S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
Wow, that's really cute!
Links to the shields you use?
(I could ask in the discord but I'm too lazy)

The red board is any one of these. It requires the enc28j60 device tree overlay but thats included in /boot/overlays with most all distros & easy to find otherwise. The other board is one of these. It pogo pins onto the microUSB test pads & IIRC uses the same LAN9514 chip as the pi 2 so no drivers or device tree overlays needed. W/out anything else on the USB bus I could hit just under 100Mb/s on it & just under the rated 10Mb/s on the enc28 using SPI0. With both ports in an RSTP bridge w/ one acting as a root port & the other as an alt i loose maybe 10Mb/s off the USB backed port & 2MB/s off the SPI backed one, doing RSTP in user space w/ MSTPD though.

Sitting on one of these atm too, just waiting for some headers from China to arrive so i can solder them onto my spare (not W) pi zero, hopefully hang another one of those USB/eth boards off the other side aswell & have another tiny computer with a bunch of network interfaces. Their super handy for learning networking junk on the cheap.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Purchased 2 (two) Logitech G502 Hero a few weeks back. They're great for productivity & gaming in general (I'm not a pro so let's not go into that weight argument)

No issue on my units so far, but slightly disappointed to read all the double click news.

Upon checking further, I found below ?

Reactions: Soul_Est

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Yesterday I rebuilt my survival kit (sorry for the potato quality pic, I'll post a better one tonight)...

• Staedtler pigment liners (0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5 and 0.8mm)
  • Faber Castell TK9500 clutch pencil + TK9071 leads
  • Faber Castell clutch pencil lead sharpener
  • Tombow Mono Zero refillable eraser pen + refill kit
  • A 150mm flat ruler
  • A small leather pencil case
Sadly, I was too deeply involved with the music I was listening to and I got the wrong size of TK9071 leads (3.15mm instead of 2.0mm). Guess I'll have to buy a TK9400 clutch pencil to use them XD.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Yesterday I rebuilt my survival kit (sorry for the potato quality pic, I'll post a better one tonight)...

• Staedtler pigment liners (0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.5 and 0.8mm)
  • Faber Castell TK9500 clutch pencil + TK9071 leads
  • Faber Castell clutch pencil lead sharpener
  • Tombow Mono Zero refillable eraser pen + refill kit
  • A 150mm flat ruler
  • A small leather pencil case
Sadly, I was too deeply involved with the music I was listening to and I got the wrong size of TK9071 leads (3.15mm instead of 2.0mm). Guess I'll have to buy a TK9400 clutch pencil to use them XD.
Ooh, I love Staedtler pigment liners, fantastic pens. What is the kit used for?

GuilleAcoustic

SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
What is the kit used for?

Picking my nose ... j/k ... I'll use them for drawing ! I spent 2 years in an art school, after I finished programming school, as drawing is a passion of mine. Sadly, family drama killed everything that made me want to draw short after I finished that school.

Time and hard work healed those wounds and I think it's time for me to get back to pencils & paper.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Picking my nose ... j/k ... I'll use them for drawing ! I spent 2 years in an art school, after I finished programming school, as drawing is a passion of mine. Sadly, family drama killed everything that made me want to draw short after I finished that school.

Time and hard work healed those wounds and I think it's time for me to get back to pencils & paper.
Good to hear you're doing better and getting back at it! I used to draw a lot back in the day too, but don't much any more - I don't really find time for it, plus I've always struggled both with ideas and finishing stuff, meaning that my drawings tended to be messy, unfinished and rather frustrating. I still kind of miss it though.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016

Glad you're getting back to it @GuilleAcoustic ! Looking forward to seeing what you create going forward.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Bite the bullet and bought a Duster ED500 from a friend. It is used but it is in excellent condition as my friend only used it a handful times in the past few years. I get a discount for an almost brand new one. Good deal.
This should save money for the long haul. It cannot totally replace a can of compressed air which is suitable to a small job quickly. The Duster will be primarily used for quarterly cleaning.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Guess this is SFF in a way too: got my Genki Covert Dock for the Switch a couple of days back. Have to say it's satisfying when a well thought out Kickstarter product actually pans out. In a package slightly smaller than the stock Switch charger this does 25W charging (+5W over USB-A, GaN-based), HDMI out and a USB port for peripherals. Also works as a (slow) charger and HDMI+USB-A dongle for laptops over USB-C, which can definitely come in handy. Unlike the stock Switch dock, which is a rather silly hunk of plastic, this is really travel-friendly (comes with global(-ish) plug adapters).

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Guess this is SFF in a way too: got my Genki Covert Dock for the Switch a couple of days back. Have to say it's satisfying when a well thought out Kickstarter product actually pans out. In a package slightly smaller than the stock Switch charger this does 25W charging (+5W over USB-A, GaN-based), HDMI out and a USB port for peripherals. Also works as a (slow) charger and HDMI+USB-A dongle for laptops over USB-C, which can definitely come in handy. Unlike the stock Switch dock, which is a rather silly hunk of plastic, this is really travel-friendly (comes with global(-ish) plug adapters).
I also received mine last week. Like how your picture captures the lighting and shows off some of the inner workings of the dock.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
Mouser says hi.

Anyway, it works amazingly!

So I guess I'm not flipping it like that Raspberry Pi 4 I sold a day or two after buying it.

Also some witchcraft. What is this two pronged madness?

On a final note, this could be a new frontier in SFF land. Folks on twitter are already making cases! No one has attempted water cooling, RGB, sandwich style cases or something that you can add a full sized GPU.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Mouser says hi.

Anyway, it works amazingly!

So I guess I'm not flipping it like that Raspberry Pi 4 I sold a day or two after buying it.

Also some witchcraft. What is this two pronged madness?

On a final note, this could be a new frontier in SFF land. Folks on twitter are already making cases! No one has attempted water cooling, RGB, sandwich style cases or something that you can add a full sized GPU.
UK-style electrical plugs are the antithesis of SFF.

Cool emulator* box though :) How flexible are those? Can you easily switch between different consoles, or does it require some sort of convoluted reprogramming of the FPGA?

GuilleAcoustic

SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
The current setup.

Ewww what an awfull gamepad ... I'll sacrifice myself again to help you. I'll PM you my address ... You're welcome, no need to thank me, really.

I'll organize a fight club versus my controllers ... (don't mind my Lian-Li case, I already posted it in the space inefficiency thread lol)