Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
With unpainted there will be an option to select that you would like a custom color.

Dude that is insanely cool! Is there a site or something I can go to browse colors? Or will there be a selector with a set bank of colors to choose from?

butter_milch

Chassis Packer
Jun 20, 2019
Anyone knows the RAL value of "Noctua brown"?

Good question, I just contacted Noctua since I too would like to know.

Imagine choosing a colour for your main line of products which is so incompatible with anything else your customers might use that they have to order custom parts in order to make things look nice ?

If I had one of the brown fans here I'd tell you but I only use the Redux version.

Amenothes

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2019
I've red it is RAL 8002 and RAL 1000/1015 from some people's statement online.

Not a guarantee it will look like the real thing though...

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Noctura looks fine in a white case. My opinion of course. I find that their particular shade of shit, or whatever it's called, actually doesn't look bad with rgb lights hitting it. Not as good as clear but not bad.

butter_milch

Chassis Packer
Jun 20, 2019
I just did some rough testing using Chrome's color picker on a Noctua product photo - by no means a perfect method but since there's only a limited number of options it's probably close enough.

rgb.to/hex can show you the nearest RAL colour for any given HEX code which is quite helpful.

RAL 8012 is very close to the brown which is used on the vibration dampeners.
RAL 1015 is very close to the fan case.

I created this image to visualize the similarity of the colours.

The exact colour of the fan blades is harder to pin-point on the photos so I went with five random picks.

Personally I'd probably go with RAL 8012 and RAL 1015 but I'd to a little more research on the matter beforehand ;)

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I just did some rough testing using Chrome's color picker on a Noctua product photo - by no means a perfect method but since there's only a limited number of options it's probably close enough.

rgb.to/hex can show you the nearest RAL colour for any given HEX code which is quite helpful.

The exact colour of the fan blades is harder to pin-point on the photos so I went with five random picks.

Personally I'd probably go with RAL 8012 and RAL 1015 but I'd to a little more research on the matter beforehand ;)
Honestly - I think a full Noctua case would be amazing. That light beige color honestly isn't that bad, it's the brown that I think bothers people. But brown as the accent color looks pretty nice. My wife is an interior designer so I'll have to get her opinion ?

Reactions: butter_milch

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018

At first, I wasn't a "fan" of the Noctua color scheme, but, honestly, it's kind of grown on me (My System). I actually think their color scheme is marketing genius--when you see the brown/tan fans in a computer build, you instantly know the brand!

As a matter of fact, my first car (a 1978 Toyota Celica GT ) was Noctua-brown, come to think of it. ;)

butter_milch

Chassis Packer
Jun 20, 2019
Noctua got back to me - what a fast bunch!

They use the Pantone Matching System for their colors. Here's what they translate to when you use e-paint.co.uk.

Color Name/ModelPantone Code(Closest ) RAL Classic Code
Standard Models
Fan483C3009 (Click for comparison)
Frame2309C1015 (Click for comparison)
Redux Models
Fan431C7031 (Click for comparison)
Frame427C7047 (Click for comparison)
Chromax Models
Red200CNo match found
Blue19-4050 TPXNo match found
Green18-6030 TPXNo match found
Yellow108CNo match found

So according to this site the dark brown is neither 8002 nor 8015 but 3009. And the beige doesn't really convert all too well IMHO but it's probably different in person.

butter_milch

Chassis Packer
Jun 20, 2019
Honestly - I think a full Noctua case would be amazing. That light beige color honestly isn't that bad, it's the brown that I think bothers people. But brown as the accent color looks pretty nice. My wife is an interior designer so I'll have to get her opinion ?

I don't mean to hate on Noctua - they make the best fans around. And I do understand the value of setting yourself apart from the competition which is exactly what they have done - few fans are that recognizable.

As of now I'm glad that they have their Redux line-up but with the possibility of an all-brown case with matching fans I'd opt for the brown color scheme in a heart beat!