Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
SM550: 9.7L, 335mm x 139mm x 208mm

SM560: 11L, 335mm x 159mm x 208mm

SM570: 15.5L, 357mm x 150mm x 289mm (1x 240mm or 2x 120mm AIO + 330mm GPU)

SM580: 16.5L, 357mm x 160mm x 289mm

All are steel frame, with aluminum side panels.
Going off those specs, are you sure the EK-MLC Phoenix 280 won't fit since its measurements are 335 x 142 x 68mm (L x W x H) - if it's the front IO that's obstructive then I'll just remove the IO to make use of the more powerful pump in the Phoenix.

Reactions: Bioforce

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
Going off those specs, are you sure the EK-MLC Phoenix 280 won't fit since its measurements are 335 x 142 x 68mm (L x W x H) - if it's the front IO that's obstructive then I'll just remove the IO to make use of the more powerful pump in the Phoenix.
Those are the external dimensions. You have to think of the space allocated to the panels, frames, gaps, and other components. Length is a big killer here. You pretty much have to go by GPU length here as it is in the same chamber with a Max GPU length of 310/330mm, among other factors.

Last edited:

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Those are the external dimensions. You have to think of the space allocated to the panels, frames, gaps, and other components. Length is a big killer here. You pretty much have to go by GPU length here as it is in the same chamber with a Max GPU length of 310/330mm, among other factors.
I was using GPU length as a frame of reference, although I likely wasn't considering how the supported length actually figures into reality.

How much increase in volume would there be to add support for the 280mm Phoenix on the 580? If Sliger is working with EK then this would be a great seeing point, I know it is to me as I use 140mm 1500RPM Noctua Redux fans for everything since 140mm fans have a more preferable noise/performance ratio in my opinion.

I'm hoping it will be possible to cram one in, but not the end of the world if you can't.

Reactions: Bioforce

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I don't think I saw it mentioned anywhere in this thread, what's the total combined thickness of Radiator + fans that will be supported in the 570/580? The EK Phoenix Radiators are pretty damn thick, so I'm surprised the thickness isn't an issue as well.

Reactions: Sahaj and rfarmer

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I don't think I saw it mentioned anywhere in this thread, what's the total combined thickness of Radiator + fans that will be supported in the 570/580? The EK Phoenix Radiators are pretty damn thick, so I'm surprised the thickness isn't an issue as well.

78mm for rad + fans + cable routing

I was using GPU length as a frame of reference, although I likely wasn't considering how the supported length actually figures into reality.

How much increase in volume would there be to add support for the 280mm Phoenix on the 580? If Sliger is working with EK then this would be a great seeing point, I know it is to me as I use 140mm 1500RPM Noctua Redux fans for everything since 140mm fans have a more preferable noise/performance ratio in my opinion.

I'm hoping it will be possible to cram one in, but not the end of the world if you can't.

280 Phoenix is just too big. I don't want the 580 to creep to Ophion Evo size, trying to keep it down. Already big with adding 2x 120mm support.

@KSliger you list the width of the SM570 as 11mm more than the SM550 but the same 55mm cooler height, I just wanted to make sure this was correct? Is the extra width on the GPU side?

It might shrink, I moved the ballstuds around to reduce the width to be almost exactly same width as most 240mm AIOs. I don't see a reason to keep this extra space right now.

Interesting - so you're saying with the case laying down on its face, you could do two radiators, top and bottom? What about putting taller feet on it?

Also - regarding the EK MLC Phoenix, very happy you're testing it. My big worry is the tube lengths aren't customizable so you would end up with a lot of extra tubing inside with no where to put it. I hope someone actually tests that inside the case. Like with the Dan A4, the 92mm AIO was always "possible" but tube routing made it a nightmare.

Yes, but it might be pretty ugly.

I am also concerned on the tube length, as well as the diameter of the tube. I am trying to make both 570 and 580 work with a good amount of custom loops and all standard AIOs, but the Pheonix might not make the cut. Trying to cover every AIO will make the case too big, have to draw a line somewhere.
Clearly as nice as these cases can be they're not intended to be for Europeans.
Case: 180
Shipping: 65
Totale: 245
VAT 22%: $ 298

Ouch. Will see how things go with our distributor, wish there was more I could do.

If you have anyone you know visiting the US we can have it shipped to their hotel!

Reactions: Bioforce and Sahaj

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Due to Ryzen crap mount method, I can not have the Shiriken 3 fins facing north and south. They can only face east and west which means the air will be blowing and hitting them rather than going up through all the fins and out.
Will this be a deal breaker on the 550? I have a 9600k that it fits correctly on but rather use my 2700x.

Reactions: raulnorry

sfxbajan

Average Stuffer
Dec 4, 2017
If the angular cut out area for the power button was flush to the edge, and have the power button done like the original cerberus, this would have been 100% my perfect case :), but I will still accept it at 99%. Well done, great job KSliger :thumb:

Reactions: KSliger

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Due to Ryzen crap mount method, I can not have the Shiriken 3 fins facing north and south. They can only face east and west which means the air will be blowing and hitting them rather than going up through all the fins and out.
Will this be a deal breaker on the 550? I have a 9600k that it fits correctly on but rather use my 2700x.

