Show your new toys Topic

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

It got a little roughed up on its journey across the Pacific but I now have a Lian Li PE-550 for review. And with this I now possess 3700W worth of SFX and SFX-L power XD

QinX

Master of Cramming
kees
Mar 2, 2015
I've gotten myself something that is older then me :) a 1987 Vintage 5 Speed Drill Press.
I got the unit cheap, they guy already had 5 other drill presses and didn't need this one anymore and it is in great condition.
Now I no longer have to rely on my steady hand, or lack thereof.
I've been using it for a couple of weeks and it drill perfectly circular holes so despite its age it hasn't seen much abuse it seems.

Unfortunately it doesn't come with a vice, but I'll be on the lookout for one.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I really love my budget drill press, it really gives a lot of control since you don't need to compensate for a lot of things like movement, torque and weight.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Got a mouse to match my keyboard. I wish there was a way to remove the branding, but I'm afraid of sanding it off and I can't seem to find a replacement shell that I could mod without losing warranty on this one.

The LED colour matches the keycaps much better in reality, phone camera had trouble picking that up.

Reactions: jØrd and Phuncz

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
You could get some decal material and put that over it. Perhaps in orange to match your B85 Phoenix, hmmm?

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
You could get some decal material and put that over it. Perhaps in orange to match your B85 Phoenix, hmmm?

I actually sent the mouse back. The shape was making my ring finger go numb after an hour of use. I disassembled it and checked whether I could 3D-Print a replacement for that part of the shell, but it's no use.

Maybe I'll try the Tyon next because it's just 15€ more expensive and is quite similar but caters to right handed people more, but what I'd really want to do is get a Nyth and print a custom sidepanel and thumbrest. The former would go over the branding and make the mouse a little longer, the latter would replace most of the useless buttons for the thumb.

But that mouse is expensive, and I want to build an ortholinear keyboard, too. :(

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Cheaper but less elegant option: Smaller mouse, slap a load of Sugru around it, then grasp it to mould it to the exact shape of your hand.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Speaking of mice, it might be time for me to replace mine as well.
It's kind of tough for me, though, since I prefer wireless mice. My current mouse is actually the same as my last mouse (well almost it's a revision)

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
What do you expect from those "dust filters" if I may ask?
The hole size seems to be about 1000 micron with a restriction of around 50%. With household dust usually being in the 10-100 Micron range, wouldn't the net "less dust" effect of those filter just be in the reduced airflow through the case?
Unless you have a nice beach property somewhere and fear the sandstorms. :p

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Hey Soul,

Any chance you could measure panel height and width on that monitor for me? I've been looking for a really tight bezzeled 22" for a while. Cheers.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Hey Soul,

Any chance you could measure panel height and width on that monitor for me? I've been looking for a really tight bezzeled 22" for a while. Cheers.
Sure thing! The width and height including the frame is 500 mm x 300 mm and excluding the frame is 476 mm x 268 mm.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Found out our studio has a Chinese market FUZE console (Tegra K1 :( ) to uh.....play with. I will post pictures of the console later.

PRO's:
  • Controller feels great, almost identical to X1 but better build
  • Console seems reasonably well built, and has room for a SATA hard drive to be installed underneath in a small compartment (Nvidia Shield TV, WHY YOU NO DO THIS??!)
  • System UI is good and simple, feels a bit like the PS4 UI (and has English option!!!!)
CON's:
  • Tegra K1 is outdated and kind of sucks now
  • Price is same as Nvidia Shield TV (which is more powerful)

I would say this console has a chance, if it wasn't for the Nintendo Switch. Maybe if the Switch is banned in China, they could update this with a newer ARM chip. If Huawei teams up and puts the Kirin 960 (which supposedly has much better graphics than now) in this, maybe a 2nd version could have a bright future. Anyways, hope this can succeed!

Reactions: Soul_Est

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015

Normally I prefer less "shouty" brands for my audio stuffs, but since 6.5" (this is 6.75" actually) shallow subwoofers are almost impossible to find, these'll have to do. Hopefully this will allow my tiny iQ to have a decent sound without sacrificing storage space. So it's kinda like an M.2 drive in SFF terms :D

I also have Focal 6.5" mid-range speakers and 1" tweeters in the doors, with these subwoofers I hope the package is complete.

Reactions: Soul_Est