Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
You can always have it push air from the top into the case, just have to reverse the air flow in the case. It's a bit counterintuitive as heat rises, and you're forcing it down and out the case at the bottom, especially with the psu exhausting air upward.

This has been one of the most misunderstood concept of air movement though. Heat rises, yes, but only when it is not forced to move into any direction. The heat rises concept doesn’t really have an effect in computer cases where you basically force the direction of the air where you want it to go.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
This has been one of the most misunderstood concept of air movement though. Heat rises, yes, but only when it is not forced to move into any direction. The heat rises concept doesn’t really have an effect in computer cases where you basically force the direction of the air where you want it to go.

Good to know.

Reebzy

Efficiency Noob
Jul 21, 2019

Is there an optimal build for SM580 established? I am trying to find as much information as possible to avoid re-building too many times.

I will be using 2x windowed sides and a 280mm AIO and an SFX psu. My current plan is AIO mounted top (exhaust), and 2x 140mm bottom (intake).

Any feedback is appreciated.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Is there an optimal build for SM580 established? I am trying to find as much information as possible to avoid re-building too many times.

I will be using 2x windowed sides and a 280mm AIO and an SFX psu. My current plan is AIO mounted top (exhaust), and 2x 140mm bottom (intake).

Any feedback is appreciated.

Sorry but I'm in the same boat as you are. I have not placed an order for the SM570 yet because I'm not sure if I'd go unvented or vented panels for each side. One thing I know though is that tye Demciflex filters for the vented panels are really expensive.

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
Quick question on the 580- if I've got the Corsair Commander Pro and wanted to stick it in the 580, would it fit ok positioned in the front of the case, along the back of the front panel? Dimensions wise its 133mm wide and the 580 is listed as 155mm wide but I wasn't sure looking at pictures how much room there actually is along the interior part of the front of the case ( the side opposite where you'd mount a 2.5 inch SSD on the front).

This should work. I have one behind the front panel on my SM560.

wkarma

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
I'm running my 580 with vented sides and all fans exhaust. 3900x with 2080ti. Both cpu and gpu max out at 75ish under full burn in load. Normal gaming and whatnot less than that. I think the gpu is running cooler in the case with the fans blowing over it than when I was testing everything on my desk out of the case.

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
You can always have it push air from the top into the case, just have to reverse the air flow in the case. It's a bit counterintuitive as heat rises, and you're forcing it down and out the case at the bottom, especially with the psu exhausting air upward.
What? Sorry but no. I bought a case fully compatible with 280 AIOs and now this is not real, I must change my configuration by this unkonown issue? No sorry.

This issue wasn't present when I bought case, if I know this problem I don't bought any case... ?

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
What? Sorry but no. I bought a case fully compatible with some AIOs and now this is not real, I must change my configuration by this unkonown issue? No sorry.

This issue wasn't present when I bought case, if I know this problem I don't bought any case... ?

1. IIRC this only affects some 480mm water-coolers in the 580. You really can't test for every single edge case, and literally it's the difference between having the fans on top vs. bottom of the radiator. Minor problem with an easy fix, that while a dB or two louder, arguably gives better aesthetics. I don't really understand your reservation against pull setups.

2: You pre-ordered a product from a small manufacturer with limited time, budget, and resources. To believe there wouldn't be at least one thing that goes wrong is naive

If this is such a huge inconvenience for you, may I suggest not preordering in the future?

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Right now there is a 72mm between radiator bracket and top of the motherboard:

If you're up for case modding there is ~80mm of vertical space available with the bracket that hangs the radiator removed.

EDIT: That top 327mm dimension isn't to the right line, it's 330mm total length.
330mm total lengh... Corsair have 322mm x 137mm x 27mm... 8mm less...

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
What? Sorry but no. I bought a case fully compatible with 280 AIOs and now this is not real, I must change my configuration by this unkonown issue? No sorry.

There should be almost no difference with the fans on the top or the bottom of the radiator. It should also be almost no difference with the airflow going top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top. I'm sure folks are disappointed, but Sliger said he's trying to fix it in a follow up run. The issue with the Corsair, if you look on an earlier page, appears to be that their radiator they're using is completely squared of at the corners, interfering with some case component. This is another reason why I didn't preorder and am looking to see how builds go :)

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Any 280mm AIO will fit, except the EK Phoenix, some of the larger radiators for custom loops won't make the cut either.

1. IIRC this only affects some 480mm water-coolers in the 580. You really can't test for every single edge case, and literally it's the difference between having the fans on top vs. bottom of the radiator. Minor problem with an easy fix, that while a dB or two louder, arguably gives better aesthetics. I don't really understand your reservation against pull setups.

2: You pre-ordered a product from a small manufacturer with limited time, budget, and resources. To believe there wouldn't be at least one thing that goes wrong is naive

If this is such a huge inconvenience for you, may I suggest not preordering in the future?

