SLI on ITX motherboards with PCIe Bifurcation

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
So I said screw it. Bought an ASRock X570 and ran a report but no certificate.

But then, I updated BIOS to 2.3 (from 1.6) and BOOM! SLI certificate (temp key). So looks like ASRock is my new favorite MB manufacturer XD

Reactions: NinoPecorino

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So I said screw it. Bought an ASRock X570 and ran a report but no certificate.

But then, I updated BIOS to 2.3 (from 1.6) and BOOM! SLI certificate (temp key). So looks like ASRock is my new favorite MB manufacturer XD
Hold on, are you telling me that with the new bios the SLI certificate is integrated in the ITX board?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Hold on, are you telling me that with the new bios the SLI certificate is integrated in the ITX board?
Yes! I was surprised! On P1.60 BIOS version on this motherboard there was no certificate, but then I updated to P2.30 (latest) and I checked AIDA64 again, and there was a certificate!

But sorry to say the Gigabyte X570 ITX doesn't have it, even with latest BIOS. I will just use it the GB board in a different build.

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
thanks for the update! I have my donor board/cpu arriving monday (guess I can return them) - gonna update my bios and see if I can get these 2080tis working. thanks for the update!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
thanks for the update! I have my donor board/cpu arriving monday (guess I can return them) - gonna update my bios and see if I can get these 2080tis working. thanks for the update!
Which motherboard are you using? The ASRock X570 TB3/ITX?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Too bad. IF only Gigabyte will activate it in the X570... BTW, seems that the ASUS Z490-I support the Bifurcation! Just FYI

Yeah, I wish...I contacted gigabyte support and asked if they could add a temp key certificate in the next BIOS or make a 1 off BIOS but they just said "this board does not support that feature".

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
Yeah, I wish...I contacted gigabyte support and asked if they could add a temp key certificate in the next BIOS or make a 1 off BIOS but they just said "this board does not support that feature".
So sad.. I think gigabyte don't allow editing dsdt, always show error(s) when compiling.
Time to hunt for the asrock x570 itx I think ?

Reactions: DrHudacris

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
@xkruz - I've got this to work on a z270 gigabyte itx board in the past, if you upload the clover dump files for me somewhere I can have a look for you

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
@LukeD actually I can't get clover F4 function to work when I tried last week i'll try again later with different usb stick.
So I tried extracting it with the dsdt editor but can't compile as it always shows error.

edit: After successfully extract dsdt.aml with clover, I got 9 errors when compiling and can't fix them

Last edited:

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
Very odd problem that I'm running into... DSDTEditor refuses to open any AML/DSL file I throw at it. Tried extracting/dumping AMLs from 3 motherboards now, and even tried running the DSDT editor batch file on 2 different machines, and in all cases I get "Unmatched brackets, tree not updated" error, and AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Anyone know what could be going on? It's gotta be an issue with the DSDT editor right? It's somehow not dissassembling/parsing the AML correctly?
I think this is because you are using latest iasl, not the one coming from dsdteditor compressed file.
I experienced the same issue, and when I extract a new one that issue are gone.
But, there is another issue ?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
It WORKS!!

Thank you @LukeD for all your time and help!

Details! I wondered if the IASL in the DSDT editor file was the issue, I tried downloading the latest one and using that instead. But you are saying that the one in the zipped file is good to use?

Did you pull the SLI cert from the ATX Aorus board?

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Try using MaciASL instead of the DSDT editor. It seems to handle the newer files better.

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
Details! I wondered if the IASL in the DSDT editor file was the issue, I tried downloading the latest one and using that instead. But you are saying that the one in the zipped file is good to use?

Did you pull the SLI cert from the ATX Aorus board?
Yes, your issue was from different iasl version with the one that included inside the zipped file..
BUT, my other issue was DSDTeditor can't compile the .aml.
But thanks to @LukeD who help me with compiling the .aml.

Yes I pull the SLI certificate from x570 Aorus PRO ATX.

Try using MaciASL instead of the DSDT editor. It seems to handle the newer files better.
what version do you use? because I ask my friend before to compile using MaciasL (because I don't have MAC) and he got the same errors.
my friend was using version 1.5.7.