt go any higher than a 2600 cpu if you must do it.
Yes, you want the fins vertical in the passive mode.
I was able to use the intel mounts for the BS3 to orient it correctly but eventually, it stopped making good contact and my cpu was hitting in the 90's.
I have a 3700x and don't plan on overclocking much if at all. If it doesn't work, I'll get a different fan, I have a vented side panel just in case. Finishing the build tonight, then installing Windows tomorrow, hoping I can get some decent temps.

Did that alternative side IO panel ever get released? I'd love to be able to use the USB-C port, even if it's at reduced speeds.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I have a 3700x and don't plan on overclocking much if at all. If it doesn't work, I'll get a different fan, I have a vented side panel just in case. Finishing the build tonight, then installing Windows tomorrow, hoping I can get some decent temps.

Did that alternative side IO panel ever get released? I'd love to be able to use the USB-C port, even if it's at reduced speeds.

Do you have an extra or additional vented panel?semi passive works best with unvented and windowed panels