Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I know in the text of the Imgur album you mentioned that you could fit radiators of a maximum of 150mm in width, but it isn't mentioned the maximum length. There's an indication that the PCIe slot can be up to 327mm in length, but I don't know if that's completely accurate to the radiator slot or if there's some other obstruction (likely) above that limits radiator length.

I suppose instead of asking 20 questions I'll just lay out my challenge: I'm trying to do a full custom loop in the case with a 280mm radiator and struggling on how to fit the pump and res. If indeed you can fit something like this pump/res combo horizontally without interfering with the GPU, then that may be the only option. I see there are tube holes on the back but other than something like the Eiswand (enormous standalone external rad/pump combo unit), I'm not sure how to use them. Can you fit a pump on the outside while having the hoses go through those holes?

Otherwise I'm thinking maybe something like the Eisbaer LT pump/block combo (because the Apogee Drive II is 5mm too tall according to the 55mm cooler height limit) plus a GPU block and a 280mm crossflow radiator at the top, but the Alphacool crossflow radiators (which have top-facing fill ports) are 334mm long so I worry it won't fit.

It's my first time doing an open loop, and so doing it for the first time in a small case probably doesn't help, but any advice you can give (or anyone can give) would be helpful.

There's a total of 328mm of length internal the case, relevant to both GPU and radiator. This was to be able to fit things like EK Vadar 280mm, or 2x 120mm radiators. The Alphcool 280 Crossflow is too big, but the 240 version will fit.

There is space above the GPU for the pump res combo, a lot of room if you do not use a fan on the front of the radiator at top. There should be plenty of airflow through the radiator from the bottom fans.

I will try and get a 3D layout of a few possible custom loops done next week, buried right now.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
There's a total of 328mm of length internal the case, relevant to both GPU and radiator. This was to be able to fit things like EK Vadar 280mm, or 2x 120mm radiators. The Alphcool 280 Crossflow is too big, but the 240 version will fit.

There is space above the GPU for the pump res combo, a lot of room if you do not use a fan on the front of the radiator at top. There should be plenty of airflow through the radiator from the bottom fans.

I will try and get a 3D layout of a few possible custom loops done next week, buried right now.
I appreciate it! Thanks very much for all your community engagement.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
BAD NEWS: price on the SM cases had to be increased due to tariffs on the risers and front panel boards (cannot find a supplier outside of China for these) and the % requirement that NewEgg will take.

SM550 is now $219

SM560 is now $229

SM570 will be $259

SM580 will be $269

GOOD NEWS: FREE US SHIPPING (and international rates should be substantially cheaper!)

Example shipment to UK for an SM560 decreased from $54 shipping to $21.

UPS should be an option for international customers shortly as well.
Could you just get rid of the front I/O to decrease the cost or at least make it an option?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Could you just get rid of the front I/O to decrease the cost or at least make it an option?

With the way it is cutout into the metal I don't have a way to make it an option. I took a vote here and on reddit and people seemed to be willing to pay for it vs not having it. Hopefully after G20 some sort of resolution is reached and we can reduce the price.

Most of the price increase is the PCIe riser tariff though, those are ~3x as much as the IO board.

Reactions: pwnedundies

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
No room for dual radiator? - thought that was the way you wanted to go for sm580 :)

It is possible to put a radiator in the bottom and use the fans on the top radiator to pull air through the bottom rad and exhaust out the top rad.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
It is possible to put a radiator in the bottom and use the fans on the top radiator to pull air through the bottom rad and exhaust out the top rad.

Is there anything that would prevent someone from using a 280mm rad in the bottom when using this setup? Dual 280's could be pretty impressive in a 16.5 liter build, even if one of them needs to be passive.

Reactions: shipper

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Is there anything that would prevent someone from using a 280mm rad in the bottom when using this setup? Dual 280's could be pretty impressive in a 16.5 liter build, even if one of them needs to be passive.

I am not able to wiggle my 280mm into the bottom, but I did get a 240mm down there with ease. Then again I was not able to get a 140mm fan in the bottom of the SM560, and everyone else seems to be able to do it.

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
580 is a great looking case! I'd be interested to see the choices of panels ... top, sides? Side solid, top perforated like the current one on the Cerberus?

If I was able to throw in my two cents, I'd be interested in a version with just the power button on a perforated top, and no I/O ... just a simplistic looking case.

I know there is probably a place with specs/sizes listed ... but Is there a chance to see some side by side photos of the 580 and Cerberus for size comparison?

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@iksretep I believe the only panels on launch are windowed, for now. There was a poll here and reddit about the I/O and people voted that for the price, just keep it.
There was a photo I believe of some of the cases side by side here somewhere in this thread. Don't know what post number however.