guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Asus PB258Q: 25" AH-IPS 2560x1440 monitor

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Nice screen ! Is that a ruler on the bottom bezel ?

I'm still waiting for a proper 30-32" 4K quality IPS screen that's <1000$. At the moment I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about various issues with IPS and when I look at my 5-6 year old 32" IPS 1080p TV (!), I have none of those issues. So I'm still very patiently waiting XD

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
Nice screen ! Is that a ruler on the bottom bezel ?

I'm still waiting for a proper 30-32" 4K quality IPS screen that's <1000$. At the moment I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about various issues with IPS and when I look at my 5-6 year old 32" IPS 1080p TV (!), I have none of those issues. So I'm still very patiently waiting XD

Yes, it is a ruler and is used with the Asus Quick Fit feature.

Asus website said:
QuickFit Virtual Scale (pantent-pending)

ASUS QuickFit Virtual Scale’s onscreen alignment grid overlay also helps you align and preview actual-size photos and documents on screen prior to printing, thereby adding to the overall flexibility and productivity aspects of the PB258Q display.

It also has 100% of sRGB. This is replacing my 11 years old Eizo L550 (17 inches TN panel). Can't wait to plug it :)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It'll be a hefty upgrade experience going from 17" 4:3 TN to 25" 16:9 IPS !

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Here's a neat little tool I picked up:

It's a DSO Nano v1, looks and feels like a knockoff MP3 player but it's actually a miniature oscilloscope :p

Here I'm trying it out with a test motherboard I have and it's picking up the PWM signal on the 4th pin clear as day. I'm going to to use it in motherboard reviews to see which fan headers really support PWM.

Reactions: GuilleAcoustic

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Nice and powerful tool ! A lot easier to manage than those classic oscilloscopes my dad has.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, that looks much more capable than mine but I'm only going to use it for testing fan headers so I wanted it cheap, easy to use, and be self-contained. I seriously considered a Rigol DS1054Z because I'm a sucker for fancy metrology equipment but that's stupidly overkill.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
Yeah, that looks much more capable than mine but I'm only going to use it for testing fan headers so I wanted it cheap, easy to use, and be self-contained. I seriously considered a Rigol DS1054Z because I'm a sucker for fancy metrology equipment but that's stupidly overkill.

Yep, oscilloscopes tend to quickly get out of price range. I need at least 2 channels and trigger capability. My idea is to build a self contained labputer (laboratory computer), with data aquisition. Everything inside a self built mechanical keyboard.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
The custom Cute on top I already owned, the PSU under it however is my new favoritest thing

Reactions: GuilleAcoustic

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Apparently it's a DAC with a PSU, but what are those hoses at the back ? Home-made tubing/cables ?

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
This condenses 3 delivery's, hopefully i'll not have any more unexpected problems / repairs come up for a good while after this. RAM coolers & fan cables are for desktop, HSF is a Coolermaster Geminii M4 to go in the server (and somewhere down the road it will prolly go into the HTPC)