Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
@KSliger I was going through some of the builds with this case and I noticed something alarming (at least to my ocd) about the case. it seems that the way the pushpin of the panels are welded/pressed(?) into the panel itself are showing through the panel? please zoom in on the picture to see what I'm talking about. there seems to be a circular depression around the location of the pushpin.

may I know if this is the case (no pun intended) for every case so far? or is it a one-off defect? more importantly for me, does this happen to the Cerberus as well?

Reactions: Talyrius and Sahaj

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I'm pretty excited to get my hands on a 580. I'm expecting to run a 2080 Ti XC Ultra and whatever AMD's top end Ryzen 3 chip is. Bought a BeQuiet Silent Loop 280 for the CPU, so it should be just fine, but I'm anxious to see how my 2080 Ti holds up. I'm expecting to run it with acrylic on both sides, so I hope the 4 140mm fans move enough air across it to get that heat out of the case.

Packing that much power and cooling potential into such a small case is gonna be great though. A friend of mine bought a 20L pre-built that only has one case fan, a lo-pro cpu cooler with 92mm fan, and a blower GPU. Gonna have to show mine off to him ;) .

Reactions: KSliger and rjeftw

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
No doubt the 580 will be awesome and open up quite a few additional possibilities. I'll have to see what it looks like though as going up to that size opens up additional options as well. I like the little shoe-box size of the 550/60.
I already have the Ncase M1 and the InWin A1. Just something about this little guy though haha.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger I was going through some of the builds with this case and I noticed something alarming (at least to my ocd) about the case. it seems that the way the pushpin of the panels are welded/pressed(?) into the panel itself are showing through the panel? please zoom in on the picture to see what I'm talking about. there seems to be a circular depression around the location of the pushpin.

may I know if this is the case (no pun intended) for every case so far? or is it a one-off defect? more importantly for me, does this happen to the Cerberus as well?

I will talk to our deburr team, these should be sanded enough to not really notice.

PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Reactions: Talyrius and Sahaj

Luminair

Chassis Packer
Mar 7, 2018
They're in South Africa so unfortunately that is their price. In the future we will probably buy the filters in bulk to ship them out from our US location and our EU distributor.

For what it's worth, at least their shipping is absurdly fast!

Thatoe

Cable Smoosher
Sep 15, 2018
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Would it make sense to get vented panel for the GPU side and leave the stock fans on, with acrylic panel on the motherboard side while semi-passively cooling the CPU?

Also, is the acrylic panel suitable for air travel? I have the Wallye Tactik Duffle to carry on.

Thanks.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Would it make sense to get vented panel for the GPU side and leave the stock fans on, with acrylic panel on the motherboard side while semi-passively cooling the CPU?

Also, is the acrylic panel suitable for air travel? I have the Wallye Tactik Duffle to carry on.

Thanks.

Probably depends on on the GPU and how much static pressure its going to be able to generate to pull air through the side panel. It shouldn't dramatically affect the CPU cooling side since they are pretty isolated in the sandwich design.

When you say suitable, are you referring to if their going to crack/break or are you worried about scratches? I wouldn't be too concerned about the former since most acrylic, particularly the strengthened kind that they use on these, is pretty resilient, but they can still scratch. If you plan on traveling with it a lot, i might wrap it in a little bubble wrap or something i just be safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thatoe and wsgroves

Thatoe

Cable Smoosher
Sep 15, 2018
Probably depends on on the GPU and how much static pressure its going to be able to generate to pull air through the side panel. It shouldn't dramatically affect the CPU cooling side since they are pretty isolated in the sandwich design.

When you say suitable, are you referring to if their going to crack/break or are you worried about scratches? I wouldn't be too concerned about the former since most acrylic, particularly the strengthened kind that they use on these, but they can still scratch. If you plan on traveling with it a lot, i might wrap it in a little bubble wrap or something i just be safe.

Thanks for the reply. Currently considering the big 2080 Ti XC Ultra in the SM560. I could go with an unvented panel too if it's a better idea. Just not window because I'm not a fan of how this GPU looks without the shroud.

and yes, I do mean cracking. The duffle bag I mentioned has plenty of cushion inside too. As for scratches, I suppose I can just put a layer of panel on the panel before travelling.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Check out @wsgroves post #659 on this thread. He has a Strix 2080 Ti and it seems to run pretty hot without dialing the power down. I'd be inclined to try the XC Ultra with the fans first given the data i've seen thus far.

Acrylic is better suited to travel than tempered glass in that regard for sure.

Reactions: Sahaj and Thatoe

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
The acrylic they use wont break but it will scratch easy, hence the warning label attached to them upon first opening the package. I'm not one to recommend different brands but I would check out reviews of a few Ti models before deciding. Keep in mind that particular model has 3 actual prongs for triple slot.
As @Allhopeforhumanity stated, the Strix has one of the best heat sinks and it still runs toasty. I just ran Metro for an hour at 80% power target with 1300 rpm speed at it was hitting 86c with real low clocks in the 1300+ range.
Granted, it was quiet at that rpm but that is a big performance loss.
I reckon I will try it with max fan speed and then with the fans back on the heat-sink in the 560 case.

Don't be discouraged yet though with these findings. Still more tweaking to be done and my 2700x only hit 67c'ish in Metro with that little fan help.
Either way though, some type of concession will have to be made somewhere. If it is noise, or heat, or whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thatoe

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Currently considering the big 2080 Ti XC Ultra in the SM560. I could go with an unvented panel too if it's a better idea. Just not window because I'm not a fan of how this GPU looks without the shroud.

and yes, I do mean cracking. The duffle bag I mentioned has plenty of cushion inside too. As for scratches, I suppose I can just put a layer of panel on the panel before travelling.

From what @KSliger said before, the acrylic is the same stuff they use for motorcycle visors and stuff so it's pretty crack resistant.

Reactions: Sahaj and Thatoe

Thatoe

Cable Smoosher
Sep 15, 2018
The acrylic they use wont break but it will scratch easy, hence the warning label attached to them upon first opening the package. I'm not one to recommend different brands but I would check out reviews of a few Ti models before deciding. Keep in mind that particular model has 3 actual prongs for triple slot.
As @Allhopeforhumanity stated, the Strix has one of the best heat sinks and it still runs toasty. I just ran Metro for an hour at 80% power target with 1300 rpm speed at it was hitting 86c with real low clocks in the 1300+ range.
Granted, it was quiet at that rpm but that is a big performance loss.

Thanks. I already have the EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra. Considering this case because of the interesting cooling solution, support for 3 slot and that white and black look.

Last edited:

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
@Allhopeforhumanity I have debated getting a very very slight Tint applied to mine. That way, the Tint would scratch and not the actual case.

That's a decent option too, I got a tinted coating for one of my paintball masks to double as glare mitigation and scratch protection. Worked pretty good in both regards when I still had time to play haha.

Those wraps work pretty good and come out smooth on flat surfaces if tint isn't your jam though.

Reactions: Sahaj and wsgroves