Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Hello, does rtx 2080 strix overclock edition fit in the sm570 case. This is a 2,7 slot card. In the description it says there is space for airflow. Will it be enough to barely close the panel?

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Quick question on the SM580 vs SM570- on the site, it shows the single 3.5 HDD drive bracket for the bottom yet that option is not available for the SM580? Is that correct? The only way to mount a 3.5 inch drive on the 580 would be at the top with the HDD bracket there?

Big thanks to KSliger for putting in the holiday work!

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
The main reason i am thinking to buy this case is the handle! Why did they make the sm550 and sm560 without the handle option?

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Hello, does rtx 2080 strix overclock edition fit in the sm570 case. This is a 2,7 slot card. In the description it says there is space for airflow. Will it be enough to barely close the panel?
It will fit but you will have to take off the fan shroud. Get the 580 if you want to keep the gpu fans. I would suggest you do keep them.

Reactions: 3dl1r

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
It will fit but you will have to take off the fan shroud. Get the 580 if you want to keep the gpu fans. I would suggest you do keep them.
I agree.That is not an option, the card looks good as it is. Frankly i also have a radeon wx7100 which is a single slot card. But i thought that i might have to interchange them depending on the task. I guess i might just leave one side of the case open

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Quick question on the SM580 vs SM570- on the site, it shows the single 3.5 HDD drive bracket for the bottom yet that option is not available for the SM580? Is that correct? The only way to mount a 3.5 inch drive on the 580 would be at the top with the HDD bracket there?

Big thanks to KSliger for putting in the holiday work!

Oops, there is a 3.5" HDD bracket for the SM580 - I just incorrectly labelled the 120mm offset adapter and forgot to include that adapter can mount 1x 3.5" HDD instead of a fan.

If you want 3.5" HDD in bottom = add a 120mm bottom adapter to order. We can manually fix orders on Monday to add them as well.

Shoot same...

Reply to your order confirmation if this happened, to orders@sliger.com, we will get it fixed it's not a big deal.

2.7 slot is going to be way too big for 570. Must be <47mm wide and I think 2.7 slot is ~58mm.

The 580 says it fits mini dtx!? would you still be able to fit a radiator on top?

My 3D model says it will fit, but might require a slim fan on the back of the radiator depending on how thick the radiator is.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
My 3D model says it will fit, but might require a slim fan on the back of the radiator depending on how thick the radiator is.

Thats what i was thinking. may or may not try it. Also, can i just say how awesome the unpainted steel looks!

EDIT: Riser cable might not be long enough. oh well.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I agree.That is not an option, the card looks good as it is. Frankly i also have a radeon wx7100 which is a single slot card. But i thought that i might have to interchange them depending on the task. I guess i might just leave one side of the case open
Why not just go with the slightly bigger case? I wouldnt want to leave the side off.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Question on the bifurcation riser - can you only put one card in and get 16x before adding the second card? Or do all cards plugged in always get 8x?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Question on the bifurcation riser - can you only put one card in and get 16x before adding the second card? Or do all cards plugged in always get 8x?

Will only be able to get 8x PCIe 3.0 to either slot, make sure you get a motherboard that supports it too!

Should be fine with PCIe 3.0 8x for a long time as even 2080TI in SLI barely fully use 8x PCIe 3.0.

Thats what i was thinking. may or may not try it. Also, can i just say how awesome the unpainted steel looks!

EDIT: Riser cable might not be long enough. oh well.

Riser cable is long enough for Mini-DTX, all the people that complain it's too long in the 550/560 now know why. =P

Reactions: Sahaj and Rmorrison

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Are normal 12in sata cables long enough to reach the front panel sata slots and route cleanly?

Easily, make sure the they are the straight in style.

In the future, will there be PCIe 4.0 risers that we could purchase?

Yes, vendor is developing them but has a ways to go. Can't even get prototype / early samples for another few months.

Star316

Cable Smoosher
Mar 23, 2019
Easily, make sure the they are the straight in style.

Yes, vendor is developing them but has a ways to go. Can't even get prototype / early samples for another few months.
Good to hear! Excited to see what the next generation of GPU's will use PCIe 4.0 for! ?