Silverstone FT03 Mini build

cornut

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 28, 2019
Apparantly the GPU (RX 5700) was 2-3mm too long, I had to cut an opening. The case is old, I don't mind throwing some black foil tape where I cut it.

Upgraded to:
ASRock B450 Gaming/ITX
Ryzen 7 3600X
H60 120mm AIO with Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-2000 PWM fan
16GB (2x8GB) Patriot 3733
XFX RX 5700 (reference)

It's an older case that's seen a few different builds since 2012. I know there's some nice ITX cases these days but I still love this one. Since I had to cut it to fit the GPU, it may be it's last go, we'll see.

Pardon the dust:

Reactions: Kooki

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
I love this case so much that after I sold my first, I bought another one in the succeding year!

Can you elaborate about the cut you made to fit the GPU?
I see the cuti n the third picture, but the card doesn't seem to be protruding much. I'm guessing it almost fit in the case.

cornut

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 28, 2019
I love this case so much that after I sold my first, I bought another one in the succeding year!

Can you elaborate about the cut you made to fit the GPU?
I see the cuti n the third picture, but the card doesn't seem to be protruding much. I'm guessing it almost fit in the case.

By measuring, it was only ~1/16" too long. I figured the case would flex enough but it didn't. I had the motherboard, drives etc in there when I installed the GPU, I couldn't get the right angle to get it in. If building in an empty case and putting it in there first you might be able to do it, it's really close.

The main problem I seen was the metal mount the feet are connected to, that part doesn't flex. If you have an empty case and take a small hammer to the bottom, you might get that 1/16" you need. If my case was empty, I would've done it that way. I was planning a Ryzen 3000 build for a while, the system was running with a 2400g APU so the case was filled and I didn't want to remove everything. Also, now that I cut it I won't have the GPU length limitation in the future.

If you're wanting to stick to the blower design 5700, I think with some patience you can do it without cutting. Though, bending for the small amount of room you need will risk making your case wobble or radiator/fan not mounting flush.

Between the brands that build the reference/blower RX 5700 cards, XFX posted the shortest length at 10.5". I think they're all the same size since they're AMD reference cards but I chose that one anyway to be safe/have the best shot at fitment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kooki