Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Hmmm... well I was all set to pull the trigger on a Cerberus X but looking at the images of the SM580 and hearing that it'll be able to support 3.5 inch hard drives via bracket has me back to square one in wait and see mode. Decisions, decisions!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@KSliger I love the work you're doing on the SM580! It's a little big for what I need, so I did some quick Photoshop edits on your SM550 web pics and wondered if something like this could be had with your panels?

I'm not fully against the more angular panels, and recall you saying that was to help with panel alignments back during the development process, but wanted to ask anyways since it makes it closer to a mini Cerberus... and I've always loved the look of that case.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
What case colors will the 580 support at preorder? Can I put in a request for something more fun than black or white? ?
I'm assuming probably the standard, white, black and grey... I think maybe in one of the SFF reddit posts, KSliger mentioned maybe doing limited quantities of special colors like red, silver and so on, which I would love.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger I love the work you're doing on the SM580! It's a little big for what I need, so I did some quick Photoshop edits on your SM550 web pics and wondered if something like this could be had with your panels?

I'm not fully against the more angular panels, and recall you saying that was to help with panel alignments back during the development process, but wanted to ask anyways since it makes it closer to a mini Cerberus... and I've always loved the look of that case.

I originally had it like that but it felt kinda plain. Will see how the SM570 / SM580 goes over and might change the 550/560 to the same style.

What case colors will the 580 support at preorder? Can I put in a request for something more fun than black or white? ?

To make launch go as smoothly as possible we are going to have Black, Grey, White, and Unpainted. With unpainted there will be an option to select that you would like a custom color.

He was discussing doing a special edition of Noctua shit brown

I really want to but their color is not available.

Does SM570 also can handle pump/res combo under top rad as is SM580?

No, little too narrow, but I am sure someone will figure out how to fit one in.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
If SM570 is 135mm wide and SM580 is 155mm wide, how it fits HWLabs The Black Ice Nemesis 240GTS / 280GTS? Because they are 133mm and 153 mm wide.
And what about psu upside down (connectors to the top) mount option?

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
If SM570 is 135mm wide and SM580 is 155mm wide, how it fits HWLabs The Black Ice Nemesis 240GTS / 280GTS? Because they are 133mm and 153 mm wide.
According to the Imgur album earlier, the maximum radiator width supported on the SM580 is 150mm, so the HWLabs rads are out. Checked on this a while back, because consensus seems to be these are the best 30mm thick radiators, but maybe they are that good because of how wide they are. :) You could use the 240mm rad in the SM580 but you need to go with a different brand on the SM570, unless Sliger's changed dimensions (which he said he hasn't).

Careful with the vrm's with that thing. Usually a fan alone doesn't cut it. It could but I would be careful.
I bought a FrostFlow 120VGA from ID Cooling, which is the exact same GPU Block + Fan and it comes with little heatsinks and thermal tape for the memory chips, but nothing extra for the VRM. That said, in a case with two 120mm bottom fans blowing up into a radiator with 2 more fans, I think that'll be enough airflow across the VRMs. Depending on the card, however! It works fine on an EVGA 1080 FTW2.

dKenGuru

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 2, 2019
dken.guru
According to the Imgur album earlier, the maximum radiator width supported on the SM580 is 150mm, so the HWLabs rads are out.
But SM580 is 155 or 160 mm wide (in first post it is 155, on images it's 160). And for HWLabs is need more 1.5mm from each side. May be it is fits is somehow.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
@skanRkd
I have also said many times that I don't know about a radiator up top as it will be getting a sheet load of heat from a non-blower gpu like you have suggested.

I'm considering testing my setup with the airflow direction inverted. Cool air in through the radiator and then exhausted out the bottom. I've seen testing on another case that showed using the CPU AIO as intake didn't really have much impact on the GPU, whereas using it as exhaust had a huge impact on the CPU temps.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmill

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
According to the Imgur album earlier, the maximum radiator width supported on the SM580 is 150mm, so the HWLabs rads are out. Checked on this a while back, because consensus seems to be these are the best 30mm thick radiators, but maybe they are that good because of how wide they are. :) You could use the 240mm rad in the SM580 but you need to go with a different brand on the SM570, unless Sliger's changed dimensions (which he said he hasn't).

I bought a FrostFlow 120VGA from ID Cooling, which is the exact same GPU Block + Fan and it comes with little heatsinks and thermal tape for the memory chips, but nothing extra for the VRM. That said, in a case with two 120mm bottom fans blowing up into a radiator with 2 more fans, I think that'll be enough airflow across the VRMs. Depending on the card, however! It works fine on an EVGA 1080 FTW2.
Yea I have some exp with that stuff too. It really comes down to how good the vrm's are built up on the card. I did it to my 980 sli setup. They didnt love it haha.

@Bioforce I can state the exact opposite. I did that in the InWin A1 and it destroyed my gpu temps. It did cool the cpu a lot better but i'll take a hot cpu over gpu any day.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
i'll take a hot cpu over gpu any day.

Oh I fully agree. Granted, the testing I saw was from one particular case, and I don't even recall what case it was. Either way I'm still curious to see how the SM580 reacts. I plan to try it both ways and see what happens.

cmill

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2019
I'm considering testing my setup with the airflow direction inverted. Cool air in through the radiator and then exhausted out the bottom. I've seen testing on another case that showed using the CPU AIO as intake didn't really have much impact on the GPU, whereas using it as exhaust had a huge impact on the CPU temps.

That's a great thought and something I may try myself. My CPU typically under normal load is averaging 35C or less with my 280mm AIO. My AIO basically feels like it's room temperature to the touch.

I'd much rather blow almost ambient air over my GPU than fairly hot air over my CPU.

Reactions: Bioforce

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
Anyone considering the Top Filter (edit: for the SM550) from Demcifilter, I'd say pass. It's so much larger than the vents on the case, and sits on top of the case rather than on the vents (yes that could constrict flow, but I'd rather have the filter be flush with the rest of the case than raised above).

Bottom filter is awesome though. I'll probably end up only using that one.

edit: Outer length is 292mm when I'd probably prefer it to be 254mm. No way I'll use the top filter in it's current shape, time to get creative with an xacto knife :)

Last edited:
Reactions: xSDMx