News Silverstone FX350-G

I was on Silverstone's website today and noticed that they have a new Flex ATX power supply--the FX350-G. Silverstone says that they launched the FX350-G to "further widen the scope of SFF design possibilities and to serve upgrade needs of embedded systems or 1U rack-mount server applications". It's 350 watts and 80+ Gold, but sadly not modular in any way. They claim that the 40mm fan is silent and seem to be marketing the PSU as quiet and efficient. Maybe it can shake up the Flex ATX space a little bit! I just wish it had modular cables, I really don't see anybody using the Molex or Floppy power cable.

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
If anyone was curious, I emailed silverstone about replacing the 40mm fan with Noctua's NF-A4x10 FLX. They said yes it's possible, but that it would void the warranty.

Granted, I'm not sure how difficult it would be to replace the fan, but I'm optimistic that it can be done simply.

She loved E

Add smallness
Compact Splash
Jun 24, 2015
I'd also be interested in hearing any first hand reviews. Looks pretty sweet but has there ever been a quiet 40mm fan? ...

She loved E

Add smallness
Compact Splash
Jun 24, 2015
Nice, good to know. I just found some reviews of this psu on Amazon & noise seems to be an issue. That and the lack of modular cables will probably kill it for me. Back to SFX I suppose.

psamathe

Efficiency Noob
Sep 4, 2018
The fan in the FX350-G is a 40x40x15mm Jamicon KF0415B1HR-R. 12V, 0.17A. Doesn't seem to be PWM-controlled. Judging from this catalogue it has air flow of 8.84 CFM (~15m³/h) and static pressure of 0.237 inchH2O (~6 mmH2O). I was going to change the fan until I realized it's 15mm. I guess any Noctua A4x10 will fit but those only move ~9m³/h with pressure ~2 mmH20.

eiselx86

Trash Compacter
Oct 23, 2017
@pekoteko & @comagoosie

From looking at images I'd say it should be pretty easy. Only 4 screws to disassemble the enclosure and fan looks to be mounted with 2 screws. Can't tell how it's wired but my guess is that it uses a 2-wire DC fan connected to a control board. Using the Noctua 40x10 with the included OmniJoin adapter you simply strip +/- wires and plug them into the OmniJoin connectors.
If you do it please share the result!