Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
Sad, what it is not 139mm wide as is SM550 and 159mm wide as is SM560. Because best price/performance HWLabs rads will not fit.
And additional 8-9mm height (or moving MB plate 8mm lower) can be used for push/pull.

PSU rotation, cables to top also is not possible?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Sad, what it is not 139mm wide as is SM550 and 159mm wide as is SM560. Because best price/performance HWLabs rads will not fit.
And additional 8-9mm height (or moving MB plate 8mm lower) can be used for push/pull.

PSU rotation, cables to top also is not possible?

All AIO coolers fit in these dims, except the ones with pump blocks that are too tall. Size creep quickly gets out of control allowing a few more mm each direction. Wanted to stay under 14L and 16L as part of the design. PSU being able to flip made things too complicated for both mounting of the PSU and routing of the radiator hoses.

With the fans in the bottom you have effectively a push/push configuration if that helps. (Since there is very little other options for air to escape box except through the radiator.)

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
PSU being able to flip made things too complicated for both mounting of the PSU and routing of the radiator hoses.

PSU mount plate easy fit at the same screw holes. If all was as is on this picture, psu easy can be rotated.

Wanted to stay under 14L and 16L as part of the design
SM570 is same size as is Louqe Ghost with 3 top hats. Except length. ~330x140x287 and ~330x160x287 will be ideal, imho.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
With the fans in the bottom you have effectively a push/push configuration if that helps. (Since there is very little other options for air to escape box except through the radiator.)
It doesn't really work like that. With radiators you need static pressure right up against the fins in order to push air through effectively. Yes, you are adding air into the chassis with the bottom fans but because there is so much restriction on airflow through a radiator, that air is just as likely to leak out through cracks and gaps as it is the radiator.

As an aside, if folks really want to use the HWLabs radiators, the 240mm radiator should fit fine in the SM580, and its cooling performance should be as excellent as some poorer 280mm radiators such as the EK SE.

@KSliger based on the drawing of the top, it looks like there are some areas where a 280mm rad may lose airflow because of obstructions. Is there much in the way of the top of the case or is it just the perspective of the render messing with me?

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
If case will be big brother of smaller case and designed for watercool, it must oriented for custom loop with normal rads, not AIO's. I can use L series of 280 HWLabs rad, never mind. But luck of push/pull with 1.5cm gap between MB and fans for what. And 140x14-15mm fans is very very rare, and designed not for rads.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
We have a problem, and a work around!

Our front panel PCB company misunderstood our request to get the USB C and USB A to a single motherboard header (standard USB 3.0 motherboard header) for the new AMD motherboards, and still order more of the original front panel boards, and instead they produced no boards waiting on us to clarify.

Now we are not likely to have these front panel boards till late July. (25 days to produce)

As a contingency plan, would you be open to us shipping the case when it is ready on 7/8 without the front panel board, and then shipping you the front panel board when it is ready in a follow up shipment?

International shipments will not be eligible for this, international shipments would be delayed until the boards are in hand here in the US. Likely 8/1.

Alexnader

Trash Compacter
Jun 27, 2019

Our front panel PCB company misunderstood our request to get the USB C and USB A to a single motherboard header (standard USB 3.0 motherboard header) for the new AMD motherboards, and still order more of the original front panel boards, and instead they produced no boards waiting on us to clarify.

Now we are not likely to have these front panel boards till late July. (25 days to produce)

As a contingency plan, would you be open to us shipping the case when it is ready on 7/8 without the front panel board, and then shipping you the front panel board when it is ready in a follow up shipment?

International shipments will not be eligible for this, international shipments would be delayed until the boards are in hand here in the US. Likely 8/1.
I'm ready for whatever it takes to get my pro-order in ! This will be my first SSF build, and your SM580 is the only case that fits all my criteria in a case !

Reactions: Talyrius

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019

Not a problem to me. I can do the build log without the board and I won't be posting my final pictures until I get custom cables (which I cannot measure until I get the case and components installed) so we're looking at late July for that anyway.

Amenothes

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2019

Too bad as I'm an international customer, but I have a Streacom DA2 in the meantime... The 580 will take over right away, in august then.

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
We are planning a custom loop for the SM580 and are trying to decide between the slim 280mm radiators.

Here is what we are comparing. Sliger Designs confirmed that the GTS280 will not fit unfortunately. We don't have much experience with slim 280mm rads. What does the community recommend?

Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS280 (312*153*29.7), 16FPI
Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis LS280 (312*140*29.7), 16FPI
Magicool MC-RADI280 (323*145*29), 16mm fan spacing, 14FPI
Koolance HX-CU1402V (316*140*29.2), 20mm fan spacing, 30FPI
AlphaCool NexXxoS ST30 280 (319*144*30), 16FPI
Swiftech MCR240-QP (315.6*145.6*30.6), 12FPI
You have 72mm of free space for rad and fans...
I recommend Alphacool XT45-280... It is a furious cooling. I test first version with 2 rads and cooling near to 650 to 700W...

Only one of this do 200-300W cooling...

You can see mod here:
JP[UMX3]
I would like test X-Flow but are 334mm long and can't be install in SM580

Regards!!! ?

Reactions: Nanook

thewave1408

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2019
Is it possible to buy one of the older front panel connectors from the 550/560 with our 580? I’m one of those that would like the 3.2 header for the usb c front panel

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019

Just chiming in to say I’m also cool with this workaround.

thorcik

Chassis Packer
Jun 26, 2019
I'll wait as I need to ship it overseas (if I don't find anyone willing to act as a smuggler lol).

BTW: I found local company selling spray paints with full RAL palette coverage. So I guess I'll just order white and "modify" a little.

cmill

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2019

Yes yes yes, 1000 times yes!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Posted over to /r/SFFPC as well to get thoughts from people over there.

I am leaning towards running a batch of these cases without the front panel board. This way we can move cases with or without the front panel, and people who want the front panel get it eventually.