Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Here's my build. Finished it last night. Managed to install an Asetek 545lc by building a acrylic adapter. The 2700x and RTX 2080 reach a max of 55C and 53C, respectively.

Do you have a DXF or dimensions to where you placed the 545lc? Will make an adapter bracket so this is possible for anyone. Awesome work!

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Here's my build. Finished it last night. Managed to install an Asetek 545lc by building a acrylic adapter. The 2700x and RTX 2080 reach a max of 55C and 53C, respectively.
DUDE you got the 92mm AIO to fit?? That's AWESOME!

Edit: What's the exact height of the fan and AIO together?

SpartanM07

Efficiency Noob
Apr 16, 2019
Do you have a DXF or dimensions to where you placed the 545lc? Will make an adapter bracket so this is possible for anyone. Awesome work!
Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have any measurements but I took a picture of what it looks like on the inside. I literally bought a flat piece of acrylic, traced the outline and mounting holes of one my 120mm fans, traced the outline and holes of a 92mm fan, and made the rough cuts with a jigsaw and holes with a drill. I never measured since I made the mount before I received the case and based off of pictures from your official website. Only advice is to make the 92mm mounting holes as far to the front as you can, almost in line with the front 120mm holes.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have any measurements but I took a picture of what it looks like on the inside. I literally bought a flat piece of acrylic, traced the outline and mounting holes of one my 120mm fans, traced the outline and holes of a 92mm fan, and made the rough cuts with a jigsaw and holes with a drill. I never measured since I made the mount before I received the case and based off of pictures from your official website. Only advice is to make the 92mm mounting holes as far to the front as you can, almost in line with the front 120mm holes.

Would you mind if we sent you the prototype bracket for mounting this and you could test it? Please send us an email!

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018

Those are some amazing temps! Is that while gaming? If so, do you mind running prime95/cinebench/blender and Unigine so that we can get a sense of how much the system can be pushed? Also if you have windowed/unvented panels that you can test with your setup that would be awesome as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bioforce

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
The acrylic, AIO, and fan total 52.4mm in height.
This is super exciting. This is what I was hoping to do, but with a 120mm slim rad and slim fan, in the SM580 (which takes 140mm fans in the bottom instead of 120s like the SM560). This makes me thing that while it might take some doing, I could fit a ~28mm rad and a 15mm or even 25mm fan down there below the graphics card.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
Also it looks like Asetek is no longer producing the 545LC and have replaced it with the 645LT, which I don't think can fit the way you've currently installed your 545LC btw...

SpartanM07

Efficiency Noob
Apr 16, 2019
Also it looks like Asetek is no longer producing the 545LC and have replaced it with the 645LT, which I don't think can fit the way you've currently installed your 545LC btw...
I've pre-ordered the 645LT so I guess I'll find out when it finally arrives and I'll make sure to post the results here.

Edit: I think the 645LT will work better since the tube connections on the radiator rotate. Fitting the PSU cables with the 545LT installed wasn't easy since the tubes stick up so high.

Last edited:

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@SpartanM07 very impressive work. Did you say the GPU is water-cooled? If it isn't, I am astounded the temps are so low on it. I can't keep my Ti anything less than 25c over that!
On a side note, ended up being on the phone for an hour and a half which screwed my evening lol.

SpartanM07

Efficiency Noob
Apr 16, 2019
@SpartanM07 very impressive work. Did you say the GPU is water-cooled? If it isn't, I am astounded the temps are so low on it. I can't keep my Ti anything less than 25c over that!
On a side note, ended up being on the phone for an hour and a half which screwed my evening lol.
Thanks. No, it's air cooled but it came with the appropriate EVGA waterblock if I ever wanted to use that. I think it's lower because I haven't overclocked anything on it and I do have a custom fan profile setup through Precision X1. Also, the Corsair ML120 Pro below the 2080 helps a lot.. credit to Sliger for the excellent design. My RTX Titan (in a different PC) runs games between 70-78C with a sustained 2038MHz overclock so your Ti temps sound about right.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Really appreciate the compliments.
I wasn't even thinking.... of course my Ti temps were not great....I removed the dang fans for the 550 lol.
I'll get with it one of these days. Anxious to see how the Strix does with the shroud back on.

On another note, @KSliger did you notice any temp differences between the 550/60?
The 560 is for sure easier to build in than the 550 due to the extra room that affords better cable management. That being said though, the cpu fan is not covering the entire heat-sink like it was in the 550 due to the extra room. I am really interested in seeing if that makes a marked difference. Hopefully I'll have some extra time this evening to finish.

Here are a few more pictures. No cables blocking the fans air flow. Much easier to do in the 560 over the 550. I need to finish the custom white cables though as there is a huge blob of them in the front.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Most of them go in the front of the case because I use no other internal drives besides the nvme.
I routed all but the power cord through there. The stock 750 cables we're fine in the 550. Should be in the 560 as well. Most of my white ones are too long but it's made easier with the extra size of the 560.
@rjeftw I wasn't thinking. Forgot I had the fans and shroud removed. The strix does the same in a normal case. Anxious to test it here.

Last edited:
Reactions: rjeftw