SFF.Network [SFF Network] SilverStone releases the TD02-Slim and TD03-Slim

SilverStone is launching two SFF-oriented water cooling solutions, the TD02-Slim (240mm) and the TD03-Slim (120mm). By combining slim 22mm thick radiators with 120mm x 15mm fans, they are able to deliver a liquid cooling system that's only 37mm thick for rad+fan. Presumably with the decreased radiator surface area and slim fans the performance won't be quite as good as normal CLC's, but the slim profile could make it feasible to fit water cooling in cases that weren't suited to it before. I'm thinking this is aimed at slim cases like the ML07.

Read more here

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
That looks promising although I hope those 15mm thick fans will be able too not be to big of a bottleneck.
And ofcourse, here'shoping that the pump is quiet.

Last edited:

esplin2966

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 2, 2015
This is awesome! I've been looking forward to the release of these 2 AIO coolers for while now. I believe that the only way to get good CPU cooling in a steam machine style case is by using water cooling, so having slimmer AIO coolers will allow us to make the cases even smaller/slimmer.

Looking forward to reading some reviews on them.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
That looks promising although Ihope those 15mm thick fans will be able to not be to big of a bottleneck.
And ofcourse, hoping that the pump is quiet.
Well you can change the fans out, can't you?

It's easier to find a different fan that works and fits than it is to find a different AIO that works and fits.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Well you can change the fans out, can't you?

It's easier to find a different fan that works and fits than it is to find a different AIO that works and fits.
Ofcourse you can but if the product on its own is not good, it should be addressed by the manufacturer, not by the consumers. Two good 120mm fans will set you back abou 40-50$ which is a good chunk of the price you pay for the complete product.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Kind of curious why they opted for straight fittings instead of heaving rotary 90° ones. With the tubing like that, 15mm fans seem kind of pointless.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 16, 2015
SilverStone is launching two SFF-oriented water cooling solutions, the TD02-Slim (240mm) and the TD03-Slim (120mm). By combining slim 22mm thick radiators with 120mm x 15mm fans, they are able to deliver a liquid cooling system that's only 37mm thick for rad+fan. Presumably with the decreased radiator surface area and slim fans the performance won't be quite as good as normal CLC's, but the slim profile could make it feasible to fit water cooling in cases that weren't suited to it before. I'm thinking this is aimed at slim cases like the ML07.

Read more here

Firefox tells me both sites are attack sites when I go to the links, I was in Ubuntu (Linux) so no harm done, Windows users, watch out, maybe mac users also...

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
Kind of curious why they opted for straight fittings instead of heaving rotary 90° ones. With the tubing like that, 15mm fans seem kind of pointless.

Considering Swiftech's leaking rotary fittings, they probably did it to minimize any potential leaks. I like Silverstone quite a lot, but QC is one of the major points of contention I have with them, so anything they do to minimize potential problems is a plus to me.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I'm also guessing that with the smaller channels in the slim radiator they wanted to reduce restriction as much as possible in the rest of the loop to ensure sufficient performance. 90 degree elbows would be the first thing to go to achieve this.