Can you post a picture? Not sure what north/south means.

@KSliger What will the best cooker for the 560 be if the passive setup won’t work with it?

L9i/L9a for low noise, make sure the fins are facing perpendicular to the bottom fans.

LP53 or Cryorig C7 CU for temperatures.

LP53 can be used with stock fan and vented panel, or with a jerryrigged Noctua fan for use with the window/unvented panel.

If the angular cut out area for the power button was flush to the edge, and have the power button done like the original cerberus, this would have been 100% my perfect case :), but I will still accept it at 99%. Well done, great job KSliger :thumb:

I'll take 99%, appreciate it!

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Meaning the fins are pointing this way ---- instead of |||
The air from the bottom will hit the heat sink fins like this ---- instead of traveling up and through like this |||.
Perpendicular not vertical lol.

Reactions: Shinken1

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I am also concerned on the tube length, as well as the diameter of the tube. I am trying to make both 570 and 580 work with a good amount of custom loops and all standard AIOs, but the Pheonix might not make the cut. Trying to cover every AIO will make the case too big, have to draw a line somewhere.
I really really hope you can make it work. My biggest hope for the SM570/580 case is to have the CPU and GPU on the same loop. Otherwise, outside of the side-by-side layout, there's not a lot of benefit of this over the NCASE M1, which supports 240mm AIO, 3slot GPU, and it's <13L.

In an all-air config, the SM550/560 are really interesting, however. Very excited to see the testing in the wild with them.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
I'll need to hunt down the C7 Cu cooler with a custom fan bracket to mount the 120x15mm noctua.

Edit: Can’t find the C7 anywhere. I’ll go the easier route with the l9a + NF-A9 92x25mm fan.

Last edited:

Acquire

Efficiency Noob
Sep 14, 2018
I just ordered a sm560. Hopefully it actually ships on the advertised date. Given up on waiting for the Ghost S1. This also is the case I've been waiting for. 3 slot design for big cards, the sandwich or whatever it's called layout, two intake fans at the bottom.

The only thing I would like is if the power button was positioned with the IO on the side or on the front bottom. I like the look of it better than on the top. Additionally, for those of us making a gaming PC for the living room, the top placement is not very convenient for a lot of TV stands and such, which are built around horizontally oriented revives. Like that other guy said though, 99% is pretty good. I like the aesthetic of the Ghost S1 a bit better I think askin with the power button placement, but it's lack of 3 slot support is not ideal as is the lack of front IO.

Will there be a filter kit for all models? Right now the one linked for the sm560 is the one for the sm550.

Last edited:

Acquire

Efficiency Noob
Sep 14, 2018
I really really hope you can make it work. My biggest hope for the SM570/580 case is to have the CPU and GPU on the same loop. Otherwise, outside of the side-by-side layout, there's not a lot of benefit of this over the NCASE M1, which supports 240mm AIO, 3slot GPU, and it's <13L.

In an all-air config, the SM550/560 are really interesting, however. Very excited to see the testing in the wild with them.

I wouldn't say the ncase m1 actually supports 3 slot video cards. It has 3 expansion slots yes, but the case is so narrow and internally constricted that most high end over 2 lot video cards won't fit properly and will get awful cooling since the side panel's venting is not low enough. The case is really built for 2 slot blower cards. For its size the ncase m1 is pretty inefficient.

jirachijirachi

Caliper Novice
Jul 16, 2018

What is the scope of delivery of the Shuriken 3?

For the Fuma, the AM4 bracket is the same as Intel's one (see Fuma manual, for AMD system, Step 3). Can you check if the Intel's bracket (item 3 of the BS3 manual) has the extra holes? If so, you can use those holes and mount it like the Fuma and rotate the cooler by 90 degree, as long as there's no components on the motherboard that obstruct it.

See below for the link of the manual:
Big Shuriken 3 manual: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9ccab7_a02ac13ac35545d38ae149a38f549d66.pdf
Fuma manual: ftp://ftp.scythe-eu.com/Manuals/CPU-Cooler/Fuma-Rev_B.pdf

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Oh wow. Good call on the bracket. That may actually work. I will have a look when I get home. That would be perfect if it would. I will report back later!

Reactions: Sahaj

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
I wouldn't say the ncase m1 actually supports 3 slot video cards. It has 3 expansion slots yes, but the case is so narrow and internally constricted that most high end over 2 lot video cards won't fit properly and will get awful cooling since the side panel's venting is not low enough. The case is really built for 2 slot blower cards. For its size the ncase m1 is pretty inefficient.
Ncase is working on a V6 that addresses those issues. They are improving the ventilation around the GPU and changing the internal dimensions to accomodate taller cards.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
It looks like there is a new version of the Pallas...the dimensions look the same, but this new pallas has a different heatpipe configuration and direct touch heatpipes. I think I'm going to order one of these and see if I can get it to fit in the 560, even if it requires some gentle heatpipe bending.

Old version of pallas:

New version of Pallas: