Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Does an iPhone user know if the phone is upside down or not?
I jest I jest...sorta... lol
I vote for giving some more time to compatibility testing instead of us all rushing ksliger to get them shipping asap.
Maybe it was a sign to wait until the front connectors came in that were running late.

To be fair, it's one brand that doesn't work, though unfortunately one of the more popular CLC brands. No different than when people tried the IDCOOLING IS-60, but it doesn't fit the 55mm space allowance.

Sliger was just trying to do us favor and release in time for Zen2. Can't blame him. He was communicative about the USB port issue, which some of us were willing to forego, me included. And he and fellow workers got sick, which really put him behind.

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
as for the front io connectors, on the sliger site it says that the 19 pin connector is recommended for ryzen. Why?
because most (maybe all) ryzen motherboards use the older 19 pin I believe, while many newer intels use the the 20 pin. Could always order both, then you are covered down the road. I love the modularity in ordering these cases, but it definately brings out the OCD in wanting to order every conceivable part I "might" need later.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Gigabyte x570 boards have them.
Not the ITX board. This is the 20 pin E-type USC-C 3.1 header:

This is the 19pin USB3 connector:

That's the male and female ends.

Every currently announced mini-ITX x570 board, and every existing B350, B450, X370, and X470 mini-ITX board lack the E-Type connector.

The Mini-DTX Asus Crosshair VIII Impact does have this connector.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Not the ITX board. This is the 20 pin E-type USC-C 3.1 header:

This is the 19pin USB3 connector:

That's the male and female ends.

Every currently announced mini-ITX x570 board, and every existing B350, B450, X370, and X470 mini-ITX board lack the E-Type connector.

The Mini-DTX Asus Crosshair VIII Impact does have this connector.

As you clarified, yep.

It's unfortunate, since there's room on the ITX boards. AMD and their space restrictions. I'd totally give up Sata ports for it.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Gigabyte x570 boards have them.
Yea they were not talking about the usb-c connector on the back of the board but the internal connector.
Doesn't the other option have both connector options? You can always just not use the other one for the time being.

Blizzbray

Efficiency Noob
Jul 22, 2019
Was really hoping the 580 would work with my older Corsair h110i. Will it have the same fitment issue as the h115i? If it can be fixed by adding slim fans underneath I may just go for it regardless. Love this case!

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Yea they were not talking about the usb-c connector on the back of the board but the internal connector.
Doesn't the other option have both connector options? You can always just not use the other one for the time being.

it may not be likely to happen for AM4 at all.

According to the specs for the X570 Master there is a front USB-C 3.2 header. So there are X570 boards that have them, just none of the MITX boards.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Was really hoping the 580 would work with my older Corsair h110i. Will it have the same fitment issue as the h115i? If it can be fixed by adding slim fans underneath I may just go for it regardless. Love this case!

The H110i will work as is. You won't run into fitment issues.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Thats great! I spent the last hour googling around and everyone seemed to think they were basically the same Rad. But if it fits shes gonna rip! Thanks man

About 6 pages back, the folks here said that the h110i has the same rounding of the edges as the NZXT x62, and the NZXT fits. The H115i won't fit because the edges are squared off.

Reactions: Reebzy

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
WE ARE HOLDING ALL SHIPMENTS / PRODUCTION FOR 48 HOURS (ALL SM MODELS)

This has turned into a disaster here as far as our shipment process. I can understand what Loque got into with falling behind and the orders do not stop coming in, and everything goes to hell. We cannot properly execute while trying to rush out orders while training new people - too many mistakes have happened. Leaving things out of orders, shipping wrong items, etc. that we cannot let continue to happen.

Sincere apologies to everyone who has not gotten tracking. If you would like to cancel let us know, but I am not going to ship wrong and rushed items going to you, that is unacceptable.

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018

This has turned into a disaster here as far as our shipment process. I can understand what Loque got into with falling behind and the orders do not stop coming in, and everything goes to hell. We cannot properly execute while trying to rush out orders while training new people - too many mistakes have happened. Leaving things out of orders, shipping wrong items, etc. that we cannot let continue to happen.

Sincere apologies to everyone who has not gotten tracking. If you would like to cancel let us know, but I am not going to ship wrong and rushed items going to you, that is unacceptable.

Man, I've been there. It's downright exhausting. Take as much time as you need. I've waited this long, I can wait a little more. ;)

Reactions: pwnedundies

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019

KSliger,

I think we're just happy you communicate with us. I'll happily wait longer.

It's almost a good problem to have. We love your design.

Last edited:

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Yeah, best to just slow down and get things right the first time otherwise you wind up making more work for yourself in the long run. Delays and slowdowns happen, I'll just echo what others have said and say that I appreciate the communication so we know whats going on and its not just radio silence.

And maybe at this point I'll get my Pslate cables in around the same time as the 580 comes in so I don't have to redo the cables!

Reactions: Alexnader

Megaman0025

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
as for the front io connectors, on the sliger site it says that the 19 pin connector is recommended for ryzen. Why?
I also am curious, i have an Intel 8700k on an MSI Z390 gaming edge, and i'm almost certain i do not have that extra little connector and only have the standard 19 pin - which contradicts the advice on the order page since i do not have a Ryzen setup. Can anyone chime in a confirm? I know orders are currently suspended, but was going to choose the single 19 pin option anyways even though i don't have Ryzen....