Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Josh | NFC submitted a new resource:

SKYREACH 4 MINI - Reasonably hi-def Sketchup model of the S4M for modders

While not 100% reflective of the final production design, this model is accurate enough to understand how the S4M is designed, put together, and to plan your mods around.

Please understand the S4M and this file is my intellectual property. Several key features are protected by my U.S. patents and many more are patent pending.

You are welcome to use it to learn, plan, mod, and even build your own. You may absolutely not use my IP to build...

Read more about this resource...

JayJPRO

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2018
Is there anyway you could post an STL file of this case to use programs like AutoDesk, I'm a student and that's what my school uses for 3D modeling. If not is there a way to convert it? Thank you!

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Is there anyway you could post an STL file of this case to use programs like AutoDesk, I'm a student and that's what my school uses for 3D modeling. If not is there a way to convert it? Thank you!

All sketchup files can easily be converted to STL, and my Auto desk software can import skp files.

Peace

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
i'm very new to 3d modeling, so i'm not aware of any easy solution to the issue i'm having. when i import the skp into fusion 360 the components get jumbled. when i try to move an object, one or more other objects move in obverse relation to that object. i can't seem to figure out if it's snap points or contact sets or something i'm not aware of. if someone could point me in the right direction, i'd be extremely grateful.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
i'm very new to 3d modeling, so i'm not aware of any easy solution to the issue i'm having. when i import the skp into fusion 360 the components get jumbled. when i try to move an object, one or more other objects move in obverse relation to that object. i can't seem to figure out if it's snap points or contact sets or something i'm not aware of. if someone could point me in the right direction, i'd be extremely grateful.

Well, the S4M was built in Sketchup, so if you get it into Fusion360 then it is just going to be a STL file, which is crappy and you are just better off using Sketchup for it.

You can't really convert from mesh to a solid well. Maybe some really fancy software like Spaceclaim can do it, but nothing I have tried works. ;\

Reactions: NinoPecorino

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Well, the S4M was built in Sketchup, so if you get it into Fusion360 then it is just going to be a STL file, which is crappy and you are just better off using Sketchup for it.

You can't really convert from mesh to a solid well. Maybe some really fancy software like Spaceclaim can do it, but nothing I have tried works. ;\

thanks for the quick response!

i figured as much. looks like i'm getting into sketchup.

goose1969x

Caliper Novice
Oct 3, 2018
Hey, so I decided to spend some time modeling the Skyreach 4 Mini in Rhino. I reconstructed both drawings and NURBS models so it could be imported as solids. I was going to upload but don't have permissions. If admins grant me I can upload otherwise I could email it to you. Let me know.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

_ONE_

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 1, 2017
Hey, so I decided to spend some time modeling the Skyreach 4 Mini in Rhino. I reconstructed both drawings and NURBS models so it could be imported as solids. I was going to upload but don't have permissions. If admins grant me I can upload otherwise I could email it to you. Let me know.
i would love to get anther format than skp, it's horrible to work with this in fusion 360. so many triangle that you can't even move a face.

thanks

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
i would love to get anther format than skp, it's horrible to work with this in fusion 360. so many triangle that you can't even move a face.

thanks

Are you in Josh's Discord? I posted a STEP file I converted in spaceclaim there.