Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Good. I really don't have a need for the 580. I am happy with my quiet 560 but it's nice to know I can use the board from the 550 if need be.

Reactions: KSliger

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
FYI the 92mm adapter bracket for the SM550/SM560 is available, will get it up on the site when the 570/580 go up.

Email us if you'd like to get one early and we can Paypal it.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Posted over to /r/SFFPC as well to get thoughts from people over there.

I am leaning towards running a batch of these cases without the front panel board. This way we can move cases with or without the front panel, and people who want the front panel get it eventually.
Thanks! I chimed in requesting #2. No I/O for me. :)

Reactions: KSliger

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Can you do a hybrid of option one and two for US orders, please?

This is what we are going to do, enought people PMed / messaged / emailed / called me to request no IO it seemed to have enough demand.

Also will pull the SV590 launch date forward as part of this, since it doesn't take a front panel IO board.

butter_milch

Chassis Packer
Jun 20, 2019
Any chance we might be able to purchase a 550 or 560 without the front IO, too?

Also what’s the timeline on able to order custom colours?

Last edited:

CHRVM2YD

Case Bender
Jun 29, 2019
Hi people, I have a quick question about the side window of the SM series. Understand the window is not glass, but enhanced acrylic. Do you have any experience of how does the SM series acrylic compare to other acrylic side panel you see in cases in the market before tempered glass became popular? I currently have a Fractal Design Nano S. The side panel is acrylic and it kinda feel cheap.

Currently I am debating between the SM570 and the Sunmilo from Taobao. Sunmilo has TG and almost half the price, but I would imagine SM to have much better build quality.

Also, if I was to order the SM case online and ship outside of the US (I live in the UK), would I get a lower price due to tax deduction? Or would I be charged duty/tax twice from US and UK.

Thank you!

CHRVM2YD

Case Bender
Jun 29, 2019
@CHRVM2YD Optimum Tech comments on the quality of the acrylic side panel in his review of the SM550/560. From what I gather it's far ahead of the typical acrylic side panels we've known in the past.

Thanks - I have watched that review actually but still want to see if anyone has any first hand experience on the windowed acrylic side panel. I heard from Sliger on reddit that it is enhanced acrylic like the one you get in motorbike helmet. I have never owned a motorbike so not sure what it is like.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@CHRVM2YD You cant tell it is acrylic from looking at it really. At least I couldn't. You have to be careful as it can scratch and I think some of the people are crazy for carrying it around on a portable lan machine but that is just me haha.
Bottom line is, If you want a windowm I think you will like it and it's quality.

edit. Just replaced the psu. I will be surprised if that fixes it but I sure hope it does.
edit. Nope. Not the psu. Sigh. So...I have replaced every single part in the rig except the case and its frontpanel/wires and the usb extension cables for kb/m.
I'm gonna take it out of the surge protector and plug it directly into the wall. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
Question about the 570/580: If you're using an AIO for the top, what benefits do the bottom fans end up offering? I'd be interested in seeing the space savings if they weren't necessary. I assume it's just for VRM cooling, but not positive

Last edited:

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
@CHRVM2YD You cant tell it is acrylic from looking at it really. At least I couldn't. You have to be careful as it can scratch and I think some of the people are crazy for carrying it around on a portable lan machine but that is just me haha.
Bottom line is, If you want a windowm I think you will like it and it's quality.

edit. Just replaced the psu. I will be surprised if that fixes it but I sure hope it does.
edit. Nope. Not the psu. Sigh. So...I have replaced every single part in the rig except the case and its frontpanel/wires and the usb extension cables for kb/m.
I'm gonna take it out of the surge protector and plug it directly into the wall. This is ridiculous.

Maybe you got a bad power cable? Maybe try just using a standard one for a while with the panels off while testing?

nzilliox

Chassis Packer
Jun 30, 2019
Any timeframe for when the SM570/580 and SV590 will be available? This will be my first SFF build and I'm excited for it

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Email us I'll send you a replacement riser, only item that I imagine that could possibly cause lock ups.

Any timeframe for when the SM570/580 and SV590 will be available? This will be my first SFF build and I'm excited for it

Late this week!

Question about the 570/580: If you're using an AIO for the top, what benefits do the bottom fans end up offering? I'd be interested in seeing the space savings if they weren't necessary. I assume it's just for VRM cooling, but not positive

4x fans at lower RPM for a little less noise when an AIO is in the top.

When not using a 240mm or 280mm AIo in the top it's also possible to have 4x 3.5" HDD and still have fans.

On the 580 it makes it possible to have a 120mm AIO in top, one 2x HDD bracket in top, and the 120mm AIO bracket in the bottom front for 2x 120mm rad + 2x HDD build. In the SM570 it's also possible to do a 92mm AIO, 1x 120mm fan, and 4x 3.5" HDD when no AIO in the top.

Could be useful combinations to someone.

Would anyone be interested in an SSD bracket for mounting more than 2x 2.5" SSD/HDD in the case?

Anything else I should make a potential combination mounting bracket for?