Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Mine just arrived today too!! :)

Anybody have a coupon for demcifilter? I just want their SM550 bottom $10 filter and they want $14 on top of that to ship a small flat filter....?

That's the same thing that kept me from ordering...I don't want to spend more on shipping than on the cost of the item itself, for a <1lb, super thin item that could easily be put in a flat rate envelope...

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger I assume those are in the right position....the fans, correct?

Yes, picture does not make the interference obvious though.

Does that fan have the blades all the way through the 25mm of thickness? Might be designed for mounting as a push configuration on a radiator, so blades hit on other side.

I would try and just lightly push the venting out to get it off the fan, or could try one of those rubber fan grommets/gaskets.

Sorry not much help on this, gathered up every fan I have in the building to see if any hit and none do.

Reactions: Sahaj and wsgroves

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
Yes to mounts on the upper rear face for external reservoir or pump, also will come with mount points for a D5 pump or pump/res inside the case above the GPU in the front.

Keeping the flat front. Think with the window and the edge cuts it will not look too bad with the boring flat front at these proportions.

I mainly don't want the whole product line to look identical to Cerberus. Trying to mix it up as a statement of that we're capable of more than one look.
that's great to hear! i understand your decision for the design direction :)

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Starting to plan custom WC loop and just wanted to check something:
With a 240mm EK Phoenix radiator unit, do you know if there is space between the top of the motherboard and the radiator to allow for 10/12 PETG tubing to be routed over the top and to the GPU?

I'm assuming there is a decent gap there since the radiator will always have one port exiting on the back side anyway, just wanting to confirm so I can plan the route of the tube.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Starting to plan custom WC loop and just wanted to check something:
With a 240mm EK Phoenix radiator unit, do you know if there is space between the top of the motherboard and the radiator to allow for 10/12 PETG tubing to be routed over the top and to the GPU?

I'm assuming there is a decent gap there since the radiator will always have one port exiting on the back side anyway, just wanting to confirm so I can plan the route of the tube.

Right now there is a 72mm between radiator bracket and top of the motherboard:

If you're up for case modding there is ~80mm of vertical space available with the bracket that hangs the radiator removed.

EDIT: That top 327mm dimension isn't to the right line, it's 330mm total length.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Okay, so the 68mm Phoenix will probably require me to go under the PSU. Good to know, don't fancy modding haha thanks for the helpful image

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
@KSliger on the 570/580 how much room is going to be on the bottom... mainly looking at radiator space.... here's to hoping the HWLabs GTS rads fit top and bottom!

Reactions: Sahaj

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
Right now there is a 72mm between radiator bracket and top of the motherboard:

If you're up for case modding there is ~80mm of vertical space available with the bracket that hangs the radiator removed.

EDIT: That top 327mm dimension isn't to the right line, it's 330mm total length.

Also, thank you for the that photo with all the dimensions top side!

Reactions: Bioforce

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I was able to build in the SM550 late last night. I forgot to take pictures, but I will take and post pictures later.

Here are my parts:
  • SM550 with full window panels
  • i9-9900K
  • Scythe Big Shuriken 3, minus fan
  • Asrock Phantom ITX Z390
  • Crucial 32gb VLP ram
  • EVGA 2080ti XC, intact
  • Corsair SF750 Platinum
  • 2x NF-A12x25
  • One M.2 drive, and one SSD
In putting the build together, I love being able to access components from all sides. I didn’t realize that the top panel was removable at first, and took quite some time trying to shimmy the motherboard into its space around the PSU bracket and the bottom fans. Once I pulled up the online manual, things went much more smoothly.

I was most curious with the case fan only setup. I didn’t get a chance to remove the fans from the 2080ti yet.

I ran two very short tests:

Test #1
  • 9900k OC set to 215w power limit, unlimited boost time, -3AVX, 5ghz all cores
  • Ram locked at 2666, everything ram related is set to auto
  • Prime95 small FFT
  • Case fans at 100%
  • Temps shoot up to 102C, and continue to rise
  • I stopped the torture test after 3 seconds

Test #2
  • 9900k set to 130w short term boost, 95w long term boost, everything else auto
  • Prime95 small FFT
  • Case fans at 100%
  • Temps was at 81c during long term boost at around 10 minutes, but slowly creep up. I didn’t give it more time to record temperature.
I didn’t test GPU yet, but I will check temps when I fire up some games. I predict the 2080 ti XC non-ultra to run at mid-high 70s with the acrylic panel. I also realized that the PCIe riser was blocking most of the vents above the CPU chamber, and trapping hot air. I'll open it up tonight and try to put more of the riser cable to the GPU chamber.

