Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
My blood pressure is through the roof. Especially since I took off work today to get it.

Whoa. Is this for some professional project? Do you have a client waiting on this delivery? If it's for fun, make sure to relax and have fun with it. I too was hoping it would be released before the Jul 4 long weekend, but instead I just had a lovely weekend doing other things. If you're so stressed about waiting a few days for a case, maybe you need hobbies that have more instant gratification? Cooking is a good one.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@thoughtfix haha im not waiting for a case, a cpu. Already have a 550 and 560 case.
I have plenty of hobbies. Issue is, buying something that says it will ship on Monday, and paying 35 extra $ for it to do so and have it arrive Tuesday.
I don't think it's expecting insant gratification when you are told something, and pay for it.
The scheduled delivery is now Wed. We will see.
Again, not a sliger case. I edited the original post to state that. I just assumed people read all the posts beforehand.

Last edited:
Reactions: thoughtfix

Polski03

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
@thoughtfix haha im not waiting for a case, a cpu. Already have a 550 and 560 case.
I have plenty of hobbies. Issue is, buying something that says it will ship on Monday, and paying 35 extra $ for it to do so and have it arrive Tuesday.
I don't think it's expecting insant gratification when you are told something, and pay for it.
The scheduled delivery is now Wed. We will see.
Again, not a sliger case. I edited the original post to state that. I just assumed people read all the posts beforehand.
Do let us know what temps you get as people are reporting higher temps with the 3700x despite having a lower TDP.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Do let us know what temps you get as people are reporting higher temps with the 3700x despite having a lower TDP.

This appears to be one of the various early issues with the chips. Apparently when slotted into X570 boards they are drawing more power than advertised. I've heard that when they are slotted into X470 boards, however, they draw their rated level of power. This could be another issue with the early BIOS, but may also be due to the motherboards themselves. Sometimes board vendors will design the boards to trick the CPU's into thinking they are pulling less power than they are in order to make them draw above their set limit. This results in them "seemingly" getting really good overclocks at low voltages when in reality they aren't. This makes the motherboard appear to be better than its competition at overclocking. It's very possible that the X570 boards were designed to make full use of their broadly superior VRM's by pushing extra voltage into the chips. Less cynically, it could also just be a BIOS issue that will be fixed in the future.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Anandtech are re-doing their benchmarks with an updated bios. Apparently quite a few other reviewers were already using the updated bios.
I will be running on x470 so I should not have the issues.
I think we are going to find out that the extra power draw is somewhat normal with pcie4 and the x570 chipset.
After all, it requires a fan on the chipset for a reason.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Anandtech are re-doing their benchmarks with an updated bios. Apparently quite a few other reviewers were already using the updated bios.
I will be running on x470 so I should not have the issues.

I may see if there's any good Prime day deals on an X470 board when that rolls around. Though, I'm a bit concerned about using a 12 core on the older boards in an SFF case. Afraid I might literally be playing with fire.

Reactions: wsgroves

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Yea I totally get where you are coming from bio. I don't think I would be afraid to use a 12 core at stock speeds but it would give me pause to throw a 16 core in there.
edit. That being said, I have no intention to go above a 65 watt tdp chip in the 560. I had enough issues keeping the 2700x cool.
What more can I want really. a 2080Ti and a cpu cooler that fits in the palm of my hand. All while not being able to hear any of it sitting an arm length away.
Great case haha.

For those of you that use asus aisuite, and know how terrible it is, I use a piece of software called Argus Monitor to control the fans. The asus software will not let me assign the gpu as the main temperature source for the case fans. So I use that software to do so and to set fan curves without having to install 5 different asus versions before it decides to somewhat work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bioforce

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
techpowerup did a test of a 3900x on a cheap b350 board.
On heavy threadded apps with aio cooling, the cpu throttles a lot to attempt to keep the vrm temps in check. Not so much of an issue on air as it blows air over the vrm. Very interesting. The board they used only has a 4+2 phase vrm.
It didnt really have any issues with the noctura air cooler. It didnt throttle and max vrm temp was 108c, nothing to worry about.
the aio temps were a different story though. Reaching 138c and throttling the hell out of it.
It's a good article with the bottom line being, you can use a old board fine on these but dont use a aio unless you have some
secondary fan cooling.

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
Is it a requirement to buy the bottom fan adapter to install fans on the bottom?

It's not a requirement if you plan on running 120mm fans. It's mainly to mount the Asetek 645LT cleanly but still not a requirement if you'd prefer to get creative with your mounting. For example, I'm using washers against the fan grille while I wait for my fan adapter.

Reactions: Bioforce

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
Yea I totally get where you are coming from bio. I don't think I would be afraid to use a 12 core at stock speeds but it would give me pause to throw a 16 core in there.
edit. That being said, I have no intention to go above a 65 watt tdp chip in the 560. I had enough issues keeping the 2700x cool.
What more can I want really. a 2080Ti and a cpu cooler that fits in the palm of my hand. All while not being able to hear any of it sitting an arm length away.
Great case haha.

For those of you that use asus aisuite, and know how terrible it is, I use a piece of software called Argus Monitor to control the fans. The asus software will not let me assign the gpu as the main temperature source for the case fans. So I use that software to do so and to set fan curves without having to install 5 different asus versions before it decides to somewhat work.
Interesting, Is the strix generating that much heat that you want your case fan's tied to it's thermals? I usually set fan curves in BIOS/Afterburner for the GPU.

Amenothes

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2019
I did a bit of research regarding the upcoming/already there mini ITX motherboards, it appears Gigabyte is a bit stingy with its fan headers compared to Asus and Asrock (prices can hurt though): X570 itx comparison

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Interesting, Is the strix generating that much heat that you want your case fan's tied to it's thermals? I usually set fan curves in BIOS/Afterburner for the GPU.
No. I find that when they go by the cpu temp, they don't spin up lol. The cpu doesnt get hot compared to the gpu so it makes the gpu heat up more because the fans arent spinning fast enough to get rid of the gpu exhaust heat.

I thought the asus itx board was supposed to launch later. Around the 15th or so.
Seems like we cant have out cake and eat it too. The asrock i believe only has one m.2
It would be my purchase with its thunderbolt port but not with only one m.2

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
@wsgroves Ahh, I see, good point. I may have to look into it when my build fires up.
@KSliger Any chance of revealing the part number for the front case button? ???
Would love to see if I can change the LED color at some point.
P.S. My final vented panel should be arriving Thursday and then we'll be underway!