Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

vseddie

Cable Smoosher
Apr 15, 2018
Is the asetek 645 LT bracket still coming?
I hope so. Supposedly the 3950X is 105w TDP which is what the 2700X is rated at and people run that in the Dan A4 just fine with the 92mm AIO. If the benchmarks are good I may have to downsize from my Cerberus and stick my 2080ti ftw3 into the SM560 and swap my 9900k for an AMD lol.

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
I hopped on this forum just to join this thread. I've been talking to Sliger over Email and reddit for a couple months and have a build planned. The 9700k and 1080 Ti FTW3 already are on AIO coolers on a suffocating Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX which is too fat for my living room TV space, so I am slimming down.

The special part of this build: A 9700k and 1080 ti would suffer on a single 240mm slim radiator but there's not enough room on the bottom for another rad/fan combo. Instead of adding more fans to the bottom, I am going to add a second radiator WITHOUT FANS on the bottom and let the static pressure through the case pull (or perhaps push) air through it. Won't be as efficient as having fans attached, but would be far better than having just fans down there. The heat generated from a single 240mm radiator won't be enough to destroy the efficacy of the second radiator because the air simply won't get hot enough. The delta-T between the water temperature and the air temperature will still be enough to pull a significant (or at least significant ENOUGH) amount of heat through the passive radiator.

This was inspired in part by the Corsair One, which uses a single top fan to pull air through two side-mounted fanless radiators. I just have to make sure there isn't enough air loss through back panels. 3D printing might need to happen to help with this.

I have my parts all ready and can create a new thread once the case is in my hands. Going to include a build log, temp tests, differences between "push" and "pull" on the top fans, thermal photos with FLIR, and whatever measurements I take while experimenting. If I can find a slim 120mm AIO for my CPU without buying retail, I'll include the differences between AIO and custom water. The AIO on my CPU is an H80i v2, so it'll be too fat. If I have to 3D print anything, I'll include the STLs. This is for living room VR, so I will probably mod in a front DisplayPort when the Valve Index arrives this fall.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I hopped on this forum just to join this thread. I've been talking to Sliger over Email and reddit for a couple months and have a build planned. The 9700k and 1080 Ti FTW3 already are on AIO coolers on a suffocating Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX which is too fat for my living room TV space, so I am slimming down.

The special part of this build: A 9700k and 1080 ti would suffer on a single 240mm slim radiator but there's not enough room on the bottom for another rad/fan combo. Instead of adding more fans to the bottom, I am going to add a second radiator WITHOUT FANS on the bottom and let the static pressure through the case pull (or perhaps push) air through it. Won't be as efficient as having fans attached, but would be far better than having just fans down there. The heat generated from a single 240mm radiator won't be enough to destroy the efficacy of the second radiator because the air simply won't get hot enough. The delta-T between the water temperature and the air temperature will still be enough to pull a significant (or at least significant ENOUGH) amount of heat through the passive radiator.

This was inspired in part by the Corsair One, which uses a single top fan to pull air through two side-mounted fanless radiators. I just have to make sure there isn't enough air loss through back panels. 3D printing might need to happen to help with this.

I have my parts all ready and can create a new thread once the case is in my hands. Going to include a build log, temp tests, differences between "push" and "pull" on the top fans, thermal photos with FLIR, and whatever measurements I take while experimenting. If I can find a slim 120mm AIO for my CPU without buying retail, I'll include the differences between AIO and custom water. The AIO on my CPU is an H80i v2, so it'll be too fat. If I have to 3D print anything, I'll include the STLs. This is for living room VR, so I will probably mod in a front DisplayPort when the Valve Index arrives this fall.

An interesting idea. I'll be looking forward to seeing your results. To be clear, your intention is to do this in an SM570 with both radiators being 240mm?

Reactions: thoughtfix

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
An interesting idea. I'll be looking forward to seeing your results. To be clear, your intention is to do this in an SM570 with both radiators being 240mm?

Yes. One on the top with fans and one on the bottom without. A cool part about that is that the radiators would easily/cleanly route water from one side of the sandwich to the other.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
?????
You're adding a 120mm AIO side mount like Dan A4 used to have?

@KSliger will the 120mm AIO mount be compatible with the first batch for the early adopters?

Any chance you could provide a printable template for those of us who want to be adventurous?

This is a good idea, I will make one available to help you and the above posts.

Is the asetek 645 LT bracket still coming?

I hope so. Supposedly the 3950X is 105w TDP which is what the 2700X is rated at and people run that in the Dan A4 just fine with the 92mm AIO. If the benchmarks are good I may have to downsize from my Cerberus and stick my 2080ti ftw3 into the SM560 and swap my 9900k for an AMD lol.

Yes, should have it available this week!

I look forward to seeing this test!

Navy8or

Caliper Novice
May 9, 2019

Do you have the Zotac 1080Ti mini? That's the card I have and I'm looking at cooling options for it since it runs hot. I was thinking about going with the new Ryzen 3700X at 65W TDP. Might not need the second radiator with that. I'll be interested to see what you come up with

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@Navy8or I will be sticking with a 65w part as well. They are just too easy to cool and allow you to stick with the small cooler options like the Noctura L9a etc.

Navy8or

Caliper Novice
May 9, 2019
No - I am using probably the biggest card I could find: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3. It's huge. Probably doesn't belong in SFF, which is part of the fun.

Oh I see now, I was looking at your GPU block and thought it looked pretty small. Now I see it extends farther. Thanks!

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
All the dimensions are still the same, just the front edges are angled like SM550/560.
I know in the text of the Imgur album you mentioned that you could fit radiators of a maximum of 150mm in width, but it isn't mentioned the maximum length. There's an indication that the PCIe slot can be up to 327mm in length, but I don't know if that's completely accurate to the radiator slot or if there's some other obstruction (likely) above that limits radiator length.

I suppose instead of asking 20 questions I'll just lay out my challenge: I'm trying to do a full custom loop in the case with a 280mm radiator and struggling on how to fit the pump and res. If indeed you can fit something like this pump/res combo horizontally without interfering with the GPU, then that may be the only option. I see there are tube holes on the back but other than something like the Eiswand (enormous standalone external rad/pump combo unit), I'm not sure how to use them. Can you fit a pump on the outside while having the hoses go through those holes?

Otherwise I'm thinking maybe something like the Eisbaer LT pump/block combo (because the Apogee Drive II is 5mm too tall according to the 55mm cooler height limit) plus a GPU block and a 280mm crossflow radiator at the top, but the Alphacool crossflow radiators (which have top-facing fill ports) are 334mm long so I worry it won't fit.

It's my first time doing an open loop, and so doing it for the first time in a small case probably doesn't help, but any advice you can give (or anyone can give) would be helpful.