Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
I saw how you managed to mount your radiators. I'm curious to see how someone with the 280mm radiators get mounted. It doesnt seem that there is a way to removed the mounting bracket. Not an issue for me since I'm only mounting a 240mm up there anyway
cant you lay the case on the side and put it in? so youre not having to hold up. rather you just lean it into place

wkarma

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
Pic of the 580 in it's natural environment. Quakecon!

Polski03

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
cant you lay the case on the side and put it in? so youre not having to hold up. rather you just lean it into place
That part I understand I mean to actually screw it in place. The bracket for the 280mm rads/140mm fans appeared to be blocked off from the top while the 240mm/120mm fan bracket you can see through the holes.

Reactions: Rmorrison

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Yikes, sorry to hear that your temps are still high without the panel on. It seems that AMD cards tend to run warm and the 5700 and XT seem to continue that trend. I was constantly stressing about temps when I had a Asus Strix Vega 64. I tried replacing the fan with 15mm Noctuas, and messing with fan curves. Eventually I gave up and sold the Vega 64 and went with a 2070. Wow what a world of difference, the card ran cooler overall, was quiet and hit all its boost targets. While the 2070, at the time, was not a great value proposition the efficiency was worth the added cost for me.
Well, currently all of the 5700 and XTs are using blower coolers, which aren't really comparable temperature wise to a good axial cooler. In the few experiments done with aftermarket coolers on the Navi cards, temps are surprisingly comparable to equivalent Nvidia cards. Personally, I will not purchase new Nvidia products (read not-used) because I morally disagree with their business practices and anti-consumer behaviors. So I'll sit and wait for a solid ~250W card with good 1440p performance with a 3 slot cooler that I can put in this case.

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
So I intend to secure that bottom 240 rad with just 4 screws that line up to 1 fan space. That should be plenty for a rad that is sitting at the bottom of a case.

This is exactly what I did and it looks and feels secure.

Also, there's not a chance for a fan on top of those rads..even with the xspc tx rad.

Can confirm. It was hard enough getting the radiator in there. The only chance for a fan on it would be to make much taller legs and install them through the bottom, but then you have to drill extra holes to match the holes on the radiator.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Can confirm. It was hard enough getting the radiator in there. The only chance for a fan on it would be to make much taller legs and install them through the bottom, but then you have to drill extra holes to match the holes on the radiator.

This is exactly what I intend to do! Taller feet and case fans on bottom

Reactions: thoughtfix

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
EDIT: Yay, got my SM580 tracking number ? Coming in next Thursday. Gives me a few days to test all my parts; just bought the 3700X from Best Buy, about to pick it up now. Got nearly everything else except for cablemod PSU cables and a 40mm fan for the chipset. Hoping to do some good testing and tweaking of system in open bench this weekend.

I've got bad news though, even with the side panel off my stupid Powercolor RX580 still reaches 85C within seconds under gaming load and begins throttling. I tried undervolting and it did NOT like that at all, even dropping from 1100mv to 1075mv immediately caused the outputs to freak out. Before the Sliger, I had this GPU in an NCase M1 with fans directly on it, and it throttled even then, so it's just a shite cooler on this GPU.

Is there a mining BIOS available for that card? I would try flashing one, or tweaking your own. Mining BIOSes tend to have the most optimized settings for power and heat efficiency, or at least the power-specific ones do.

Last edited:

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Hey everyone,

Been stalking this forum for awhile, finally decided to sign up. My question is about the sm580 and the h115i square rad fitment. I read that it wont fit coz the ball joints from the front of the case hit the square rads. I was just wondering if you run the rad without putting the front cover on would there be any issues? Would the case be secure without the front cover?

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
EDIT: Yay, got my SM580 tracking number ? Coming in next Thursday. Gives me a few days to test all my parts; just bought the 3700X from Best Buy, about to pick it up now. Got nearly everything else except for cablemod PSU cables and a 40mm fan for the chipset. Hoping to do some good testing and tweaking of system in open bench this weekend.

Is there a mining BIOS available for that card? I would try flashing one, or tweaking your own. Mining BIOSes tend to have the most optimized settings for power and heat efficiency, or at least the power-specific ones do.
YAY!!!!

Got my tracking. Sweet!

Do you guys mind sharing your order numbers? So we can get an estimate of what their on? just the 1st few digits.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Got lucky and managed to buy one direct from AMD's website today. It's one of the few things they'll sell directly to the end user.
I saw that post on reddit 2 hours too late. ill get one eventually. still kinda mad that no one had any except newegg and micro center.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Question for anyone with the 580/570- I've got the Gigabyte X570-I board and have an M.2 drive to fit on the back of the motherboard. The motherboard comes with a little thermal pad which the manual recommends you stick on your drive but I'm wondering how useful that will be in a sandwhich style layout like the 570/580?

Without a heatsink on top of the thermal pad, will it really do anything? I always thought thermal pads needed something else like a heatsink to dissipate the heat to- or maybe Gigabyte was thinking the thermal pad on the back M.2 would be butting up against the metal of the case itself? I was thinking of maybe getting a little heatsink like this EKWB one but I might just wait and see how temps are first once I get the case and get building.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Do you guys mind sharing your order numbers? So we can get an estimate of what their on? just the 1st few digits.

I was stalking the site. I manually typed in what the url was for the SM580 and kept refreshing the site every few minutes. When the pages turned from not found to showing there was a live HTML, I was ready. Could've been number 1 order, but sat there wondering what side panels I wanted for 15 minutes or so lol.
Question for anyone with the 580/570- I've got the Gigabyte X570-I board and have an M.2 drive to fit on the back of the motherboard. The motherboard comes with a little thermal pad which the manual recommends you stick on your drive but I'm wondering how useful that will be in a sandwhich style layout like the 570/580?

Without a heatsink on top of the thermal pad, will it really do anything? I always thought thermal pads needed something else like a heatsink to dissipate the heat to- or maybe Gigabyte was thinking the thermal pad on the back M.2 would be butting up against the metal of the case itself? I was thinking of maybe getting a little heatsink like this EKWB one but I might just wait and see how temps are first once I get the case and get building.

I believe that was Gigabytes intention as well, to have the pad press against the shell of the case. Better than nothing.

Most M.2 drives you see, even in laptops, dont have any cooling except a pad as well, or nothing at all. Performs just fine. Now if it were pcie4 m.2, then yeah you'll have heat issues.

Last edited: