Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019

I'm almost ready! Just the cables are left. Really hoping they arrive tomorrow!

I think after owning the SM580 for less than 24 hours, worked on it for 2 hours to get a proof of concept fit that looks terrible right now, it's a great case. Like everyone says, there really isn't any compromise with this case (or any SFF case that pushes the limit). You pretty much have to plan the build out fairly thoroughly to get everything to fit just right, and custom cables would really help, though very expensive for what they are. Cable management is the nightmare here, at least for me. I see some folks here and elsewhere, not sure how they do it, but damn they're good at hiding the cables. I avoided SATA hard drives and the Front panel to make things easier for cable management, but nope, still a pain.

Will probably redo it all this weekend when I have more time. Right now, it's put together 90% to get a build concept. Good luck!

Now for those with the NZXT AIO, do I need to connect everything it comes with? The SATA power, the Pump header, the mini USB? Right now I have my fans connected to a board header with a y-cable for each set of 2. Trying to see if I can cut down on the cabling. Gigabyte x570i Wifi.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountNoctua

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
I think after owning the SM580 for less than 24 hours, worked on it for 2 hours to get a proof of concept fit that looks terrible right now, it's a great case. Like everyone says, there really isn't any compromise with this case (or any SFF case that pushes the limit). You pretty much have to plan the build out fairly thoroughly to get everything to fit just right, and custom cables would really help, though very expensive for what they are. Cable management is the nightmare here, at least for me. I see some folks here and elsewhere, not sure how they do it, but damn they're good at hiding the cables. I avoided SATA hard drives and the Front panel to make things easier for cable management, but nope, still a pain.

Will probably redo it all this weekend when I have more time. Right now, it's put together 90% to get a build concept. Good luck!

Now for those with the NZXT AIO, do I need to connect everything it comes with? The SATA power, the Pump header, the mini USB? Right now I have my fans connected to a board header with a y-cable for each set of 2. Trying to see if I can cut down on the cabling. Gigabyte x570i Wifi.

I don't know if cable management will be worse here than the Geeek A50x but with that build what helped for me is to route while mounting the PSU. This was with an SFX-L so it was a definite pain in the ass but the end result was cables that were so smushed that they couldn't even be moved if I wanted to. Also, that was with Silverstone's tough but thin cables, so I'm not sure how I'm going to fare with custom cables and two fans below my PSU and motherboard. I'm gonna wing it for now without fan grills and report my progress here.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
I don't know if cable management will be worse here than the Geeek A50x but with that build what helped for me is to route while mounting the PSU. This was with an SFX-L so it was a definite pain in the ass but the end result was cables that were so smushed that they couldn't even be moved if I wanted to. Also, that was with Silverstone's tough but thin cables, so I'm not sure how I'm going to fare with custom cables and two fans below my PSU and motherboard. I'm gonna wing it for now without fan grills and report my progress here.

I got fan grills coming in myself, hopefully in the next couple of days from Amazon. I have the corsair platinum PSU as well, so those braided cables are a pain. Will be using zip ties here and trying to bundle everything as tight as possible under the PSU, and between the board and power supply above the 24-pin connector as the north south channel for cable running.

DougmanXL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 18, 2019
Connect everything, (i had to put on a cable with 3 sata connectors just to power the fans). I shoved a lot of extra cables into the front panel area.
Get the New CAM software version. Install the extra firmware update.
Get the new chipset driver: https://community.amd.com/community...te-5-let-s-talk-clocks-voltages-and-destiny-2

I finally got mine assembled, my cable management is not great, but the airflow is good. I managed to somehow get the EDIT: PUMP to be upright, the other way (on the left) the hoses were pushing my ram over a bit - is that going to damage it? Although the AIO tubing is in front now. I'm thinking about running it down in front of the PSU and along the bottom, then it has less severe bends, but I'm not sure if it's long enough. Honestly I'm just glad it's working so I can use it. It's quieter than my ROG laptop, and smokes it in performance!

Only real problem I have so far, is the ball-stud things poke into the nzxt kraken radiator at the front - what do I do now, disassemble the top and move the rad towards the back 2 or 3 mm? Right now I've removed the front top ball-stud.

