Show your new toys Topic

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I can't show but I can tell. I got a pair of those tiny WiFi antennae. It may have been the best $6.98 ever spent.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Being in the market for a new TV around Black Friday is definitely good timing. Have been mulling it over for a few months, in the end it was between this and the LG CX, went for this due to the better bright room performance. A 33% discount definitely doesn't hurt either. A massive upgrade over our 8-year-old old 40" Samsung 5-series. A great match for the Lazer3d HT5 4650G HTPC, though the cabling definitely needs cleaning up. And that wall desperately needs some decoration.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Sorry for the potato quality, but my shitty cheap phone does have an obviously shitty camera ... night shots are even worse lol. But here are my new toys :
  • Lone L5
  • Asus Z490-I Strix
  • Intel core i9-10900T (not pictured)
  • Cryorig C7G
  • WD SN750 500G NVMe
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB 3200MHz (Samsung B-die)
  • Noctua NF-A8 PWM (Chromax black)

I forgot to change the quantity when I placed the order and bought a single NF-A8. Anyway, I'll have to order a 90x15mm Noctua because the C7G is such a tight fit that I can't fully clip its fan (shitty clipable bracket if you ask me). Thankfully, the C7G comes with the alternative fan clips, unlike the other C7 series.

I'll have to get an HDPlex too, but they are not in stock atm. Used my spare ATX *cough cough* PSU to check that everything was working fine, and the PSU is almost as big as the L5 lol.

Last edited:

chromov113

Trash Compacter
Jan 14, 2020

So I recently bought these... Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08 and Siege M04. I wanted to try a mechanical keyboard and started browsing a local bulletin boards to buy something cheap, just to try it out, but I stumbled upon this Creative set and almost immediately knew that I want it. I tried to dissuade myself for a week, but finally wrote to the seller, and we made a deal. It even happened that on the evening of this day he had somebuisness in my neighbourhood, and he brought the set to my house.

I am absolutely in love with it, the mouse fits my hand almost perfectly, and typing on this keyboard feels great, but - I didn't know that a mechanical keyboard can be that unreliable! The same keys may make missclicks or double and even triple clicks, making typing almost impossible. Man, I even cannot log into windows at first try!
Now I knew I was buying a used device, but didn't expect it to be this bad. Anyway, I quite enjoy this set and don't want to get rid of it, instead, I am going to fix it. Firstly I'll try cleaning and oiling the switches, if this won't work, I shall consider spending some more money and replacing the switches completely.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

aliexpress 180deg pci power adapter and custom cables finally came, I can actually close the side panel now 😂

waiting for my 8 inch display module and silver arrow 130 cooler now...

Very nice, liking the figure you've got next to your PC as well. I have a figure myself, just adds a bit of personalization within ones setup. Very nice! :)

Reactions: nero626

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Haha thanks, my old build also had a matching figure 😆

it's a sunmilo c01s, got it off hardware swap on reddit for ~190 usd

Now that is a sick looking case, like an aquarium without being submerged. Watercooled PC in a an aquarium looking case. Very unique and nice looking.
You're quite the enthusiast when it comes to PCs I must say, noice! :)

That figure in particular really has the pose and look of how the case is presented by the nice. Very nice! :)

Now you need a figurine to match your forum name :D

Haha, I quite like their current picture. Correct me if I see wrong, but having a bird on your head? :p

GuilleAcoustic

SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
Not my toys, but I just got those for my daughter's bday :
  • Zoom H2N recorder
  • Sandisk Extreme 16GB SD (UHS-1 U3)
  • Koss Porta Pro headphones
She's taking singing classes and needed a way to record herself. The Koss is for everyday music listening, not for monitoring. She can use my K701 for that purpose.

I'm considering those lovely Yaxi orange earpads too, as replacement units :)

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Not my toys, but I just got those for my daughter's bday :
  • Zoom H2N recorder
  • Sandisk Extreme 16GB SD (UHS-1 U3)
  • Koss Porta Pro headphones
She's taking singing classes and needed a way to record herself. The Koss is for everyday music listening, not for monitoring. She can use my K701 for that purpose.

I'm considering those lovely Yaxi orange earpads too, as replacement units :)

Wait, I thought the point of Porta Pros was for everyone else to listen to your music. That's what they're best suited for, at least!

GuilleAcoustic

SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
Wait, I thought the point of Porta Pros was for everyone else to listen to your music. That's what they're best suited for, at least!
LOOL, can't argue with that. I can't remember if they are advertised as semi-opened or semi-closed ... but they definitely leak your music XD. They are just not neutral enough for monitoring purpose.

On a side note, she broke her el'cheapo earphones and kept "stealing" my 99'Classic. Problem solved now ;)

Reactions: Valantar

chromov113

Trash Compacter
Jan 14, 2020
Did I ever mentioned that I am a happy trackball user? Shortly before New Year I spontaneously bought a Logitech Cordless Optical Tackman, this is my 3d trackball, and it's cool! Like it much more then my previous Kensington Obit Scroll, but still not ideal for me - doesn't fit perfectly, I don't like its "biodesign", and I miss the scroll ring.
I wonder how old it is. The seller put an original CD (!) into the box, which contains drivers for Windows XP to 95 (!!!) and some Mac OS's of the similar age. And just look at this radio receiver, compared to a modern Logitech Unifying!

Reactions: Walderstorn