Dusting off the FT03 Mini

cornut

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 28, 2019
I'm not sure which model CPU/GPU yet but I know it'll be one of the 7nm Ryzen CPUs. Newegg had an ASRock B450 ITX board for $84 AR so I grabbed it and a few other parts. The PSU is the same one I originally had in it before, it's the older non-modular SilverStone SFX 450w

So far what I installed is:

ASRock B450 ITX
Adata XPG 480gb NVMe
Corsair H60 (replaced fan with Noctua 140mm iPPC-2000 PWM)
16GB (2x8) G.Skill Trident Z 3600 (Samsung B-Die)
4TB HDD (3.5")
1TB HDD (2.5")

The case was retired a couple years ago, it does have an optical/Blu-ray drive. It's already installed and there's plenty of room left to tuck the leftover wires so there's no sense in removing it, it's slot load so it's discrete.

I repurposed the AIO (MasterLiquid 120) last year for a friend (oops) so I had to buy a new cooler. I can't wait to see what I find on my old HDD's, there's an unused 2.5" tray I'll use to put a SSD for games. I'll decide on GPU when we get real #'s on the 7nm CPUs so I know how much power I have left. This is more of a budget build, I'm going to devote my S4M/2070 build to my flight sim but I want a desktop that can still play games since I'll use it just as much. I don't like having to switch things around/reconfigure my current pc whether I want to use the desk or cockpit.

For any who haven't seen the case, I used a roll of paper towels as a reference on the front and side of the case. It's ITX but its thing is more of a small footprint than what most of us consider SFF. It's designed to house a 120mm radiator, its footprint is slightly larger than the radiator, it's deeper than it is wide.

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
The FT03 mini is still such a cool case after all these years.

I am about to build in the FT03 mATX soon. The new NH-U12A actually inspired me to build something small but toasty with it... 9900K and 2080Ti :)

Reactions: cornut