Log SG05 Lite & SG13 questions

Kid_E

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jan 5, 2023
Hello,

I've myself a SilverStone SG05 Lite and a friend as a SG13.
We both have modular SFX (550W Gold).

For the storage, my friend already has :
- SSD (primary) that is planned to be placed on the bottom-front of the case, below the GPU
- M2 SSD at the back of the mother-board

Question for the SG05 Lite
Q1
Since it's only cooled by air, in order to optimize the air-flow, I guess the orientation of the PSU should be with the fan facing down so that it takes out the hot air exausted from the CPU cooler while still getting fresh air brought inside by the front

Is it correct ?

Questions for the SG13
Q2
Since no fan is included with the SG13 and because this case support water-cooling, I'm wondering if the Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 would still be possible to install with the SSD drive installed on the bottom-front ?

Q3
I've also the same question regarding the PSU orientation. But would it depend on the front cooling fan he'll choose ?

- If air fan only (ex : 140mm fan) then the fan should take fresh air from the front panel and then the fan of the PSU should face downwards to extract hot air from the CPU but also still get frensh air from the front fan, correct ?

- If liquid cooler, then I guess it could still face downwards to extract hot air from the inside but it's not as critical and he could make his PSU fan facing upwards to take fresh air from the outside.

In the SG13 manual, I can see that watercooling is used and the illustration shows the orientation of the PSU with the fan facing the motherboard.

[EDIT] if the fan is only 120mm, then the upper disk cage can stay and he could install the Sata SSD there.

Q4
My friend currently has a 5600G but if the Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 would be appropriate for a Ryzen 9 Pro 3900 that I have and don't use, then I would give this CPU to him.

Knowing that the 3900 is not really far away in terms of performance compared to a 3900x and that the MasterLiquid Lite 120 is not recommended for a 3900X, I don't think it's a good idea but I'd like to get other opinions.

Best regards,
K.

Last edited: