SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Here's another quick pic... This is for the rear panel. I've done something a little special with the panel that will be on the front of the case.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Just tested a second Dell 330w adapter. Wattage meter shows power consumption going up to 290w, but system still restarted after about one minute.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Flumper Dinkle

Trash Compacter
Feb 26, 2018
Just tested a second Dell 330w adapter. Wattage meter shows power consumption going up to 290w, but system still restarted after about one minute.
If the meter is accurate it sounds like your cpu may not be getting enough power. Try upping the voltage (25 milivolts at a time) or lowering the clock speed. Try turning off turbo boost as well. Might be when the CPU tries to turbo that it cuts off?
I've only skimmed recent posts so apologies if I'm repeating anything

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
So I've got a (probably dumb) question:
The noctua l9-i has about ~8mm clearance in the s4, so there's a few mm of give (though I assume going much under 5mm would introduce turbulence and noise). Would it be possible to improve cpu temps by inserting a peltier cooler (~3mm thick) between the cpu and l9-i? Or would the added thermal load on the heatsink be too much for it to handle?

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
My issue is that I took the mini feet to put the Skyreach horizontaly (becoming too risky to stay verticaly) but the weight of the 1080 ti is a way too much and the larger fan touches the Skyreach chassis when there is a little move on my desktop ... I mean .. did I miss something on how to mount the GPU on the Skyreach or is there just nothing to hold the end of the card ? Because the weight is definitely pushing the card down to the bottom chassis and touching it ... And I am afraid that one day, it will break the GPU fan. (All screws are there ...2x)

So did you experienced this issue too ? Got a solution ?

I used thread to actually tie the back corner of my gpu to the hard drive bracket to control the sag. I'm using the gigabyte 1080 mini from the gpu box that doesn't have a shroud, so my fan was making contact too.

Cyclo16

Cable Smoosher
Jun 2, 2018
I used thread to actually tie the back corner of my gpu to the hard drive bracket to control the sag. I'm using the gigabyte 1080 mini from the gpu box that doesn't have a shroud, so my fan was making contact too.

thanks for that, but I solve this issue by ordering the "Alphacool Eiswolf 120 GPX Pro Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti Pro M23" which is an All in one waterblock with radiator for the GTX 1080 ti Mini. so, non more fan Inside the Mini. I still do have sagging with the waterblock weigth (like 1.5 Kg XD), I used the mini fan mount (without fan) with a single screw that push my waterblock up.

For Your CPU with noctua L9i, I would recomand to delid your CPU, you may won 10 to 20° like me. Using a peltier cooler might give you 5 to 15° too as you can see on many vids on the web, but since the mini chassis will heat a lot, precisely arroud the motherboard / DC ATX it is not sure that you will have a decent gap temperature (~ 20°) to satisfy peltier conditions. But, those circuits aren't so expensive so … And btw, keep a look to the specs, sticking this kind of activ circuits to the CPU might create some electrostatic risks … that's things to concider … deliding is a way more safe, again. :)

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
Thinking about upgrading from the classic to the skyreach. Are there any major changes aside from it being slightly larger?
Honest answer... depends on what components you are planning to load it up with..
the new ones can take upto 1080 mini without modding.
More "brickless" friendly
lighter.
Way easier to work...
Front panel easier to customize as its a single sheet (To add USB port or ventilation holes)

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Wired up my new power button last night, and swapped from the Cryorg C7 to a Noctua L9i. I can now close the front panel lol... I'm STILL waiting on HDPLEX to ship my PSU. It's been a over week since purchase and the tracking number they finally gave to me after I sent them an email, hasn't updated. After I get that though, I'll just be waiting to unload my reference 970, and pick up a 1080 mini.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
If the meter is accurate it sounds like your cpu may not be getting enough power. Try upping the voltage (25 milivolts at a time) or lowering the clock speed. Try turning off turbo boost as well. Might be when the CPU tries to turbo that it cuts off?
I've only skimmed recent posts so apologies if I'm repeating anything
Thanks, I’ll give this a try

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
Anybody knows how to undervolt Gigabyte z370 mitx board through bios? Wanted to use offset voltage, but couldn't find the option...
I can do teh same in Intel Xtreme utlity

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Hey @Josh | NFC ,
When you did your testing with the 8700K, and 1080 Mini, did you leave everything at stock voltage, or did you play around with the power at all?

For those of you that have undervolted, did you see a drop in overall wattage for your systems? I think I may do some power manipulation on my current set up this weekend, to see if I can bring the voltage down a bit without losing processing capability and make everything a little bit more efficient. I'm pretty sure my room mate has a Kill A Watt lying around the house some where, so I should be able to see whether or not there is a difference in what I do.

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
Honest answer... depends on what components you are planning to load it up with..
the new ones can take upto 1080 mini without modding.
More "brickless" friendly
lighter.
Way easier to work...
Front panel easier to customize as its a single sheet (To add USB port or ventilation holes)
Right now I have a 1080 and a i5 7500 in my classic. If I go to the skyreach I'll be swapping the 7500 out for a 7700k so I'm mostly hoping that it'll have slightly better cooling for whatever reason