My initial thoughts (not conclusion as my tests were super brief) are that the case fans only set up works, even on a “Intel stock setting” 9900K. My main workload / gaming won’t tax the CPU as much as Prime95. I do run long Keyshot render queues on my 9900K sometimes, so ultimately I will switch back to a larger cooler (larger case)? My vented panels should be here next week, so I will conduct more test then. In the mean time, I will track performance for my day-to-day tasks and playing Division 2.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I was able to build in the SM550 late last night. I forgot to take pictures, but I will take and post pictures later.

Here are my parts:
  • SM550 with full window panels
  • i9-9900K
  • Scythe Big Shuriken 3, minus fan
  • Asrock Phantom ITX Z390
  • Crucial 32gb VLP ram
  • EVGA 2080ti XC, intact
  • Corsair SF750 Platinum
  • 2x NF-A12x25
  • One M.2 drive, and one SSD
In putting the build together, I love being able to access components from all sides. I didn’t realize that the top panel was removable at first, and took quite some time trying to shimmy the motherboard into its space around the PSU bracket and the bottom fans. Once I pulled up the online manual, things went much more smoothly.

I was most curious with the case fan only setup. I didn’t get a chance to remove the fans from the 2080ti yet.

I ran two very short tests:

Test #1
  • 9900k OC set to 215w power limit, unlimited boost time, -3AVX, 5ghz all cores
  • Prime95 small FFT
  • Case fans at 100%
  • Temps shoot up to 102C, and continue to rise
  • I stopped the torture test after 3 seconds

Test #2
  • 9900k set to 130w short term boost, 95w long term boost, everything else auto
  • Prime95 small FFT
  • Case fans at 100%
  • Temps was at 81c during long term boost at around 10 minutes, but slowly creep up. I didn’t give it more time to record temperature.
I didn’t test GPU yet.

My initial thoughts (not conclusion as my tests were super brief) are that the case fans only set up works, even on a “Intel stock setting” 9900K. My main workload / gaming won’t tax the CPU as much as Prime95. I do run long Keyshot render queues on my 9900K sometimes, so ultimately I will switch back to a larger cooler (larger case)? My vented panels should be here next week, so I will conduct more test then. In the mean time, I will track performance for my day-to-day tasks and playing Division 2.

Thanks for the post, looking forward to the pics. What are your thoughts on the BS3? Hopefully you will test it with a fan installed after you switch cases.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Thanks for the post, looking forward to the pics. What are your thoughts on the BS3? Hopefully you will test it with a fan installed after you switch cases.
The BS3 looks great! It performs very well for its height. I can try to run the it with the fan on, and side panel off for a quick test.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
How was the noise level of the NF-A12x25 with them at max RPMs? The 9900K runs notoriously fast, so if the BS3 was able to keep it cool passively that sounds very impressive for the overall thermal performance of these configurations.

Reactions: Nanook

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
How was the noise level of the NF-A12x25 with them at max RPMs? The 9900K runs notoriously fast, so if the BS3 was able to keep it cool passively that sounds very impressive for the overall thermal performance of these configurations.
IMO, the two A12x25 aren't bad at all. I think they sound the best out of all my 120mm fans when running at the same RPM. For testing purposes, I'm thinking of swapping the A12x25 (SP=2.34 mmH2O) out for even high static pressure fans such as EK Vardar (3.16 mmH2O), or Corsair ML120s (4.2 mmH2O).

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
IMO, the two A12x25 aren't bad at all. I think they sound the best out of all my 120mm fans when running at the same RPM. For testing purposes, I'm thinking of swapping the A12x25 (SP=2.34 mmH2O) out for even high static pressure fans such as EK Vardar (3.16 mmH2O), or Corsair ML120s (4.2 mmH2O).

I don't have the Vardars, but I'm going to be testing with ML120s as well...I just need my SM560 to ship and get here T_T everything else is ready, sitting on my desk lol. One advantage I can see the ML120s having is that they have much higher RPMs, of course at the cost of MUCH louder noise levels. It's going to be up to each person to find their balance of noise to cooling from the fans, I'm going to do my best to capture noise levels at various fan speed percentages in fan testing.

Last edited:

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
@Nanook Looking forward to seeing what your tests yield over this week. Where's the build photos?

Curious how the ML's fair, I have like 12 of those damn things.

Reactions: Nanook

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Going to require some fiddling with top end parts with top end tdp's.
Lot to ask for two case fans only to cool with minimum noise.
When my 560 arrives, I may throw the gpu and cpu fans back on, set them to really low max speed and test with the case
fans at a much quieter rpm setting and see what that does.
Kind of defeats the purpose though of wanting to get rid of all the fans except the case fans.
I love the case though and will continue to fiddle with it. I value relative silence above all else and that is going to be something to work for.
I can run my 2700x at no boost, 3.7 ghz and the Ti at 75% max power draw with turbo fan speeds in Asus AI suite and that is basically silent. Turbo is about 1100 rpm.Now to get some of the performance back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sahaj and Nanook