Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Wow! I'm glad you all like it! Everyone gives Noctua a hard time with their brown/beige color scheme, but I've always been a fan, and I'm glad that I maybe converted a few of you to the... brown siiiiiidyeeeaaaaahhhhhthatdoesn'treallywork.

Nice work! Would you mind sharing your template? No matter what state it might be in ;)

It's a combination of some really quick and sloppy Illustrator masks, and a layer or two in Photoshop to clean it up... it's not really in any condition to share, but if there's enough interest I could potentially make a decent one for people to mess around with. If @KSliger sent me one of the original high res photos (white preferably), I could make a pretty damn good one as long as people know how to use Photoshop.

Reactions: butter_milch

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Not quite as excited by that one. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the brown color of the vibration dampeners is the bigger turn-off of Noctua's color scheme.

I prefer the beige dominant version as well, but received several requests to see it reversed, and figured "why not?" They are both together in an album for anyone wanting to see both now, too. :)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I just don't wanna get sued by Noctua. Could reasonable do one color, but not both.
They don't make cases, I would figure as long as one doesn't use their trademark or anything it would be permissable. But I vote for that ivory color, it looks quite nice actually

Reactions: Bioforce

butter_milch

Chassis Packer
Jun 20, 2019
I just don't wanna get sued by Noctua. Could reasonable do one color, but not both.

I‘d argue that you simply produce whatever colour scheme your customer ordered. As long as you don‘t actively advertise the design...

You‘ll be getting a lot of orders which will make cases blend with colour schemes originally designed by other companies (Nvidia and AMD, just to name two).

A lot of custom cables for instance are made to fit in well with Noctua fans.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
It is a touchy subject for companies like Sliger. They have to do business with us, and also the companies. Got to be careful not to step on too many toes. You may need Noctura for something in the future. You have to think about those types of things.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018

Oh wow. That's weird to think that trademark law could be so touchy as to ding you over using two specific colors. If you make one red and blue, is Pepsi going to sue you? Better watch out for that C&D from Coke over the carmine red Cerberus with chromed feet. XD

That's unfortunate. that photoshop of it looked pretty nice.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
On a related note. I have a Cryorig C7 G coming. Should be the ultimate little cooler I hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sahaj

Mango

Trash Compacter
Apr 10, 2016
On a related note. I have a Cryorig C7 G coming. Should be the ultimate little cooler I hope.
Where did you order it from? Is it an official C7G or a graphene coated C7Cu that you can get from vendors on TaoBao? I've been checking near daily for official C7G availability.

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018
As we've already established, they're not the only ones using these colors for their products:

Looks like it would pair nicely with some beige and brown Sennheiser's as well.

Besides, they don't make computer cases (not competing) and they'd receive a lot of bad press from the PC hardware enthusiast community for being litigious towards a small company for embracing their unorthodox color scheme.

Last edited: