Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
edit. Nope. Cable was not the problem. ugh.

Oof. I've got the same PSU running stock cables with no issues. Only issues like that I've had were related to undervolting the CPU, and resulted in Windows being unable to boot.

I'd try running from a different install to see if the issue is hardware related or not. If it doesn't lock up, it might be a driver issue or something related to a power setting.

@KSliger, any word on the 92mm bracket?

Reactions: LegendsofMace

devinkato

Average Stuffer
Oct 17, 2016
@wsgroves - might be basic, but wondering if you tested your ram. Few passes of memtest may be in order. That's the first thing I check on systems that are crashing randomly. Saves a lot of headaches.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@devinkato It's really odd. It doesnt just lock up, it is totally destroyed. I cant even hold the power button down for 10 seconds to turn it off, I have to unplug it.
It even happens just sitting in the bios after awhile.
@KSliger anyone seen this? The plexi separating from the side.

Reactions: renecop545

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
@devinkato It's really odd. It doesnt just lock up, it is totally destroyed. I cant even hold the power button down for 10 seconds to turn it off, I have to unplug it.
It even happens just sitting in the bios after awhile.
@KSliger anyone seen this? The plexi separating from the side.

My red acrylic glass panels do this when they're off the case as well, when the panel is on though there's no gap.

Reactions: fabio

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
My one panel has a slight bow in it. Probably due to the psu cables slightly pushing against it. I swapped to a different motherboard but have not had enough time to test. Also swapped the L9a in. It works but I was hitting 84c in games. Not good. The BS3 will not fit the Gigabyte b450 itx board with tall ram such as g.skill rgb, in any configuration, with the fins in the vertical orientation.

Last edited:

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
I'm using the BS3 on the Gigabyte B450i board right now...I have it oriented over my Corsair LPX memory, which requires bending the heatsink slightly, but does not affect performance in any measurable way.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
You are right Raul, I should re-word that. I have the tall G.skill memory so that orientation is a no-go and the vrm heatsink is too high for the opposite way. I have the z390 version of this board and it fits the lpx memory as you say, putting a angle on the heatsink and pushing on the ram.
I have lpx I can swap in but I dont wanna give up bdie ram chips.
Couple more days of testing to see if the lockups are done and I'll be switching to a new Asus x470 itx.
Probably after this gen, I wont be buying a asus board again. Had 3x b450 boards and 1x x470 itx boards all with one issue or another.
The gigabyte works good and gets plenty of airflow on the vrm's but the L9a is not doing a good enough job for my taste.

Maybe you can do me a favor Raul, can you find any way to disable XFR on that board? I think it is omitted from the bios. You can disable the enhanced version of it but I havent found a way to keep a strict all core clock. I have set multiplier for 37 but it isnt working right. It always clocks up to max xfr speeds. I have disabled enhanced frequency and overdrive settings.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
We're running behind due to some other prototype projects (DPAS DX rated) and hope to be back on these SM570/SM580 prototypes late this week or early next. Apologies on the delays and for lack up updates!

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
We're running behind due to some other prototype projects (DPAS DX rated) and hope to be back on these SM570/SM580 prototypes late this week or early next. Apologies on the delays and for lack up updates!

Can we expect preorders to be available on the SM570/SM580 by the end of this month? I'm really hoping to have an SM580 in time for the new AMD chips.

Reactions: thewave1408

jaysonjaystar

Efficiency Noob
Apr 17, 2019
Is the l9a running full bore at that point? I'm trying to figure out if I want to go with the l9a or with an AIO once the next set of AMD chips launch (and hopefully mobos with support for the front usb header)
I think I have the fan curve to go at about 90-95% speed at 75c, I don't remember. It was indeed loud. I think the l9a on anything past the r5 2600 is a no no. When I'm playing games I only reach about 60c or so, but I'm sure the offset helps. If the new Ryzen chips are going to be hotter, I wouldn't recommend the l9a.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I am about to throw in the towel. Where the heck the auto system protection was for this, I have no idea. Check out column where the mouse cursor is.
That's in game with auto voltage. XFR disabled as well as any of the other enhanced boosts.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I am about to throw in the towel. Where the heck the auto system protection was for this, I have no idea. Check out column where the mouse cursor is.
That's in game with auto voltage. XFR disabled as well as any of the other enhanced boosts.

Pretend it's Fahrenheit and carry on ;P

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

This is on the BS3?

DaveMan20

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2018
Has anyone been able to fit a 120 radiator in the Sm560? If so, could you please provide photos and which CPU and what temperatures?
Apologies if this has been answered before.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
This is on the BS3?
Yes. New motherboard install yesterday afternoon. Gonna pull it out again tonight and repaste. No idea. That is using Kyro as well.
Even at 3.9ghz with all boosts disabled and 1.165v it was hitting 95 in prime95 real quick.