News Silverstone SST-TX500-G/SST-TX700-G Gold TFX PSU

REJOICE!!! It's finally up, the most powerful TFX PSU as of writing has been revealed, the Silverstone TX700 GOLD!!!

Plus there is a 500W model as well, the TX500.

Last edited:

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
I wonder how long it will be until someone here attempts to design a Velka 3/K39 style mini-sandwich case using a TFX PSU seeing as the power headroom has opened up to 700W.

Reactions: SFFManiac07

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Silverstone does great work, but their PSUs always have such aggressive fan curves and are quite noisy. Hope this one changes that...

Reactions: Walderstorn

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
A floppy connector? Really? In this day & age? 🙄
& 4 molex connectors? Why?
This 100%... I guess these PSUs could be used in older office PCs that might still have molex-powered fans? But why you would need 700W in such a use cae, I have no idea...

I'd just cut off those cables as soon as I get the PSU but this of course voids warranty...

That being said... what (use) cases is this PSU intended for? I can't think of a single case that uses TFX PSUs where you could even imagine putting 700W worth of components inside. Is there a server form factor I'm unaware of?

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
I think it's more of a "if you build it, they will come" kind of thing. It could give some more options for case design. As mentioned before I can see someone trying a sandwich case with this.

Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
Silverstone does great work, but their PSUs always have such aggressive fan curves and are quite noisy. Hope this one changes that...
Indeed. I had to change temporarily to my ATX power supply after my silverstone 700 was pissing me off so much. Still haven't mustered the courage to try a fan swap.