Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Any updates/pics for the new batch? Thanks!

so how is the second batch coming

Nothing has been made yet, not making Black Friday as promised - my apologies on delays. Hope to have these closer to the 10th.

Any plans to make the cases customizable, with different colors, panels and such? Also curious if you were going to offer wood panels on top much like the Cerberus.

No wood on this due to the top to bottom air flow. Will be in 4 colors (black/white/red/beige).

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Here is the final draft after implementing feedback from my first articles

Final changes to this case:

CPU clearance changed to 55.45mm for better cooling with window side panels on both sides.

Cover over the PCIe card gap on rear.

Improved intake open area and fan clearance for better cooling / less fan noise.

Case dimensions is now 9.2L (OD of panels, not counting feet or PCIe tab)

Retail price $180 in 2 colors - black and white.

Prototypes are in production queue, but we're booked out till January so I do not see this case likely to be available soon.

Intrepid_Cosmonaut

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2018
@KSliger Thank you for the update, i have a few questions if you have a moment.

Will the case still be available with the metal sides? If so what cutout pattern did you settle on for the panels, i notice the top has changed to a uniform slat on your latest revision?

When you say not available soon do you have any indication on an approximate timeframe? i.e are we looking at them going on sale in January or later in 2019?

Thanks again and great work on the case, very exited to grab one when i can.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger Thank you for the update, i have a few questions if you have a moment.

Will the case still be available with the metal sides? If so what cutout pattern did you settle on for the panels, i notice the top has changed to a uniform slat on your latest revision?

When you say not available soon do you have any indication on an approximate timeframe? i.e are we looking at them going on sale in January or later in 2019?

Thanks again and great work on the case, very exited to grab one when i can.

Solid and vented aluminum side panels will be an option, initially in both in the organized vents of this version and the staggered vents of the early version. Might take a vote.

Hopefully in late December, but it depends on employees time off / vacation. Definitely in January if not December.

raldian

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018

CPU clearance changed to 55.45mm for better cooling with window side panels on both sides.

Improved intake open area and fan clearance for better cooling / less fan noise.

Prototypes are in production queue, but we're booked out till January so I do not see this case likely to be available soon.

Based on the picture, looks like 120mm AIO is not supported? Also, what's the material for this case?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Based on the picture, looks like 120mm AIO is not supported? Also, what's the material for this case?

No 120mm AIO support. Yhere is a larger version that will have 3 slot wide / longer GPU support and 140mm AIO, and then my other G case that is 2x 120mm or 1x 240mm.

Steel chassis, .08" aluminum / AR polycarbonate side panels.

Luminair

Chassis Packer
Mar 7, 2018
Thanks for the update and for all the design work. Been a rough wait, but still very excited to finally pick one up as soon as they are available. Really like the double windows and venting solutions. IO on the side is a great choice as well.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

Pictures provided by customer of a custom version of the case (screw on panels/window, no USB C.)

Production run is scheduled, but floating between end of Dec and early Jan.

Should be a mid-Jan to Late Jan release.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

Pictures provided by customer of a custom version of the case (screw on panels/window, no USB C.)

Wow. I love the Cerberus design hints!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Looks really good, is that the final vent design?

LegendsofMace

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018

Looks excellent, really excited for this one. Any plans to add audio ports with the USB ports as well?

Reactions: fabio

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
Looks very nice with the mini-cerberus front. Is your audio and usb only going to be on the side? Or any plans to put it next to the power switch like the cerberus?

edit: also, it looks like the cpu cooler is a little starved for air intake since the vents are offset? Did you notice any issues with cpu thermals?

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Looks very nice with the mini-cerberus front. Is your audio and usb only going to be one the side? Or any plans to put it next to the power switch like the cerberus?

edit: also, it looks like the cpu cooler is a little starved for air intake since the vents are offset? Did you notice any issues with cpu thermals?

Will only be on one side, thought about having it reversible but causes too many fit issues.

CPU cooler has lots of clearance between wall and top of fan, plus the bottom two fans feed it a lot of fresh air.

My test unit with OC'd 4.7GHz 8700K peaked around 80C during stress test, floated 55C~60C during gaming (BFV, ARMA 3).
1070ti has the same clearance from side panel, never went above 60C.

nes

Efficiency Noob
New User
Mar 5, 2018

The new vent design looks great. It will still have a handle option right? I think I can see screw holes for it in the mockup.

In image 3 here, is there any reason why the vent slits are offset on the side panel? Just a thought, but it might look a little cleaner if the side panel slits were longer and/or centered. The CPU cooler and GPU on the other side would have more airflow that way also.
I love this case, great work!