Sorry, I buy something that they promise will be compatible and I trust the manufacturer, in addition to the dimensions that has indicated several times is compatible.

When someone manufactures and sells something saying it is compatible, it is compatible and does not present problems later. I agree that it is a new product and that you can not try everything, but you know the dimensions of the products for which it is said to be compatible, so there is no excuse.

I buy a product that I have been assured is compatible as I quote your comments. I pay it. Then it turns out that I have to make changes because of problems of incompatibility I'm sorry but no.

As a buyer I have rights and the product has not even been sent after 17 days of payment.

I have to meet deadlines in which I am already delayed by a mod arranged with sponsors. Above, another installation problem is presented.

Sorry but no. So I do not want a product with which I will not be happy because it is not what was said, for which I paid.

And of course I will not buy something that does not fit what I want or is not sure, but if they claim that the product will be A and then it is B before the purchase, I will not buy it. In this case, the problem arose after the purchase, because I am sorry, reject and return, case is not necessary because the product has not been sent.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@JaPeMo I would like to see where it states "fully compatible with 280 AIOs ",. as you say.
This has never been the case. No pun intended. I do feel bad for your situation but lets not loose our minds here.

Are these diminsions correct for your particular aio?
  • Upper Radiator Plenum
  • Maximum dimensions of 328mm x 150mm x 72mm (LxWxH -- 72mm height includes fan and radiator thickness)

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
@JaPeMo I would like to see where it states "fully compatible with 280 AIOs ",. as you say.
This has never been the case. No pun intended. I do feel bad for your situation but lets not loose our minds here.

Are these diminsions correct for your particular aio?
  • Upper Radiator Plenum
  • Maximum dimensions of 328mm x 150mm x 72mm (LxWxH -- 72mm height includes fan and radiator thickness)
Read my first quote before message than you...

@wsgroves if you dont found you can read here

And screen

The first thing to do is first check and read correctly before saying that what I said is not true when I had already quoted the post where the compatibility is stated

Last edited:

Navy8or

Caliper Novice
May 9, 2019
Read my first quote before message than you...

@wsgroves if you dont found you can read here

And screen

The first thing to do is first check and read correctly before saying that what I said is not true when I had already quoted the post where the compatibility is stated

Just email Sliger and get a refund. They are super friendly, so I'm sure you'll have no problems. Seriously though, I think everyone here would recommend to you that you no longer purchase anything on release date. It is a well known fact that every first-release will have a learning curve associated with it as little unforseen problems arise. It is also reasonable that it takes a small manufacturer (who has been completely transparent with everyone here about issues) a week or two to get products out the door. You're not working with Amazon two day shipping, and everyone here seems to understand that except for you. Of course you have rights as a consumer, so my recommendation is that you email them, get a refund, and maybe stick to basic, large manufacturer cases because being the first in line for a Louqe Ghost or S4 would've resulted in the same issues. Good luck in the future.

Reebzy

Efficiency Noob
Jul 21, 2019

I am in the exact same boat as you...But getting all shouty on a forum isn’t going to help. If you’re dropping $300+ on just a case then picking a new 280mm AIO is trivial in the overall, I’m assuming, $1500-$2000 build. (I’m personally switching to a Kraken X62).

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@JaPeMo very good. Thanks for the link. I am surprised he actually said that as it's a relatively broad statement. It will fit however, with fans moved to pull. I know that is not how you wanted to run it though.
As I said, I do feel your pain. Contact support and I know they will do whatever they can for you, or cancel if you want to.
As @Navy8or said, comes with the territory. There have already been some minor changes to the 550/60 that I own that I missed buying early. It is what it is.
Also, in no way am I downplaying the issue. You have every right to get a refund if you so choose. I would of rather the hype train calmed down a little bit to get these out the door asap with a little more testing but I understand it was already taking a bit longer.
We all were clamoring for this thing to ship asap.

Last edited:

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
I am in the exact same boat as you...But getting all shouty on a forum isn’t going to help. If you’re dropping $300+ on just a case then picking a new 280mm AIO is trivial in the overall, I’m assuming, $1500-$2000 build. (I’m personally switching to a Kraken X62).
Modding, sponsoring, times,... Not all is simply than you said.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
anyone thinking about modding their case? I'm thinking about trying to make a 120mm aio fit under the psu. the width of the sm580 is 154.94 and an evga 2080 hybrid has a radiator of 154. the thickness of the case will probably not let the radiator fit but im thinking if i cut one side of the bottom enough to slide the aio in. maybe a slim fan on top. I dunno. trying to get a 2 slot card so I can put a sound card in as well using bifurcation.

Can anyone recommend a 2080 (ti or super) that is 2 slots that doesnt have heat issues? i ordered vented panels for my sm580.