Power Supply SilverStone SX650-G and SX500-G SFX PSU

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I had two SX650G power supplies which would constantly reset my computer. First one would do it usually when I tried a small overclock. The second replacement unit was even worse. I now run an EVGA 650 GM with no issues. This is with a 9900k + 2080 ti.
Contact Silverstone, their tech support engineer said they made an engineering change to fix the OCP prematurely tripping and they will RMA your PSU.

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
I had two SX650G power supplies which would constantly reset my computer. First one would do it usually when I tried a small overclock. The second replacement unit was even worse. I now run an EVGA 650 GM with no issues. This is with a 9900k + 2080 ti.

i will have to give that one a look at. i was considering the new SFX-700G but perhaps that is a better choice?

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
Contact Silverstone, their tech support engineer said they made an engineering change to fix the OCP prematurely tripping and they will RMA your PSU.
Just gave them a call, bit of a pain that i have to send my only PSU back before i get a replacement

Desertf0x9

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Luckily I bought my PSU from amazon. They were really awesome with the returns and replacement unit. They sent out the replacement unit before I had return my psu. Just highly disappointed that was happening. My EVGA unit has been running without any issues.