Last edited:

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I know that KSliger suggested that you have the fans as exhaust but with my configuration I have found that setting both fans as intake work better for the 645. I've tested with vented panels as well as a windowed panel on the CPU side. With the fans as exhaust, I was seeing temps in the 70s on my 3700x. When I flipped the fans, my temps settle in at about 60 degrees while gaming. If there is a debate or this warrants more discussion, I'd be happy to run some benchmarks and report my results if it helps other people with their builds in the future.
I believe it has always been said to run as intake with a AIO. It starves everything for air, especially the vrm's if you don't.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Connect everything, (i had to put on a cable with 3 sata connectors just to power the fans). I shoved a lot of extra cables into the front panel area.
Get the new chipset driver: https://community.amd.com/community...te-5-let-s-talk-clocks-voltages-and-destiny-2

I finally got mine assembled, my cable management is not great, but the airflow is good. I managed to somehow get the EDIT: PUMP to be upright, the other way (on the left) the hoses were pushing my ram over a bit - is that going to damage it? Although the AIO tubing is in front now. I'm thinking about running it down in front of the PSU and along the bottom, then it has less severe bends, but I'm not sure if it's long enough. Honestly I'm just glad it's working so I can use it. It's quieter than my ROG laptop, and smokes it in performance!

Only real problem I have so far, is the ball-stud things poke into the nzxt kraken radiator at the front - what do I do now, disassemble the top and move the rad towards the back 2 or 3 mm? Right now I've removed the front top ball-stud.

Ok, looks like the radiator fans will get connected to the NZXT cable then.

The pushing of the RAM will be ok, these damn cooling cables are stiff. Still trying to figure out a proper layout as well.

The radiator, yes push it back as far as possible, when you do that the ball studs won't hit it. When I have nicks on my radiator as well from the ball stud hitting it.

Reactions: DougmanXL

SirisLeOsiris

Cable Smoosher
Jul 28, 2019
I know that KSliger suggested that you have the fans as exhaust but with my configuration I have found that setting both fans as intake work better for the 645. I've tested with vented panels as well as a windowed panel on the CPU side. With the fans as exhaust, I was seeing temps in the 70s on my 3700x. When I flipped the fans, my temps settle in at about 60 degrees while gaming. If there is a debate or this warrants more discussion, I'd be happy to run some benchmarks and report my results if it helps other people with their builds in the future.

Yea, I suspect with the AiO the hot air from the video card is going to outway any benefit from exhaust fans. I went for intake on both of mine for this exact reason.
In a normal air cooled build the CPU and GPU heat doesnt effect each other.

TheCrimsonRL

Chassis Packer
May 22, 2019
Is the power cable from the PSU to the female side longer in a case with a pigtail cable design? Or is the only difference the metal plate at rear of case?

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019

can u show us the other side?

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
I got fan grills coming in myself, hopefully in the next couple of days from Amazon. I have the corsair platinum PSU as well, so those braided cables are a pain. Will be using zip ties here and trying to bundle everything as tight as possible under the PSU, and between the board and power supply above the 24-pin connector as the north south channel for cable running.

Wait, what? I thought it's easier to cable route the sleeved cables that come with the Corsair Platinums? I ordered the SF600 Platinum myself but this is my first time building in an ITX case so I wouldn't know.

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
Wait, what? I thought it's easier to cable route the sleeved cables that come with the Corsair Platinums? I ordered the SF600 Platinum myself but this is my first time building in an ITX case so I wouldn't know.

The SF600 Platinum comes with some Corsair-branded velcro ties. I was able to wrap up my cables and arrange them in a way where I did not need a grill on my fan. It's still tight and required some trial and error on my part but I'm pretty happy with the results.

thewave1408

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2019
So which 280mm AIO are people going with? It looks like the new Corsair models are incompatible with the SM580. I have an EVGA CLC 280 that is not compatible. The NZXT Kraken has been shown to be compatible. What other options do we have?

cmill

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2019
I stayed up to late... I'm way to tired this morning haha... anyways, so how I got the radiator (Corsair H115i RGB Platinum) to fit was I put the part with the hoses facing the front of the case, then I used the middle and back mounting screws (6) and didn't put anything in the front. I left the screws loose till i slid the bracket where i wanted, tightened it down and fastened it on. Not going to lie, it took about 45 min of guess and check to get it lined up right so it would fit.

I took some very rushed and bad pics this morning. When I get home tonight I'll get some better ones.